IGNORED

Callaway X-24

Note: This thread is 4625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is it just me, or do they look practically identical to the X-22's? I feel like improving the X-22's is a tall task, and really, it just seems like they needed a new addition to the X series to get some $$$.

FT-iQ 10* driver
FT-i Squareway 3 Wood
X-22's Irons
X Series JAWS Chrome 56*, 60*
Zinc Dual Sided Blade Putter HX Hot Bite X-22 Stand Bag

orange? yuck. and it does look identical. just that that the middle cavity is a bit biggerr than the x-22 IMO

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

I hit them at a Golfsmith last Friday. Solid clubs, but I could not tell any major difference from X22's, or the X20's I still play. I am undecided on the dark finish with the orange accents, I think it looks better than the X22's, but the X20's are still the cleanest looking X series clubs. Just Callaways bi-annual update on the X series.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

X24 features a stronger 4 iron (22º loft and 38.5" Uflex steel shaft) than X20 or X22 (both 24º with 38.25" shaft).

Also X24 model contains no 3 iron (well, its 4 iron is about same as X20/X22 3-irons, which were both a degree stronger and a quarter inch longer).

For X24, the loft gap shrinks (goes from 4º to 3º) between 7i and 6i; this is same as X20 and X22. May notice less distance gaps between longer irons than short irons.

As for lofts in short irons and wedges:

Model X20 X22 X24
9i.....| 41º | 41º | 40º
PW...| 45º | 45º | 45º
AW...| 50º | 51º | 50º
SW...| 55º | 56º | 55º
LW...| 60º | 60º | NA

So, Callaway is strengthening the lofts a tad in the X24, and dropping the 3 iron in favor of a strong 4 iron. I notice there is no X24 Tour model . Is the Diablo Forged supposed to be the new Tour model? has anyone heard anything on this?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've always like the Callaway X-?? Pro Series or Tour Series of clubs... anyone have a favorite of the bunch? X-14, X-18, X-20?

just curious, not really trying to hijack the thread.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

yea, i love the 22's. i have hit 20's, but my heart is with the 22's. i like the blue look, so naturally i find the orange look a little bit ugly. i have no doubts that they are good clubs, as all x series irons are. but i feel that going with the 22's will get u the same experience, for a cheaper price. obvious the lofts will be slightly different, but that is info that only experienced players would care to know about.

FT-iQ 10* driver
FT-i Squareway 3 Wood
X-22's Irons
X Series JAWS Chrome 56*, 60*
Zinc Dual Sided Blade Putter HX Hot Bite X-22 Stand Bag

All X series irons are the same. Same clubs with different decals (and paint job in case of the 24's).
I have a set of X14s and they're almost identical to the X22s.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

ping the best oin game improvement. Callaway have no difference in x-18r to x22. performance and feel wise. X-18r are the best if i could get my hands on them with a stiff shaft. i dont get the uniflex idea of callaway.

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

All X series irons are the same. Same clubs with different decals (and paint job in case of the 24's).

Do you have the pro-series x-14's... do they have an undercut channel like the regular x-14's or are they just a regular cavity back?

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

IMO, the X-14s are absolutely nothing like the X-22s. I've hit both extensively. I love the X-series and can't wait to try the X-24's, but my list of preference of the X-series goes as follows:

Favorite: X-18
X-20
X-16
X-22
Least Favorite: X-14

Never hit anything older than that. I do think they 24s look a bit different than the 22s. Seems like they may have a bit thinner topline, which may be due to the fact that they're not making a tour model and they're hoping to cater slightly more towards the lower handicap players. Also, hopefully they hit a little different, because I didn't like the 22s very much. I'm with everyone else wishing they would offer something other than the uniflex as the stock shaft too. TT DG S300s (or whatever other flex you prefer) would be a great alternative.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

I'm with everyone else wishing they would offer something other than the uniflex as the stock shaft too.

That's why I just got rid of my X-22s. I did not care for the Uniflex shaft, especially when compared to regular shafted clubs that I hit.

It's another reason that I didn't pick up a set of barely used Ci7s at Golfsmith for about $150 - they had uniflex shafts, and while I realize that not all uniflex shafts are created equal, the X-22s have jaded me to uniflex shafts (at least for the foreseeable future).

In my X-Series Bag:

Driver G10 10.5*
Woods V-Steel 3W, 5W
Hybrids Pinemeadow ZR1 19* 3HIrons MX-19 4-GWWedge MP-R Black Nickel 54/10Putter Rossa Sebring AGSI+

IMO, the X-14s are absolutely nothing like the X-22s. I've hit both extensively. I love the X-series and can't wait to try the X-24's, but my list of preference of the X-series goes as follows:

The X-20 Tour look pretty good, and they're the first without the S2H2 hosel... never was a big fan of that.

They also came available with Rifle, Project X, and DGS shafts, so a decent selection for most of the better players. Put me down for not liking the uniflex either

Cheers, Allan

just my opinion but if you are going to get game improvement irons, stick with the ping line, like the ping g15 irons. They make some of the best cast irons.

good things its just an opinion cuz thats quite a broad statement you're making. In my opinion, callaway has historically made some of the best game improvement irons out there. Pings up there too but Callaway is a great contender for GI irons. I'm no Callaway fan boy, was never a fan of them until the X-forged but I always recommend Callaway for beginners to high h'cappers.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Ive played X-18's from a 19 HI down to a 10.8 HI. Unfortunately, I really dont like the look of the new Callaway irons and will probably switch to the AP2's in the near future.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!