IGNORED

Using Hogan Points

LDAV
Note: This thread is 6422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

does anyone use hogan points when they play.

like where you get one point for hitting a fairway and one point for getting a GIR and stuff.

Iguess its really suppose to help just keep you focused and not always thinknig about your score..

I don't do that but I do keep a record of how many girs and putts I have. It really tells you where your game is.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Never heard it called "Hogan Points", but I am in the middle of reading "Every Shot Must Have a Purpose" and they recommend a point system to keep yourself focused on each shot: 1 pt. for each fairway hit 1 pt. for each GIR 1 pt. for par 2 pts. for birdie 1 pt. for each up-and-down (p.41)

whats an up and down ? ive heard it ALOT ?

To get the ball into the hole in two strokes when starting from off the green. For example, if your second shot on a par-4 is just short of the green. If you make par, you've made an up-and-down. "Up" = first stroke was up onto the green; "Down" = the second stroke was down into the cup. A "sand save" is an up-and-down from a greenside bunker.

I keep track of:

• +/-
  • fairways
  • greens
  • putts

And then I even take some general notes about mistakes I made or areas of the greens or fairways to aim for or avoid in the future (course specific).

By the time I'm done w/ a round, my card looks like Einstein's chalkboard.
Current bag:
Driver: TaylorMade 9.5* R-510
3-wood: TaylorMade 15* r7 TP
Hybrid: Nickent 3DX Ironwood
Irons: Hogan FTXWedges: 52* Hogan Riviera | 56* Cleveland TA 588 | 60* Hogan CarnoustiePutter: Cameron Detour 2Ball:NXT

Note: This thread is 6422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!