IGNORED

Older Ladies playing golf....

GrahamD
Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Please don't generalize about women.  I've been held up on the course by lots of men!  Gender doesn't have anything to do with it!  Course etiquette and basic common sense were what was lacking in your situation.  Were the ladies in question in the wrong?  Yes.  They should have let you play through.  Could you and your friends have handled the situation differently?  Yes.  What options did you have?  Ask the slow players if it would be ok for you to play through, if they refuse, contact the course marshal, that's their job!  If neither of those options work, well then just resign yourself to having a very slow round and take the time to concentrate on the finer points of your game, and be thankful you're out on a golf course on a beautiful day.

And Greg, who commented above about telling them Golden Girls was on, you're being just a tad sexist.  Not nice.

Originally Posted by Fairway_CY

My initial thought:

You and your friend need to learn a little respect. "... they all know what women are like... " "... well you can get the f*** off the course you bunch of hags..." Awesome. You win a thumbs up from the 14 year olds who hang out at the bus stop down the street in the morning.

As golfers... you could have approached the women at the turn and apologized for the shot that hit the cart path and then the bag and requested to play through at that point (seeing as they were having coffee and were 4-5 holes behind). Instead... you didn't take the opportunity to ask to play through OR apologize (you WERE the one who hit the ball, afterall... and purposeful or not... you could have shown some respect).

Patience is a great thing to learn... because nothing good can EVER come from losing your temper. You come across as feeling entitled, to be honest. The fact that you ARE the captiain of the junior representatives of your course should force you to act more mature, in my opinion. You're setting an example (as captain) the the entire group of juniors that frequent your course. If you start blabbering on about how women are slow and older people piss you off... that's going to rub off on your friends.

Two words I was told any time I had an issue that I dealt with in a less than proper manner:

"Grow Up"

CY

+1

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

OP - did it ever occur to you to simply walk up to the ladies and politely ask as you were in a competition if your group could play through ?       I would have done this on about the 3rd hole.    If they refused (highly unlikely if you were cordial about it), then involve the ranger.     Simplest of problems to resolve ... you guys let your temper get the best of you, where you could have been "those nice young boys" that the ladies talked about at tee after their round, rather than those "little brats that need to learn some manners and respect their elders".

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!