IGNORED

Golf Headwear

Boyder
Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So what is your favorite headwear for playing golf?
Mine - the Imperial Sun Pro-tech (same hat Dave Pelz wears)

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Mine is either an Iowa Hawkeye Titleist Hat (Blk/Gold) or a navy blue Titleist w/mesh back hat. I've got an Aegon/Titleist hat like Zach Johnson, but don't wear it that often.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

I wear either a white Hogan cap, or a broadbrimmed, tan canvas hat based on the military "bush hat" design.

Broadbrimmed great during very hot weather, with brim keeping sun off the back of my neck, which I think helps endurance. Only problem: a stiff breeze can catch the broad brim and blow it off my head.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear an Ultimate Crusher made by Sun Precautions ( www.sunprecautions.com ) This hat a 5-inch brim, sloping downwards, and is the only wide-brimmed hat I have ever had the throws shade on the front of your neck and upper chest, too. I am quite sun-sensitive, and this is the hat I trust. I wore it once hiking for 6 hours out of the Grand Canyon, coming straight toward the sun, and was protected the entire time. I can't recommend this hat enough if the sun is your skin's enemy.

Tilley T4 ( www.tilleyendurables.com ). 3½" Brim is plenty wide enough for most people, and certainly better than a simple baseball cap which is useless for sun protection. It has a dual strap system if needed for wind (it was originally designed for sailing)... a hurricane couldn't blow it off... valuable here where we get days of strong wind with cloudless skies.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I prefer a nice strawhat, something that lets the breeze in. Also a good Callaway or Titleist cap.

~It's the Indian not the Arrow ~

In my bag:
Driver: X460
3 Wood: WarbirdIrons: X18 Pros (3-PW)56 degree wedge: Oil can60 degree wedge: FeO2Putter: Desert Club: ISI 8 Iron~Still looking for a Straw hat~

I'm not sure what I am going to do in the middle of summer here as this is my first year playing golf. However, I hope I will not have to wear a hat of any kind as I don't find wearing a hat of any kind to be comfortable at all. Thankfully up here in the North East, shade can usually be found.

Add another vote for the Tilley 4T!

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
In my bag:
Speedline driver
Speedline fairway woods
a3os hybrids GX922 irons (5-pw) Center Cut Classic SP3 Neo

Titliest Visor.

Started black, now a weird brownish color with white streaks across the brim. It also sits crooked on my head....

Mine is either an Iowa Hawkeye Titleist Hat (Blk/Gold) or a navy blue Titleist w/mesh back hat. I've got an Aegon/Titleist hat like Zach Johnson, but don't wear it that often.

Where did you get the Aegon/Titleist Hat? I've been looking for one of those for a while now but cant find one......

D: Titleist 905R 9.5* Aldila NV 65S 3W: Titleist 909F2 15.5* Diamana Blue 75S H: Titleist 585H 21* Aldila NV 85S 4-P: Mizuno MP-57 DGS300 GW: Mizuno MP T-10 52* Black Satin SW: Mizuno MP T-10 56* Black Satin Putter: Ping Redwood Anser

I have no headware, drives me nuts. I never really wore any hats when i was young, so they bug me a bit.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Are we allowed to call these things "hats"? Note my "State" visor has the word "State" on it - I don't even follow NCAA sports - just liked the visor. That visor makes some guys' blood boil - one guy was livid that was I wearing it (it warmed up and I put the toque / beanie away and pulled out a visor). I asked him, "where did you go to school?" When he said UBC (in Vancouver) I almost died laughing - get a life.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I use one of these

Do you golf in the Sahara? :) Just kidding. Looks oober functional, but I don't think it'd quite fit my "demanding style needs." If you want to know what I look like, just pick up your local edition of "I'm big-boned, not fat dam*it!" magazine. :)

Taylormade Burner 09 Driver / Taylormade Burner 09 3 Wood / King Cobra Baffler 19*(Rail H) & 26* / Ping G5 Irons 5-U / Cleveland 588 56* & 60* / Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy / Bridgestone E6 balls

Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!