IGNORED

Top Flite Gamer V2=Major bag of suck

Note: This thread is 3189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You want spin? start using the ProV1x, You'll never look back

start buying them for me and ill make the switch now ;) ... but as long those things are pressing the half 100$ mark for 12 pieces of rubber and plastic... ill pass.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

At the start of this season I was putting a few balls in the woods, so I started trying some of the "cheaper" balls. I started with the Callaway Diablo and the Top Flite Gamer V2. The Callaway was straight, but would roll and roll and roll. I would almost have to land short of the green to keep in on the green. Then I tried the Gamer. It stops well in comparison to other budget balls. All shots either spin back or are within a few feet on the ball mark. Very good for $19. Now that I'm controlling the ball better, I have switched back to my normal ball the Callaway HX Tour i(s).

Driver - Speedline Fast 10: 10.5 Matrix HD Stiff
Woods - Big Bertha 5 wood
R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW
Wedges - X Forged 50, 54, 58 Vokey Spin Milled 64Ball - Tour i Gamer V2

Good ball the Gamer for the money. I would now play the ProV1 but can't shell out the $$$ for a dozen at this time. I liked the Gamer V1 alot, felt better than the V2, but the V2 is longer in my estimation.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

I hope Forest is wrong about the Gamer. That's my replacement ball I'll start using in a few weeks.

I'm down to my last eight sleeves of the RDS Tour, a solid 3-piece ball which Slazenger decided to quit making.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't care what ball somebody uses....swing wrong and the ball will slice! Swing wrong and the ball will not spin back or check......

+1

this is more what the problem is.
+1.

why are you agreeing with this guy saying his hcp is the problem. your hcp is 3 strokes better than his and im guessing your scoring averages arent too far off just because the difference between my hcp and a 4.9 is so small im assuming its the same for a 13.1 and a 16.0. thats like a 10 hcp telling you that you cant play players irons because your handicap is the problem. instead of attacking this guys hcp if your so much better why dont you try to help fix his problem with constructive criticism instead of just cutting him down when you two really arent that different, you would be put in the same flight as him in almost any handicapped tournament.

to the op: try attacking the ball by swinging down on it more and taking less dirt. think of it as if your pinching the ball between the ground and the club. it has been said that you can measure a players handicap by the distance after the ball the deepest part of the divot is. think about continuing the downswing and pinching the ball you should almost be dropping the club directly on the back of the ball then folling through and taking a divot, if you hit the ball first on the downswing while the club head is accelerating the ball will stop no matter how hard the cover is.

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

Thanks guys. The gamers aren't that bad, just not my ball. So enjoy your replacement balls. And thanks for the tip cody.

In the bag:
Driver: 907 D2/Proforce V2 R-flex
Hybrid: Burner '07 3 Hybrid/Re-Ax Shaft/19* (4* draw bias)
Irons: AP1 4-7i
AP2 8-PWedges: Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52.06/56.11) VR Forged Chrome 60.06Putter: Ignite 001 Ball: Pro V1/ One Tour/

Thanks guys. The gamers aren't that bad, just not my ball. So enjoy your replacement balls. And thanks for the tip cody.

no problem

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

it has been said that you can measure a players handicap by the distance after the ball the deepest part of the divot is.

Then Tom Watson must be a 15 handicap! LOL!

There have been quite a few "nippers" of the ball on tour that were great players. Watson, Byron Nelson..................................

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

• 2 years later...

It all depends on how you strike the ball.  I'm a former 8 handicap who hasn't yet found my game after 10 years off, but I can hit a wedge with spin.  The Gamer V2 is an amazing product for the price.  The last ball test from one of the golf mags showed the Pro V1 at about 12,000 RPM with a wedge and the Gamer V2 at 10,500 RPM.  If you can't make it spin it's likely your swing rather than the ball.

I use the gamer, it probably isn't the greatest ball in the world, but for me it is by far the greatest 20$ ball in the world. It beats the hell out of the NXT Tour, which is also 10-15$ more expensive. Comparing it to a tour ball isn't fair; if you slapped a urethane cover on it it would obviously spin more. But it works great off the irons, good with the driver, and works solidly around the greens.

I can hit a shot with spin, hit it high, or predict the rollout around the green. Honestly I never had a problem stopping it unless I made poor contact or landed it on a downslope. I will probably upgrade to something like the B330 when money allows, but I feel I could shoot good scores with the gamer if everything goes right. I never felt the ball was holding me back.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

I absolutely have given up on top flite. There was so much hype regarding the gamers, most saying that the balls spin a lot. They do not. I played a whole round at a par 3 course, where I was hitting pitching and sand wedges into the greens, and i would land the ball a couple feet past the hole, and the ball would release to the back of the green, and roll off. Half swing wedges had absolutely no check, even when hit cleanly. My conclusion: Top Flite sucks. Your thoughts?

This would have more to do with the greens than the ball. I played at a course last week where I had to land all of my approach shots short of the green otherwise they were rolling off the back.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

The original Top Flite Gamer was the highest spinning less than 25 dollar golf ball when it came out. It actually spun as much as an NXT-Tour (old version)

The V2 gamer lost about 1700-2000 rpm in spin. Not sure how much that equates to checking up or backing up a golf ball. From my standard, from a premium ball to a Top Flite Gamer, if i spun one back it was probably 1/4th the distance comparison.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by Shorty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest

I absolutely have given up on top flite. There was so much hype regarding the gamers, most saying that the balls spin a lot. They do not. I played a whole round at a par 3 course, where I was hitting pitching and sand wedges into the greens, and i would land the ball a couple feet past the hole, and the ball would release to the back of the green, and roll off. Half swing wedges had absolutely no check, even when hit cleanly. My conclusion: Top Flite sucks. Your thoughts?

This would have more to do with the greens than the ball.

I played at a course last week where I had to land all of my approach shots short of the green otherwise they were rolling off the back.

Where is this cow pasture (that's what people call my course when it hardens up and we have to play that type of shot)?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Where is this cow pasture (that's what people call my course when it hardens up and we have to play that type of shot)?

I believe "goat track" is the correct term.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

i'm still VERY wet behind the ears when it comes to the game of golf (been playing for around 14 months now), but wouldn't the Gamer fall into a the category of good "value ball"?  when i think of the gamer, i think of a ball that is better than the walmart "wilson mesh bag-o-balls".  i simply cannot justify spending ProV1 money on something that i'm likely to send into the lake.

i had some ProV1s gifted to me back when i first started golfing.  while new to the sport, i knew enough to realize that these were expensive balls.  i promptly sent a half dozen into the lake/forest/never-never land.  i decided that i would stop wasting balls, and pulled out a range ball that i had from my last practice trip.  funny thing happened...i was no longer stressed out about losing an expensive ball because i was playing with a crappy, scuffed up range ball...

...and i played the final 10 holes with that one ball!!

i am looking for a budget ball that will outperform the "wilson mesh bag-o-balls" but that also wont make my anus tighten up everytime i get ready to tee off for fear of losing a ball that costs as much as a decent lunch

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

Originally Posted by indykappa

i'm still VERY wet behind the ears when it comes to the game of golf (been playing for around 14 months now), but wouldn't the Gamer fall into a the category of good "value ball"?  when i think of the gamer, i think of a ball that is better than the walmart "wilson mesh bag-o-balls".  i simply cannot justify spending ProV1 money on something that i'm likely to send into the lake.

i had some ProV1s gifted to me back when i first started golfing.  while new to the sport, i knew enough to realize that these were expensive balls.  i promptly sent a half dozen into the lake/forest/never-never land.  i decided that i would stop wasting balls, and pulled out a range ball that i had from my last practice trip.  funny thing happened...i was no longer stressed out about losing an expensive ball because i was playing with a crappy, scuffed up range ball...

...and i played the final 10 holes with that one ball!!

i am looking for a budget ball that will outperform the "wilson mesh bag-o-balls" but that also wont make my anus tighten up everytime i get ready to tee off for fear of losing a ball that costs as much as a decent lunch

Based on your description, I suspect the Gamer is too good for you. It's probably a couple levels above stolen range balls and worn out water balls.

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

duly noted sean!  LOL

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

Note: This thread is 3189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!