IGNORED

PLaying Today (Weird Sighting)

Undr Par
Note: This thread is 5024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played a Course down in Maryland today (Westminster National) and made the turn and on #10 went up to our 2nd shots and while going seen a Naked Dude in his back yard doing yard work and standing there....I couldn't believe what I had seen...my buddy hollered over to him and he basically laughed and just stood there....

what are some of the weirdest things you have seen?

This happened about 3 months ago.

With my course being a resort we get all sorts of visitors, as we were sat in the club house having a beer a large helicopter (from a world wide bank that I wont mention) decided to land in the coach park and spray the poor 4 ball that was on the 12th green with dust, and I mean a massive dust cloud that made them and the green vanish for about 5 mins. I would not have been happy but it was weird to see and kinda funny.

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I played a Course down in Maryland today (Westminster National) and made the turn and on #10 went up to our 2nd shots and while going seen a Naked Dude in his back yard doing yard work and standing there.....

i hope he had a regular and not a stiff "shaft"...

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

This happened about 3 months ago.

Not sure whether I'd rather get covered in dust for 5 minutes or stumble across what the OP did - tough call.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Not sure whether I'd rather get covered in dust for 5 minutes or stumble across what the OP did - tough call.

Think I would rather stumble accross the naked guy, at least you could choose not to look.

Those poor sods were getting dusted no matter what they did LOL

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

This is not as startling as your story, but once watched a guy throw his entire golf bag into a pond after a really crappy round. As he was walking back to his car he realized that his wallet and car keys were in the bag! I never laughed so hard in my life watching this guy bob up and down in the pond trying to haul is bag out. True Story!!
The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

Most surreal moment was watching an ambulance drive down the adjacent fairway. A fellow had collapsed with heart trouble.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i was with a kid in a county amature tournament and on one of the holes on the back 9 he hits his shot and it lands about a foot from the pin. takes on hop and spins back off the green. the kid then turned and threw his entire bag into the pond with all his clubs, cell phone, wallet, and everything. he also hit his scotty cameron on his head so hard it bent the saft

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

i was with a kid in a county amature tournament and on one of the holes on the back 9 he hits his shot and it lands about a foot from the pin. takes on hop and spins back off the green. the kid then turned and threw his entire bag into the pond with all his clubs, cell phone, wallet, and everything. he also hit his scotty cameron on his head so hard it bent the saft

That sounds familiar! Lol!

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

That sounds familiar! Lol!

ya that post reminded me of it. i used to give the kid such a hard time about it because he ended up with a par that hole but he missed his birdie putt from just off the fringe and bent his putter on his head

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

In a tournament I played in a few years ago, they had some groups start on the back. While waiting for my group to tee off, I watched some groups tee off on 10. It was a par 5 with OB on the right. One guy stepped up, took a big swing and sliced it OB. He teed up again, slice OB. Now laying 5 on the tee, he switches to an iron, pushes it OB. After that, he got a little frustrated. No lie, he goes back to his bag and gets about 7 or 8 golf balls, drops them in a line on the tee, and just starts rapid fire hitting them OB. When he was done, he calmly picked up his bag and walked to the parking lot...not saying a word or looking at anyone.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

In a tournament I played in a few years ago, they had some groups start on the back. While waiting for my group to tee off, I watched some groups tee off on 10. It was a par 5 with OB on the right. One guy stepped up, took a big swing and sliced it OB. He teed up again, slice OB. Now laying 5 on the tee, he switches to an iron, pushes it OB. After that, he got a little frustrated. No lie, he goes back to his bag and gets about 7 or 8 golf balls, drops them in a line on the tee, and just starts rapid fire hitting them OB. When he was done, he calmly picked up his bag and walked to the parking lot...not saying a word or looking at anyone.

hahahahhahah i litterally laughed so hard at this. thats so weird, i would love to see it

i hope he had a regular and not a stiff "shaft"...

lol, or senior flex

ladies flex....

ok i won't go there.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Most surreal moment was watching an ambulance drive down the adjacent fairway. A fellow had collapsed with heart trouble.

I've heard that more people die playing golf than anyother sport of game in the world. Mostly due to old out of shape guys having heart attacks, but heat stroke and dehydration claims a few as well.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

I've heard that more people die playing golf than anyother sport of game in the world. Mostly due to old out of shape guys having heart attacks, but heat stroke and dehydration claims a few as well.

My Grandfather died on a golf course of a heart attack. He probably preferred it that way.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

On the practice chipping/pitching green today there was this old guy pitching shots from 10 yards off the green. He was taking full swings at the pitches and he was pretty horrific. The only reason they didn't fly the green is because his back swing literally took 4-5 seconds to get to the top. I felt bad because I kept stopping to look at his shot to make sure he didn't shank one and kill me.

Speaking of almost being killed, about a month ago my father duck hooked a shot that came head high 6 inches to the right of my head about 50 yards up along the left rough where there's a little valley that I was standing in about to play my shot. My heart hasn't pounded that hard in a long time and I almost quit golf right there on the spot. I've learned my lesson and I'm no longer going to go ahead to my ball while someone is behind me still. Even if I can see the person hitting the shot, it's too risky!

Can you imagine being killed by your own father doing the thing you two love to do most together? :(

edit: now that I think about it, I really have no reason to complain about bad fortune in golf ever again. or bad fortune with anything for that matter. it was sooooo close

Best 9 holes: 35 (Trilogy at Redmond Ridge, 3163y, Par 35/70, 70.0/131)
Best 18: [b]77[b] (Palm Valley CC, 6545y, 71.4/126)
Notable career achievement: I have NEVER four-putt.

Note: This thread is 5024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!