IGNORED

Older Ladies playing golf....

GrahamD
Note: This thread is 4356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

An incident occured last weekend on saturday when me and my 2 cousins were playing our local course, we went in the the reception to confirm our tee time and we seen four ladys who were just about to head out before us, we overheard one lady saying ''whats the best golf ball for a beginner?''

Me and my 2 cousins looked at each orther and said ''What are we in for''.

So we went out to the first and we seen them tee off, I was glad to see they coud actaully hit the ball a decent 80 yards down the fairway to start so I thought it may not be that slow and even if it is surely they will let us play through but I soon found out that was not to be the case.

After 6 holes it took 2 hours behind them! They never even looked at us at this stage or looked to ever try to let us play through them, the whole course was held up and they lost 4 or 5 holes on the group ahead.

On the 7th tee was a dogleg par 5 and they were around 300 yards down the fairway and i was sick of waiting so i decided to hit my 3 wood to avoid them but it ended up hitting the path and hitting one of there golf bags, I didn't shout fore because I had no idea it was going to hit the path through the middel of the fairway.

After 9 holes they went in for a quick coffee break aswell (you know women, gotta have some coffee) so that slowed things even more

So finally after 11 holes as we are standing on the par 3 160 yard tee box, we notice the course ranger go up to them on the green as they are putting, it looks like we are finally going to be able to play through, the women step back to let us take our shots, then as we head down to to te green my cousin says to the ladies ''Thanks'' and then they just look at us with the biggest sour face you could imagine it was hilarious, then when we were walking off the green one of the women said ''were we too slow for ye lads'' we just laughed and walked to the next tee.

It gets better, as we tee off the next hole we look back and see the women rushing up to our tee and getting ready to hit very fast, we knew exactly what they were up to.

The next hole my cousin hit a snap hook shot onto the fairway the women were on but it was no where near them like over 100 yards up, a few mins later one of the women came up to us and said ''did you never hear of the word four lads, you could have hurt one of us, and you sonny hit my bag on the 7th and didnt shout fore'' I quickly explained that it had hit the path so i dint have time to shout fore but she didn't listen and said '' I'm going to report you to the course manager''. In my head i was laughing but then looked at my cousin and I could see he was fuming, next thing he said was '' well you can get the f*** off the course you old bunch of hags, this is a golf course not a F***king social tee party go home''

The lady and her friends said we get kicked off the course even though were junior representation of the club and im junior captain and I happen to be good friends with all the staff and they all know what women are like, well...most

I'm not saying all women are like this but alot are very stuck up, some men can be like this to but it more common found to be women.

I would like to hear your opinions on this stroy weather or not you think im too harst on women, obiously my cousin went a little over the line but they tried his patience

Harsh....well kind of, Remember that golf is a game of gentlemen and it has its etiquette. A few things to consider...

* Always yell FORE if you may possibly come close to hitting someone.
* When you are presented with that situation, call the pro shop and have a marshal get involved
* Never loose your demeanor on the course....in general cursing, throwing clubs and/or tantrums is not looked upon in great light.

Also remember that the fact that you are young, may actually be against you at some clubs.
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

Couldn't you have just played through while they were having coffee after their 9th? Seems like you could have gotten 3 or 4 groups past them.

Just be thankfull none of them left a surprise in the cup after your partner hit into them on the 7th.

And, yeah, just a wee bit harse with the gender related generalizations. Slow play is not a function of gender nor of age. Neither is rudeness. Adjust accordingly and carry on.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

My initial thought:

You and your friend need to learn a little respect. "... they all know what women are like... " "... well you can get the f*** off the course you bunch of hags..." Awesome. You win a thumbs up from the 14 year olds who hang out at the bus stop down the street in the morning.

As golfers... you could have approached the women at the turn and apologized for the shot that hit the cart path and then the bag and requested to play through at that point (seeing as they were having coffee and were 4-5 holes behind). Instead... you didn't take the opportunity to ask to play through OR apologize (you WERE the one who hit the ball, afterall... and purposeful or not... you could have shown some respect).

Patience is a great thing to learn... because nothing good can EVER come from losing your temper. You come across as feeling entitled, to be honest. The fact that you ARE the captiain of the junior representatives of your course should force you to act more mature, in my opinion. You're setting an example (as captain) the the entire group of juniors that frequent your course. If you start blabbering on about how women are slow and older people piss you off... that's going to rub off on your friends.

Two words I was told any time I had an issue that I dealt with in a less than proper manner:

"Grow Up"

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My initial thought:

excellent post

to the OP It probably also didn't help that you went into it thinking what are we in for. It sounds like you started with a bad attitude of the women before even seeing them play and no matter how they would have played it would not have been enough. We control our attitudes, so just relax and have fun. View it as a chance to enjoy being out and spending time with your cousins

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Jesus Christ...this is how people behave nowadays towards elderly ladies who are new to golf?
And to post this story as if you're giving yourself a pat in the back.

f•ck you and your friend. thats all i have to say.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

i would have just played 2 balls

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

Jesus Christ...this is how people behave nowadays towards elderly ladies who are new to golf?

also an excellent post.

If there were 4 or 5 holes open, why not just skip a hole

In my bag

Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

And this and excellent example of how to behave.....and the OP needs to grow up? Sorry golfpro, please this in now way is an attack on you or jlh...but teach by example! You want teach the OP something do it like Fairway CY, but please do not complain about the OP's behaviour when yours is not better!

It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

An incident occured last weekend on saturday when me and my 2 cousins . . . went a little over the line . . .

That's really all anyone has to read of that tale. Grow the F up is right.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

also an excellent post.

We were in a competition so skipping holes is not an option, and as for when they went for a coffee break, just as we got off the 9th green they had seen us so they practically ran out of the clubhouse so we wouldn't get ahead of them, I know alot you think I'm some arragant little kid who needs to ''grow up'' as fairway said but im sick and tired in getting caught up in situations like this as it affects my golf game aswell as my patience

...I know alot you think I'm some arragant little kid who needs to ''grow up'' as fairway said but im sick and tired in getting caught up in situations like this as it affects my golf game aswell as my patience

Listen... you posted this thread... pretty much boasting that your cousin told off a group of old ladies. You flat out admitted you were 'tired of waiting' and that's why you hit the 3 wood. Yes... you hit a great shot that went further than you anticipated... and it's happened to many of us... difference is... we apologized for our actions rather than posting them on an internet message board. Nobody THINKS you're an arrogant little kid... you POSTED that you're an arrogant little kid.

The number one peeve of golfers, worldwide... is the lack of etiquette on the golf course. You broke an unwritten rule. Granted, they SHOULD have allowed you to play through... but you should have asked instead of ASS UMING they'd allow you to play through. As for you being tired of getting caught up in situations like that... change your company. Your cousins are obviously NOT the best guys to be on the course with. Patience is learned... you aren't born with it. As babies, we all cried the instant we wanted something because we didn't know any other way to express our desires. You're 18 years old (per your profile)... you aren't a baby. Learn to be more patient and LEARN to not let it affect your game. Whether you like it or not... you ARE going to run in to slow play at times and you ARE going to have to learn to deal with it or suffer with poor scores during those instances. Maybe I'm out of line for telling you to grow up... but seeing as how it's the consensus vote... I'm gonna stick with it. CY

Career Bests

We were in a competition so skipping holes is not an option, and as for when they went for a coffee break, just as we got off the 9th green they had seen us so they practically ran out of the clubhouse so we wouldn't get ahead of them, I know alot you think I'm some arragant little kid who needs to ''grow up'' as fairway said but im sick and tired in getting caught up in situations like this as it affects my golf game aswell as my patience

Do you mean it teaches you how to have patience, which will help you later in life - maybe even help your golf game?

If you choose not to see this as a learning experience, then you will struggle with situations like this your entire golfing life. Deal with it, or pick up, but don't be a punkass hoodlum who hassles old ladies. EDIT: basically, what CY said.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Ooops... by the way... what competition allows you to play with your cousins and then has the course (knowing it's a competition) put out a foursome of older women who ADMIT to being beginners in front of junior competition golfers (whom the staff supposedly knows well)?

Just curious.

CY

Career Bests

Do you mean it teaches you how to have patience, which will help you later in life - maybe even help your golf game?

Spot on!

CY

Career Bests

You should have told them the golden girls was on tv, by the time they got to the clubhouse and realized you were lying you would have been to the next tee. Problem solved, you would never have seen them again. Or maybe tell them somebody hit their LTD out in the parking lot. Either way you would have distracted them long enough to play through. Or mentioned the free bingo in the lounge, etc....

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

so they were slowing you up, but they had time to go in and get coffee before you got off the 9th green?

In my bag

Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood

So, it seems like everyone was in the wrong, no? You and your friends acted like total asses, and the women should have paid more attention to the situation they created.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!