IGNORED

A golf widow or golf companion?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 6421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is your wife a golf widow or play along with you? My wife tried golf and she finally came to the conclusion that brain surgery had to be easier than golf. Anyway, she has seen me drive away many times with my son and without him before he was of age to go with me and she has stuck by me for 45 years. I've seen divorces because of the passion of golf. What does your wife or girl friend think about it?

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

My ex-wife used to gripe all the time about the time I spent at the golf course. I told her not to force me into making a choice.

My current wife knows without a doubt not to get between me and my golf. She is really good about it. She knows I play every day. She plans what she needs done around my golfing. She has figured out how important it is to me and that it does not mean I don't care about her.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

My wife is good enough to let me play golf. About 18 holes a week. We have two young kids to boot. She's a keeper.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
My wife is good enough to let me play golf. About 18 holes a week. We have two young kids to boot. She's a keeper.

Yeah, but that sister-in-law of yours... she's got to go!

J/K

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My girlfriend is not only hot, but wants to learn to play. She wants to share my interests and passions. She also likes to ride around with me while I play. She lives only 15 min from the the club to boot!!!

In The Bag:
R7 425 10.5 Fujikara ReAx stiff
3,5 Wood Aldila NV 75s
Rescue Dual 16 deg 3i hyb
R7 XD steel/stiff 52deg and 56deg TP White Hot XG 2 ballHome Course: River Crossing

My girlfriend is not only hot, but wants to learn to play. She wants to share my interests and passions. She also likes to ride around with me while I play. She lives only 15 min from the the club to boot!!!

If I was you, I'd teach her everything I could!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

My wife is pretty cool about it too. I play 2-3 rounds a month, but I'm at the range nearly every day. She and the kids came to the range with me yesterday and everyone had a pretty good time. I hope she'll eventually learn the game, but for now she's more of a widow, albeit a gracious one.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

I'm only in my 3rd month of marriage...and I've already got her hooked on the game.

It's a good thing she likes it too, because when we met we were both still in school and I was too busy to play . . . she didn't know what she was getting herself into :)

My wife has some interest in learning. A local executive course has a Friday night date night special, 9 holes & cart for $20 for couples. We've done that a couple times. I hit the ball much farther than she does, but she hits dead straight every time she swings the club. Personally, I think her problem is her teacher, me. We're going to try and get her some lessons, but the weather and schedule doesn't look good this week.

I just hope she doesn't think I'm only going to golf with her. I went out with a guy from work last Saturday and will probably go again next weekend weather permitting. So my wife is both a companion and a widow I guess.

My wife is both, she started by just riding along with me just so that we could see each other on the weekends. Gradually she started bringing a putter, then wedges, etc. So now she's about 50/50 on playing or riding with me on the weekends.

Although she hates the range she will go with me sometimes and hit a small bucket herself or just hangout with me while I practice.

My wife HATES golf. She complains each and every time I go to the golf course. To help eleviate the problem I try and always get her something from the proshop when I win some money in a tournament. I won a $400 skin in a tournament earlier this year and spent it on her, I called it investing in my golf game. She called it a payoff. Anyway she knows I left my first wife when she gave me the ultimatum "golf or me" so she doesn't take it that far. I still play at least 2-3 times a week in the summer and 1-2 times a week in the winter.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

My wife sends me out every morning to play and if I get a call to play in the afternoon she sends me back out. Been married 37 years. Won't let me do chores around the house until after I rest and have had somthing to eat when I get home from playing 18. Am I doing something wrong? just kidding,lol (about doing something wrong)

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

My wife sends me out every morning to play and if I get a call to play in the afternoon she sends me back out. Been married 37 years. Won't let me do chores around the house until after I rest and have had somthing to eat when I get home from playing 18. Am I doing something wrong? just kidding,lol (about doing something wrong)

My wife is a lot like yours... My car went in the shop this morning and she said if it wasn't going to be ready this afternoon, she'd come get me at work and I could drop her off home on my way to the course. You gotta love a woman like that.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

How does that work exactly? My wife is just starting to get into golf. Does your wife come on as your "caddy" or is she one of your foursome? I've been wanting to bring my wife out with me so she can get the "complete experience".

My wife is both, she started by just riding along with me just so that we could see each other on the weekends. Gradually she started bringing a putter, then wedges, etc. So now she's about 50/50 on playing or riding with me on the weekends.

In my bag:

TaylorMade R7 Superquad - 11.5 deg - Diamana Whiteboard 63-S
Tour Edge Exotics - CB2 16 deg - Diamana Redboard 73-S
Taylormade V-Steel 24 deg - Diamana Redboard 83-STaylorMade R7 XD - 5i-AW Project X 6.552 deg Miura Forged Raw56 deg Fourteen MT-28/56V3 60 deg - Fourteen MT-28/60V2 P...

I think we have a couple of keepers.

Do they have any single sisters?

You guys have it sooo good! My ex labels golf as the devil's game and would only let me go out once every two weeks! I made the mistake of bringing my cell phone with me the first two times. 13th hole. Ring ring. me -> Hello? wife -> Are you guys done yet? me-> No honey, we're only on the 13th hole. Maybe another hour and a half. wife-> Hurry up. Bye. 17th hole an hour later. Ring ring. me -> Hello? wife -> Aren't you guys done yet? me-> Almost. I'll be home soon. On the way home in the car half an hour later. Ring ring. me -> Hello? wife -> Where are you!?!?!? me- > I'm a minute away in the car. wife -> Jeeesh, it's about time! Can you pick me up something from Applebees take out? me-> Sure, how about a knuckle sandwich? Just kidding about the knuckle sandwich. She was such a nag and made the little amount of free time I had miserable. My dream would be to find a girlfriend like your wives! Take care, Mark

How does that work exactly? My wife is just starting to get into golf. Does your wife come on as your "caddy" or is she one of your foursome? I've been wanting to bring my wife out with me so she can get the "complete experience".

No, I'll play 9 or 18 when the course is slow (late afternoon, during the week, etc) That's when she'll come along with me. I have a regular round with just the guys.

Like I mentioned, she started by just riding along with me just to hangout. Gradually she started bringing a putter, then wedges, etc. So now she's about 50/50 on playing or riding with me on the weekends or her days off. Although she hates the range she will go with me sometimes and hit a small bucket herself or just hangout with me while I practice. This all worked for me and from others I've talked to it's a similar experience. I sometimes work one day a week at a course and often see couples in a similar situation. Where the spouse will either ride along or play a few holes, most of the time this is in the late afternoons when the course is slow.

Note: This thread is 6421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!