IGNORED

My Swing (Arsenal8807)

Arsenal8807
Note: This thread is 4252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was at the driving range today hitting my new set and they felt great. At the beginning my swing wasn't where I wanted it to be but I got it to come around after a few practice swings and seeing what my hands and club were doing on the way to impact. Then I got smart and decided to record my swing and I thought it looked pretty good after not playing for about 4 years..

Anyways,
Can you guys analyze this to see if I am looking good on my form??
Thanks

Here are the videos..

Here.. FINALLY

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Today I was slicing my driver.. Any tips?

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

• Administrator
Very simple - your hands don't get deep, they do the opposite. They move away from your body on the backswing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very simple - your hands don't get deep, they do the opposite. They move away from your body on the backswing.

Don't want to Hijack, but just a quick thing, and it might help the OP too.. I think I have this problem too.In trying to keep my backswing very wide, I think my hands move out away from me a little.My question is, does your hands going deep not promote a backswing that goes

too far to the inside?I don't think I understand it fully.My swing is pretty flat at the top and I dont want to make it any flatter.Also, is this hands deep move a S & T thing or is it universal?
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

So I need to keep it wide but move deep? What should my hands be doing? Should I try and keep my arms in toward my body as I rotate?

How did my swing look?

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

You need to aim at a target. Even in practice. At no point in these videos do you look in the direction of where you are hitting it before you've struck the ball. You need to adpt a pre-shot routine which is consistent and involves aiming at target.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Pretty simple to see the issue. When the club starts back and gets to level with the ground, you hands are still in front of the body line you had at address. So while you swing looks very athletic and pretty good over all, you work on up and then drop under to fix the problem of not getting the hands inside sooner. At waist high, your hands could (should) be on a line with your body, not outside it. My guess is if you do not have a little active hand action at impact that you shots might be little pushes from dropping under. When you get the slightest bit flippy, you will pull it or slice it. That is just my guess from a brief look at your swing.

Note: you can take your hands inside more without letting the club flop over inside. Take a few practice swings where at waist high the club shaft points left of your target line, but your hands are well inside that line. Then as you go on up to the top, you will not need any corrections coming back down. At least try a few of these swings with some practice balls and see if you get the feel of coming inside but not getting the club trapped inside.

RC

Thanks for the tips guys I started to get up off the bed to try things out and see what I'm doing after reading the advice!

RC,
what did you mean by: "Take a few practice swings where at waist high the club shaft points left of your target line, but your hands are well inside that line."
this too.. "At waist high, your hands could (should) be on a line with your body, not outside it. My guess is if you do not have a little active hand action at impact that you shots might be little pushes from dropping under."

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Hands deep is universal.

Is it ever.Played this morning and made this change.Officially my best round ever.Never made 3 birdies in a round before, par'd most holes, had 2 eagle putts, missing one by an inch, was about a foot away from an ace.

Very excited about Golf after this morning, so thanks to Erik for that.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

What is hands deep exactly? I played today and did better than I anticipated but I need to work on my tempo a little and make sure I'm getting my shoulders turned more when the club is parallel to the ground.

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

What is hands deep exactly? I played today and did better than I anticipated but I need to work on my tempo a little and make sure I'm getting my shoulders turned more when the club is parallel to the ground.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/entries...ands-Explained

Deeper hands is such a simple thing so I am not sure why it is hard to figure out, but it is, and by far the majority of golfers don't get this part right. To the OP who asked what I meant, just read the words again. When the backswing gets started back and the club has reached parallel or level to the ground (some call it 3:00 O'Clock, some say 9:00 O'Clock, I never know what side of the clock to use) the hands should be so a line drawn parallel left of our target line has your hands on that line and passing through as least some part of your body. The club head can be so the shaft is pointed on that parallel left line or slightly left of it. The OP's hands are completely outside a parallel left line that would touch some part of his body, even though many would say the club is lined up well on a parallel target line -- it is, but it is too far outside your body. This is what a famous golfer is doing right now with his outside take-away, his hands are pushed out and then he goes up to a laid off position... well he is trapped there and has to compensate somewhere on the way down. GD (Golf Digest) just revealed that he is 30+ yards shorter off the tee than five years ago. When the hands push or stay out away from the body and the club starts back, one of two bad things can happen -- (1) the club stays outside the hands and then goes up laid off, or (2) the club flops inside (shaft at waist high points right of the parallel target line) and gets trapped either way. Both are problems that cause OTT swings, flippy hands, loss of distance, and, surely, more issues. This is just my opinion and the internet if full of weird opinions.

This is a very simple minded explanation, and I claim no expertise or special insights. There is a lot more to the story... but trying to give an opinion in a short note is very hard. I am just suggesting you try the inside hands approach but do not let the club flop over and under the hands plane.

RC

• 1 month later...

I started working on my swing a little more and I would like to know what you guys think. I have started to hit my driver much better now and I'm more confident swinging and going for shots with it off the tee..
Two videos,
Regular speed and the next is slow-mo

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

I can't tell if it's the angle or not but it looks like you're pulling the club WAAAY inside and your shaft is pointing well right of the target at the top.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

So I should work on keeping it straight up top? I think it may be why I pull it at times because I am having to compensate coming down. Will the same thing apply for irons? And does it look ok other than it pointing off the line?

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

It looks to me as if your coming around your body to much. It works fine as long as you follow the swing plane down but this is difficult, the pull and probably occasionaly hook is from you coming over the top of the swing plane.

First of all, read this:
http://thesandtrap.com/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Second, the problems here are pretty much the standard M.O. for your handicap, trying to lift the ball into the air, over the top, and too long of a backswing. But these things are hard to properly diagnose from the angle you filmed at. The only one that we're sure of is that the swing is a touch long.

Note: This thread is 4252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!