IGNORED

Are you a hitter or a swinger?

Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hitter or a swinger?

• Hitter
    • Swinger
    • Combination
    • Don't Know
    • Don't Care

I'm a hitter (or as my friend says, a trapper), for every club except for the driver.  i swing my driver.  i made the switch this season and i'm loving it.  after years of golf, i basically went from 100+ to 85ish this season.  I feel like I'll be breaking 80 by the end of next season (probably jinxing myself).

• 2 years later...
Love this thread. I've been taking lessons for two years and just couldn't ever get the timing of the left arm pull, then lag, then release. Hit some great shots but the number of absolute turds never went down despite tons of drills/practice/video. Recently came across the idea of the "flying wedge" and it has been a revelation. Keep the wedge, swing along the plane of my right forearm, and push with the right arm. So much more solid and consistent!!! Feels so much more natural with a right-hand dominant "hit" than trying to pull down with the left side, which never felt comfortable to me. I'm hitting away and loving it!

Titleist 915 D, 3W, 3H

TaylorMade RocketBladez 4I-AW

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56 degree SW and 60 degree LW

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Dual Balance

Bridgestone B330

Love this thread. I've been taking lessons for two years and just couldn't ever get the timing of the left arm pull, then lag, then release. Hit some great shots but the number of absolute turds never went down despite tons of drills/practice/video.

Recently came across the idea of the "flying wedge" and it has been a revelation. Keep the wedge, swing along the plane of my right forearm, and push with the right arm. So much more solid and consistent!!!

Feels so much more natural with a right-hand dominant "hit" than trying to pull down with the left side, which never felt comfortable to me.

I'm hitting away and loving it!

How it works??

:nike:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure what you mean... How what works? By the way, the dress is white and gold. I hope the Royals win the pennant.

Titleist 915 D, 3W, 3H

TaylorMade RocketBladez 4I-AW

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56 degree SW and 60 degree LW

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Dual Balance

Bridgestone B330

• 6 months later...
My swing mechanics have evolved a bit in the last 18 months. I got away from hitting and more swinging. Took out the constricted arm movements of a one plane action also stood slightly taller and tried to drive with the left more. In fact it feels freer but I still was lacking something. Realised that I have more power if I drive with my right. Same mechanics but the delivery comes from the right. I know that the warning is don't mix one and two plane fundementals but you gotta go with your strengths. I'm shorter thicker build short levers so going with the feel of a hard punch at impact and allowing my left side to guide the plane. Just also slightly steepend my posture a tad not back to Jim Hardy style.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

I'm just coming off a long medical lay off from golf. I decided to redo my swing when returning to golf. It's risky for me because I was a decent golfer high 70's low 80's but I'm getting older. Anyway I was a swinger for decades.

So my swing now is right hand/arm centered. I can say my accuracy and distance has increased I' m knocking down the 100/150 yard markers on the range..

The problem with the swinger swing is the transition for the vast majority. The so called hitter doesn't have that problem.. Another is the timing.involved. these things among other get out of wack and have to be dealt with often.

The right hand//arm is key none of this timing to deal with, on the take away right hand doesn't cock it bends back, forearm takes the club back and the right arm simply lifts the club into the correct position.To me this was super simple and worked right from the start...The driver is simpler and FW are rockets..all irons are easier....Well that's all for now..

Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!