IGNORED

Scorecard program

Note: This thread is 5046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is the Scorecard program any good? At the end of my games i rarely think about where i'm loosing strokes, so i was considering this program. Any thought?

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid
titleist.gif 5-Wscratch.gif SWodyssey.gif putter Srixon balls

I keep all my cards on an excel spreadsheet. For each round, for each hole, I break down my score by the clubs I used for that particular hole. I can then see how many times I hit my driver (or any other club) in a round or how many putts I had. In addition, I also mark if I hit a farway or had a GIR. I have a summary tab that summarizes my average score, driving accuracy %, GIR %, average putts per round, average three puts per round, etc.

This has given me great perspective about where my work needs to be done. My average score right now is around 80 and about 47 of those shots come from my two wedges and my putter. I 'm going to put more emphasis on my short game practice.

Maybe you can set up something similar.
In my Hoofer:

G15 Driver 9° | Accra Classic SE stiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 3W 15° | Accra Classic SE stiff
MP-57 3-PW | Rifle flighted shafts 6.0 Spin Milled 52-08 |Black Nickel | True Temper Dynamic Gold Spin Milled 56-08 |Black Nickel | True Temper Dynamic Gold Black Series I#9 putter Pro V1x

that's something i would like to no an percentage of my shots. I would to keep track on were is my game going...and is it user friendly? help me out here...

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid
titleist.gif 5-Wscratch.gif SWodyssey.gif putter Srixon balls

Just bought and downloaded Scorecard over the weekend. There's a bit of setup time, as you have to alter the scorecard template and create a scorecard for the pars and yardages of courses you play regularly.

Instructions were a bit unclear. There may be a way to download a course's score card. (There's a HDCP software you can subscribe to through Golf Galaxy, and most established course scorecards can be extracted from a database).

I'm not sure if you can load extra stat cells into Scorecard or not. Would be nice to have a cell to record what club you used on a shot.

If I'm offtarget on any of my impressions, Scorecard veterans please help me out.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a Scorecard user. In the interest of full disclosure, I was lucky and received my license through a promotion, but that I don't let that affect my opinions of the software.

As far as I know, you need to enter the course data yourself. It's not a big deal, takes about 5 minutes to enter and check the figures. At first I thought this was a bit annoying, but as it turns out it's such a minor task that I don't mind, and it's nice to be responsible for the data yourself, since it means you can be sure it's correct. Other subscription-free services I've seen (notably oobgolf.com) have databases, but in my experience they have frequent errors that mean I have to check everything anyway.

No way to enter additional stats either. This is a bit of a downer in my opinion, since it doesn't let you track the club off the tee or driving distance, but you are free to make a free-form note for each hole where you could record such things for yourself. In the end, mostly a minor complaint since I probably wouldn't actually make much use of this, and it'd add a lot of complexity for a minor gain to implement it well enough to be truly useful.

Overall, I have found it to be a nice program. The iPhone/iPod Touch app is useful for keeping score on the course and syncing later. I think it's an improvement over an excel spreadsheet because it lets you easily sort and separate data by date, course, conditions, etc, and has a fairly complete set of statistics for analysis. It also computes your handicap index, which is nice if you don't have a club or other service. It also has the capability to output a website-ready set of files to post your scores and stats on line for sharing (see the link below my post), which is nice, although you need to make arrangements to upload it to a web host. Not a big deal, but a bit of a technical barrier for some users.

In the end, I'd say download the demo and have a look. The demo is completely functional, albeit for only five rounds. You should be able to tell whether it'll be useful to you.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I was considering signing up for a Scorecard membership but then I found the Golf Digest Make Me Better. I can track the number of putts, FWs hit, GIR and short game up and downs with sand saves as well.
Although I find this helpful, I don't use it too often since my golf club has a computerized system where at the end of each hole you insert your cart into a small machine and in ten seconds you can write your score, your markers and whether you hit the fairway and how many putts you had. At the end of the round you can print out your scorecard and at the bottom you have three boxes: % FWs Hit, # of putts and % of GIR.
I find this to be great as everything I need is on there and if I want to take averages of my rounds I can access the Norwegian Golf Federation's website, access my account and a new tab with all my recorded rounds will appear with these stats.

Oh, I forgot to mention my favorite thing about Scorecard: the data reside on my computer. The online solutions are great, but I like having my own copy of all my scores.

In the bag:

Like Zeg, I didn't have to pay for my copy of Scorecard, and while is might throw of my perception of it's value, it doesn't affect how much I like the product. I input all of my stats into it, and out spit what seems like 200 different stats. It's nice to be able to track how my stats are trending, and also being able to compare them to other people, including pros. I think a nice addition would be a database or courses, but it would have way to many errors. The only changes that I think should be made are additions like what clubs you use (for example: it could track GIR with different clubs and fairways hit with driver or 3W), and driving distance. DD might get abused my some people, but they are really just cheating themselves, and I think it would help my game. Plus, you don't HAVE to input all of the stats, you can pick and choose which ones. When I got the demo last year I didn't want to take the time to walk of putting distance, but now I do and find it really valuable. In fact, I think adding a second putt distance would be a nice addition too.

So all in all, it's a very good product if you are willing to use it and learn from your mistakes.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

try out the demo and see if you like it.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Oh, I forgot to mention my favorite thing about Scorecard: the data reside on my computer. The online solutions are great, but I like having my own copy of all my scores.

I put the software and license on a flash drive - now I can take wherever I go - I can track most stats on the AGA (Alberta Golf Association) for most courses in the country, but 3 local tracks, where I play most often, aren't available - boo!!

Still need to load the course info - so I can report back after that process. Just curious - are there any personalized equipment tools in it? What I'm thinking of, is setting up some type of loft/lie, grind, shaft, carry/roll, swingspeed, altitude, etc information in a table to help match a set makeup to a course, or a potential course.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

. . . last year I didn't want to take the time to walk of putting distance, but now I do and find it really valuable. In fact, I think adding a second putt distance would be a nice addition too.

I was wondering how to track that without thinking about it before putting, then it hit me (duh), pace from the ball to the hole

after hitting the ball.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I was wondering how to track that without thinking about it before putting, then it hit me (duh), pace from the ball to the hole

Yeah that's what I do. I just walk it off on my way to the cup to pick the ball up.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I found that pacing off the distance has helped some with my distance control, especially on unfamiliar greens. For that reason, I pace off the distance

before I putt. After all, I'm taking that walk anyway when I'm reading the green. Now I simply just count the steps as I go, no big deal. As for adding more stuff to track... I'm in crowd that would be against this. This program is already tracking a lot of information for you. Much more than anybody would likely be tracking on their own. The amount of information collected is in a very good place as far as value vs annoyance. I know a lot of people want to track things like driving distance or club hit, etc, etc but at the end of the day, there isn't much value in that for trending and statistical analysis. For example, let's look at #2 at my local club. It's a 431 yard par 4. I usually hit driver off the tee and, depending on the wind, a 9-iron into the green. Tuesday night however, I hit a 7-iron into the green. A week ago, I hit a 60' into the green. I hit both of these drives about the same but w/the difference in the wind and the pin placement, my approach shot varied quite a bit. Over a season this would likely average out but what value do I gain from this statistical information? None really. Instead, I keep a small notebook where I make notes about given shots so that I can determine trends and ascertain the best plan of attack from that information. Knowing that, on average, I have XYZ yards into this green is of no value to me. However, knowing that I should generally take one less club into a given green due to the way that a hole "plays" is much more valuable information and is not something that adding more data to Scorecard would help me learn, this is where my notebook comes into play. What club you hit in a given situation or how far you hit it off the tee is not something that would provide much, if any, value to a program like Scorecard. ETA: I also make pretty consistent use of the notes field for every hole. By reviewing these notes from time to time, you can also learn a lot about your game as well. If you are interested in "extraneous" bits of information, track them using this field. Getting back to the intent of this thread... Give Scorecard a try. I think that you'll really like it. If you spend the time to track the information accurately it will give you a very clear indication of what areas of your game need work. Once you have that information, it's up to you to put in the work though.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Zeg,

Thanks for the heads-up on ScoreCard computing our HDCP index. I was getting ready to re-subscribe to the Golf Galaxy HDCP system, but now I won't have to.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Zeg,

No problem. Of course, if you need an official handicap for something, you still need to join a club, but for informal stuff this is all you need.

In the bag:

I have Scorecard that I paid for when it first came out. I love it and would pay for it again if I had to.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!