IGNORED

shank proof wedge

boston blackie
Note: This thread is 2205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey, I've never tried slathering boiling hot oil all over my body and letting wild dogs lick it off, but I'm pretty sure I'd not like that either.

Hilarious!

Hey, I've never tried slathering boiling hot oil all over my body and letting wild dogs lick it off, but I'm pretty sure I'd not like that either.

A famous quote by one 'Shanks A Million', not 4 days ago... Re: Clones broke!! " I love the fact all the idiots posting on this thread think they need name brand clubs to shoot their scores. Pathetic...."
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

A famous quote by one 'Shanks A Million', not 4 days ago...

So, context is not relevant?

Anyway, I'm just bitter and twisted because I didn't

play

with large men.

My advice would be to try

big stick.

So, context is not relevant?

Nice work Shanks, your handiwork made me smile on this other wise dull Tuesday morning. Clearly you have a very imaginative mind (wild dogs licking hot oil off your immense body, large men, big sticks etc). You really ought to get out of the house more often.

Anyway, back to the case in point. On the one hand, there you were preaching that golfers should just be allowed to play whatever clubs they want to and that the naysayers should give them a break (the clone thread), yet here you are knocking people about the very same thing. I'm not sure whether you're a just a hypocrite or are schizophrenic?
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

This may be the best post in history...

What can I say, the guy is an idiot.

My argument in the clones thread was that you don't need brand name clubs to shoot low scores. My argument here is that you shouldn't try to buy a better game with ridiculous gimmicks. He's comparing my proclamation that the brand of clubs doesn't matter to the idea that the function does. It's faulty logic, the two arguments are not at all related. I also say high handicappers should not play blades, yet another contradiction? No, of course not. I think people should play the clubs that they can both hit now, and still find useful down the line. I don't care if those clubs are made by Bob's Big House 'O Golf Klubs of Titleist. We could change the subject a bit and imagine that we were talking about submarines. If I said you didn't need a submarine made by a name brand company, does that mean I believe you can explore the depths in a Ford Taurus? It doesn't matter who makes it, it matters what function it has. A car is not a submarine, and a name brand car doesn't get you to your destination any less so than an off brand one.

What can I say, the guy is an idiot.

Hey larda$$, I know the 2 arguments are unrelated. What I was trying to convey is that you're a hypocrite.

1) Clones thread - I am knocking people for playing what they play and you are saying leave them the hell alone to play whatever they want . 2) This thread - you are knocking people for playing clubs with 'ridiculous gimmicks' in order to improve their game - shouldn't you just be leaving them alone to play whatever they want?
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood

Why is the thing a gimmick though???

It's a high lofted hybrid.
Lots of people chilli-dip their shots, this helps prevent it.

You say people should learn how to hit better clubs.
Not everybody is really into golf, some people like playing it only a couple of times a year. They couldn't be bothered to learn how to hit a proper wedge if they can have something like that instead.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

OK, so I'm a sh...y golfer. After a 25 year layoff I'm back and having a ball.

Sorry to dredge this thread up again, but I want to report that I received the gap wedge yesterday from Black Magic and I'm very impressed. All my range shots fell in a tight group, no miss hits. On the course I tried one shot out of a trap and worked beautifully. I am now thinking of getting the lob wedge, as I have two lob wedges now that I won't even carry in my bag because of their unreliability.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 7 years later...

Seems that many responses are the same, it’s ugly, wouldn’t own one, it’s a gimmick but they all have a common thread, they have not hit this club.  I have hit the 55 degree and it is a good sand wedge,.  From 75 yards and in you can hit it on line and with a little practice you can adjust for the distance.  It was much better than my Ping 54 degree and/or my Calloway 60 degree..

Note: This thread is 2205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!