IGNORED

Got my DG X100's.... X100's Vs Project X 7.0

Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So yesterday my golf coach took out my S300's and put the X100's in them. (he has a spair set of the X100's)
Im loving these shafts so far! Much flatter more penatrating ball flight!

He said he also wants me to thy Project X 7.0 (I think they are called) He has a set of these in his clubs and im going to give them ago.

So whats the big difference in them? I know the 7.0 Play stiffer in the X100's. But will this send it out even lower? Are they heavier? BTW if it helps my 6iron Swing speed in 118MPH.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

So yesterday my golf coach took out my S300's and put the X100's in them. (he has a spair set of the X100's)

The 7.0's are going to be way more stiff than the x100. X100 are just a little more stiff than the 6.0's.

Both the X100's and 7.0's weigh 130 grams.

WOW 118. I can swing 112 with my six but i feel like my back will last 3 holes if i do and can hardly control a damn thing. So you hit it roughly 195-200 yards? What is your GIR Percentage would you say with that swing speed? What would it be if you were playing more than the 100 yard approach shots you probably are after swinging a driver with what must be a 128-130 mph swong?

WOW 118. I can swing 112 with my six but i feel like my back will last 3 holes if i do and can hardly control a damn thing. So you hit it roughly 195-200 yards? What is your GIR Percentage would you say with that swing speed? What would it be if you were playing more than the 100 yard approach shots you probably are after swinging a driver with what must be a 128-130 mph swong?

Im a gym junkie :P But everything I do in the gym has somthing to do with golf.

I max out my driver club head speed at 128, but I would never try and swing it that hard on the course. Im not sure what my updated GIR is, I have not cheaked with my coach in a while, but last time i was shown my stats, I think I was around, 41%. Thankfully, my putting is the best part of my game or I would be in a fair bit of trouble.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I live @ the gym, and have been playing all my life but I just cant put that much speed on the club and have consistency. Guess that's why I never went pro! Kudos to you!

my questyion, which is completely off topic.... how did you get a whiteboard into a hybrid? its not a Thump?

and the 6.0-6.5 is what x 100 are, but hell, at that speed 7.0 are prolly your cup of tee, or be hardcore like alvaro quiros and get 8.0!

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

...my 6iron Swing speed in 118MPH.

Sweet mother of pearl! 118!? That's pretty insane! My 6-iron swing speed averaged 102. I can't even imagine an additional 16mph. Yikes!

As for the PX 7.0. I had a custom 7-iron built for me with a 7.0 in it. It felt great, but to be honest, I thought it was a tad too stiff for my liking. This might be right down your ally though with those kind of speeds. When comparing the X100 to the 7.0, I think the 7.0 would be a much better choice for you at your current speeds. Swing the 7.0 for a day and then go back to the X100's...they'll feel like a buggy whip. LOL

Irons - nike.gif Forged Blades / Project X 7.0

Driver - nike.gif VR Pro Ltd. Edition 8.5° / FUBUKI Alpha 70x

Wood - nike.gif SQ 3+ 13° / Stock Diamana S-Flex
Wedges - cleveland.gif Tour Action Gunmetal Reg 588 54° & 60° / DG S400
Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Bag - nike.gif SQ Tour Carry

Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!