IGNORED

Top Flite Gamer V2=Major bag of suck

Note: This thread is 3168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I absolutely have given up on top flite. There was so much hype regarding the gamers, most saying that the balls spin a lot. They do not. I played a whole round at a par 3 course, where I was hitting pitching and sand wedges into the greens, and i would land the ball a couple feet past the hole, and the ball would release to the back of the green, and roll off. Half swing wedges had absolutely no check, even when hit cleanly. My conclusion: Top Flite sucks. Your thoughts?

In the bag:
Driver: 907 D2/Proforce V2 R-flex
Hybrid: Burner '07 3 Hybrid/Re-Ax Shaft/19* (4* draw bias)
Irons: AP1 4-7i
AP2 8-PWedges: Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52.06/56.11) VR Forged Chrome 60.06Putter: Ignite 001 Ball: Pro V1/ One Tour/

Maybe for you, but I didn't get any check or anything. I thought I might get even a big of spin, but I was nowhere near spin.

In the bag:
AP2 8-PWedges: Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52.06/56.11) VR Forged Chrome 60.06Putter: Ignite 001 Ball: Pro V1/ One Tour/

Your thoughts?

Haven't played them myself, but I would think your handicap is more of a problem than the ball.

It is a mid spinning ball, but should have enough to stop the ball.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haven't played them myself, but I would think your handicap is more of a problem than the ball.

That. And the fact that no one ever said the Gamer would spin like a top. It's a $20 golf ball. As far as spin goes, you get what you pay for with golf balls, plain and simple.

FWIW I spin them just fine.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I absolutely have given up on top flite. There was so much hype regarding the gamers, most saying that the balls spin a lot. They do not. I played a whole round at a par 3 course, where I was hitting pitching and sand wedges into the greens, and i would land the ball a couple feet past the hole, and the ball would release to the back of the green, and roll off. Half swing wedges had absolutely no check, even when hit cleanly. My conclusion: Top Flite sucks. Your thoughts?

The Gamer V1 was a POS - but that's because the covers fell off. They spin like freaking crazy - almost too much actually.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

+1.

I can hit a top flight XL and it won't roll off the back.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I was spinning them just fine yesterday...sticking everything. A pro-v it is not but it will stop if you hit it correctly.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

As others have said....and it is not a knock on you.....but you are a 16HC. Most 16's understand what it takes to spin a ball.....but they can't do it. I'm a 10 and I'm slowly being able to get the ball to check when I want....but spin back?? Nope....not yet....but someday. Hitting a different ball isn't going to al of the sudden make you spin a ball back. It's like saying, "I won't play this ball because I slice it all of the time" I don't care what ball somebody uses....swing wrong and the ball will slice! Swing wrong and the ball will not spin back or check......

What's in my bag:
Superquad Driver
19* and 22* Rescue Hybrids
4-PW MP 57 Irons
CG14 52* Gap Wedge CG12 56* SW CG12 60* Lob Wedge CO3-hI push them around with my Linksmen X-7 cart.

I found the V1 to spin quite a bit...much more then any other budget balls and as much or more then the TM Reds that I had been playing at the time.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Thanks for all the input guys, and I do understand that I am a 16. Or a 15. I'm still trying to build my HC through the NCGA, so it's approximate. I'm able to make the ball check 80% of the time with NXT tour/Pro V1, maybe it was the greens I was playing on.

In the bag:

Im a higher handicap yet and i use cheap balls and can get them to spin, sometimes. All balls are designed to spin, if they didnt they wouldnt go anywhere. Ive played some used maxfli balls ive gotten off ebay and got decent spin out of them, for about a quarter a ball. Your swing is what generates spin, not the ball. If you dont hit the ball solidly with your irons, youre not going to generate any spin, this i know from experience. You'll hit those low line drives that hit the green and bounce and roll off and over. I play at a local par 3 course myself quite a bit and there are some tricky shots because some of the holes are so short that its only a partial shot. One of the holes is only 74 yards in fact and the longest is 150so its easy to try to hit a partial shot and hit it slightly off the heel or toe and knock it over the green.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I played a couple V2's and found them to stop pretty well. The ball feels dead to me overall. They are my shorter with my driver compared to a ProV or a Top Flite XL.

I like 'em. I recently played one that I found on the course and liked it so much I went out and bought a dozen. I get good distance and low spin off the driver and fairway woods and really good control and spin off the short irons and wedges. Plus, it has good feel off the putter. No complaints. As an example, yesterday I hit one about 140 with my 8 iron and when I got to the green the ball mark was less than a foot from the ball. Granted, the greens were pretty soft yesterday afternoon because we've had a lot of rain the past couple of days but they were only a little softer than normal. Although I'm a 15 HC, spinning the ball is not a problem for me. I can tell the difference between a Gamer V2 and, let's say, an XL 5000 or some other 2 piece distance ball. The V2 might not spin back as good as a Pro V but it gets the job done. I played one Thursday when the greens were very fast and still didn't have any trouble getting it to stop. All in all, it's the best budget ball I've ever played.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

Try a different ball. Maybe the Gamers don't fly high enough with your swing. Don't ask me how to pick one that works best for you. They are all a little different. I would definitely recommend a ball with a urethane cover though.

Note: This thread is 3168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!