IGNORED

Tiger's Back

saevel25
Note: This thread is 5026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Now you're just talking gibberish.

Not really. He's saying that if a 31 on 9 holes is considered "back" then at the other end of the spectrum is missing one cut and being considered on the downside of your career. Neither of the two make any sense. If he finishes under par, I'd say he's somewhat back. But who knows. He played fantastic at Augusta and played terrible after that. Majors are a whole different story, especially to Tiger and Phil.

Best 9 holes: 35 (Trilogy at Redmond Ridge, 3163y, Par 35/70, 70.0/131)
Best 18: [b]77[b] (Palm Valley CC, 6545y, 71.4/126)
Notable career achievement: I have NEVER four-putt.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. He's saying that if a 31 on 9 holes is considered "back" then at the other end of the spectrum is missing one cut and being considered on the downside of your career. Neither of the two make any sense. If he finishes under par, I'd say he's somewhat back. But who knows. He played fantastic at Augusta and played terrible after that. Majors are a whole different story, especially to Tiger and Phil.

The specific portion of his post I was commenting on was this: "He put together some good shots for 9 holes. We've all done that "wink". No, we haven't all shot 31 on 9 holes. His rebuttal had nothing to do with my comment.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

The specific portion of his post I was commenting on was this:

Misguided, you are.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

Grammatically, "that" can refer to "putting together some good shots for 9 holes."

Come on, Rugger was clearly just saying that 9 good holes does not necessarily indicate a long-term trend. I mean Rugger even winked after he said that...

(And sean_miller just said something a little off topic akin to "Tiger Woods is better at golf than you." )

Grammatically, "that" can refer to "putting together some good shots for 9 holes."

Actually I was calling bullshit. Dude has no idea what he's talking about if he thinks a 31 on the back nine at Pebble, the way it was set up today, was routine. Hell, I think Tiger is as much of a narcissistic douchebag as anyone does, but unfortunately that SOB is back.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

When Tiger was 24, he played like Dustin Johnson is playing now, nothing held back. When Tiger became more conservative and consistent in his game, he also lost some distance between himself and the rest of the field. That meant that even a hot journeyman could beat him. The shot Woods hit on 18 today was like the one Rich Beem used to beat him at the PGA a while back. Winning a major is like skiing the Downhill. If you don't let it all hang out, you may be standing at the finish, but you are less likely to be the winner.

Mickelson shot 31 on the front yesterday.

So Woods' 31 doesn't undoubtedly elevate him above Els, Mickelson, etc. and let you say "Tiger's back" (although I do get that feeling).

Well apparently Phil jacked his ball into the seaweed alcove along the fairway on 18, so apprently phil didn't step up.

I am saying, the fire tiger showed, the brazen attitude towards the way he played, that brought back memories when he was lighting up the tour.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Actually I was calling bullshit. Dude has no idea what he's talking about if he thinks a 31 on the back nine at Pebble, the way it was set up today, was routine. Hell, I think Tiger is as much of a narcissistic douchebag as anyone does, but unfortunately that SOB is back.

You're really good at reading words that were never written. Your reading comprehension sucks and I hope for your sake that English is not your first language.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

Hopefully he can bring a little consistency to his game and string together two good days. I also wonder what he thinks about the greens now.

In my x86 stand bag-

DRIVER- Tour Burner 9.5* STIFF
3 & 5 WOOD- 980F PT 15* 19*
3-PW IRONS- 690 CB FORGED G-S-L WEDGE- CG 10 Black Pearl 52* 56* 60*BALL- ProV1 and ProV1x

He finally made some putts today. That's the difference in his previous rounds. His putting has been terrible leading up to today.

+100000000000000000000

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

Hey guys, Davis Love III shot 30 on the front yesterday - does that mean he´s "back"? It´s intresting to see how Tiger gets hyped up over 9 holes he played.
As others mentioned - we all had our 9hole hotstreaks - you guys also remember when you got out the next day trying to repeat?
IMO a 74 is more likely than another 66 - aint that right Phil? But we will see in a couple of hours

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Hey guys, Davis Love III shot 30 on the front yesterday - does that mean he´s "back"? It´s intresting to see how Tiger gets hyped up over 9 holes he played.

Good reasoning. But not one the Tiger faithful will swallow.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Tiger was back at the first tournament, with a 4th place at The Masters. He's had some downtime since, but there is no doubt he is a contender in any tournament.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

DLIII is back!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

You're really good at reading words that were never written. Your reading comprehension sucks and I hope for your sake that English is not your first language.

I think he is back. I didn't predict he'll win today.

I'm picking up some anger in your post, where none is warranted, but maybe that's just my lack of reading comprehension.

Comparing Davis Love III to Tiger at this point in their careers? Desperate. It wasn't just the fact that he posted a good score, all facets of his game looked fluid from the 4th hole onwards, and like he said post round, he pieced together that round brilliantly. Yes, his putting was much better, but I'd argue that his driving was most improved; he hit something like 6 out of 27 fairways in the previous tournament, and no amount of good putting can save you from that.

You were the guy who said that Woods didn't have a round in him to get into contention. Sure you we've all had 9 hole hotstreaks and going out to the next day to repeat is hard. But we're not playing in the US Open and are the best player in the world. Yes one round doesn't mean "he's back", but it does show us quite a bit.

Note: This thread is 5026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!