IGNORED

How many wraps of tape = midsize grip?

Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use golf pride tour velvet midsize grips now. I am going to order a new club. They do not offer a midsize grip. They have options up to +7 wraps of tape. If the width is not perfect to a midsize grip, that's ok. I just want to be in the range of a midsize grip.

Thanks guys,

Zack

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

I feel like 3 wraps equals midsize. Makes it real fun to get the grip on though =)

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Zack, You might want to check a different store. I just had some midsize tour velvets installed on my wedges over the weekend.
It was done at Golfsmith if that helps.

Driver -G10 10 1/2*
F/W - G10 3
Hybrid - G10 21*
Irons - G10 4-U
Wedges -: 54* 60*putter - anser 2 BeCu

Thanks for the replies. Here's a little more detail. I am ordering a club from callaways site. They offer different grips that you can get put on the club. They offer the golf pride multi compound which I want. You can only get it in the standard size and then add wraps to your liking. There is no extra charge for this grip. That is why I want to get it from their site. If I had to pay extra for this grip I would just buy a midsize one and get it installed somewhere else.

Hope this adds a little more info to my situation.

Thanks,

Zack

X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

I've heard 4
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge 10*
Woods: Mizuno F-60 (15*, 18*); Hybrids: Callaway FT-iZ 21*, Callaway X 24*
Irons: Mizuno MX 25 (5I - GW)
Wedges: Mizuno MP T Chrome (56/10), MP T-10 Black Satin (60/8)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #9

Have 'em put seven wraps on just to mess with the guy that has to install the grip.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

For what it's worth...I double wrap my standard grips so they are a tad larger than standard. Perfect fit for me, however, it sounds like you play over-oversized

My .02

Irons - nike.gif Forged Blades / Project X 7.0

Driver - nike.gif VR Pro Ltd. Edition 8.5° / FUBUKI Alpha 70x

Wood - nike.gif SQ 3+ 13° / Stock Diamana S-Flex
Wedges - cleveland.gif Tour Action Gunmetal Reg 588 54° & 60° / DG S400
Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Bag - nike.gif SQ Tour Carry

Have 'em put seven wraps on just to mess with the guy that has to install the grip.

Ha ha ha!

Well I've gotten 2,3,4 as an answer. I think I will go with three. I just like the grips to be bigger than standard. If it's to big or small I can just take it in and get it redone. Thanks for the replies guys!! Zack

X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

I dont use tape. Ever. At all on any club. No need. Ever. At all. On any club. Midsize or not.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I dont use tape. Ever. At all on any club. No need. Ever. At all. On any club. Midsize or not.

Why?

And for the OP: I've heard 4 or 5. I have 3 under my standard grips and they are just a shade smaller than midsize.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

3 wraps is midsized. Local pro told me so and showed me how they compared. I had my dad's clubs regripped to midsize with standard size grips.

3 wraps is midsized. Local pro told me so and showed me how they compared. I had my dad's clubs regripped to midsize with standard size grips.

Thanks tws1098.

I ended up just doing two wraps. Midsize might be a smidge to big, so I am looking forward to how two wraps will feel!

X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

Thanks tws1098.

No problem, it was recommended that I go with 2 wraps, so that will be what I go with when mine need changed. Good luck.

midsize is normally 4 wraps. i like my grips to be midsize at the butt end, so i normally do 4rows in my top hand and 3 rows in the bottom hand. i find it gives a similar taper to the normal midsize grips.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

Why?

Why dont I use tape? You dont need it. Ever. On any club. Ever. Really. Ive regripped my clubs with no tape and taken them to the range 20 minutes later and theyve never moved or anything. And I HATE that little ridge you get on the bottom if you dont do the tapejob cleanly.

When it comes time to regrip the tape just makes it more of a PITA.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!