IGNORED

Looking for a new set of irons

Note: This thread is 5076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I need a new set of irons to replace my Dunlops. I would prefer them to be under $500 and want game-improvement irons.

Driver- Insight Tech A4 with Matrix Ozik shaft
Fairwood- Exotics CB2 7 wood
Hybrid- Burner 08 3 Hybrid
Irons- XCG Irons 4-PW,SW
Putter- GT Max

There are tons of wonderful name brand sets out there within your price range, from Ping G10s to Callaway X22s to Taylor Made Burners. My suggestion would be to find your local used club dealership and hit irons that tickle your fancy. I look for sound, feel, and visual appeal. From there if your still in the researching phase buy one club, via ebay or local used golf club shop, and take it to the range and hit some from the grass. I recently bought a few irons myself, one X-Forged 6 iron and one X-20 6 iron, just to get a feel for them both before I commit. Either way do lots of research because those clubs may be with you for a while. No one likes buyers remorse. Good luck and have fun, nothing is more enjoyable then purchasing a new set of sticks.

~It's the Indian not the Arrow ~

In my bag:
Driver: X460
3 Wood: WarbirdIrons: X18 Pros (3-PW)56 degree wedge: Oil can60 degree wedge: FeO2Putter: Desert Club: ISI 8 Iron~Still looking for a Straw hat~

These are my choices:
King Cobra Mens SZ 2009 Irons
King Cobra S2 Max Iron Set
Nike Mens Slingshot 4D 2008 Iron Set
Cleveland Mens CG Gold 2009 Irons
Ping Mens G5 7 Piece Irons

I will be going and testing these out. What are your guys thoughts on each of these?

Driver- Insight Tech A4 with Matrix Ozik shaft
Fairwood- Exotics CB2 7 wood
Hybrid- Burner 08 3 Hybrid
Irons- XCG Irons 4-PW,SW
Putter- GT Max

These are my choices:

I like the Ping G5s, Ping has always been good to me and my buddies. The G5s are work horses, they will last forever. Good luck and have fun.

~It's the Indian not the Arrow ~

In my bag:
Driver: X460
3 Wood: WarbirdIrons: X18 Pros (3-PW)56 degree wedge: Oil can60 degree wedge: FeO2Putter: Desert Club: ISI 8 Iron~Still looking for a Straw hat~

Note: This thread is 5076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!