IGNORED

I love my Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder!

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, just an update. I have just come back from several multi-year layoffs. Kids are starting HS and the sports schedules move to a M-F leaving my weekends free. I have been working on the swing (formerly a 5 before the current equipment revolution, now playing to a 7.6) and decided to get a few lessons to help me find former glory.

Father's day rolls around and Bam, V2 comes into my life. I start by playing some courses that I haven't seen in quite a few years (especially with 3 hurricanes coming through a few years ago). I use the laser off the tee to find landing areas, carries, to water, to bunkers, to whatever. From the fairway I get the pin, the front, bunkers, etc.

Yesterday I played a new course from the tips and even with a few wayward tee shots, I was able to scrape it to shoot 80 (72.3/137). The difference was a couple of great irons (lessons paying off) and some precise distances. Being able to know that the pin was 147 and to carry the front bunker was 132 really gave me confidence to hit a shot below the hole knowing that there was some margin for error. Conversely, I was better off on some holes to hit pin high. These calculations are faster than walking them off and are to the actual pin, not the middle.

The real point is that it has given me information that used to take years to collect. I was at my old course and ended up donating my yardage book to the course with all my notes as it really is a relic (don't worry, I am getting it back). The pro is going to reproduce it and frame it as only a few were made. The value is mostly nostalgic because they have redone greens, moved bunkers, lost trees, etc. It shows the course in its original layout, with all the markings that we relied on to get us the knowledge that we can now get from gps and rangefinders.

Anyway, I have seen the light, I mean laser!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

If you can wait;or maybe already available; I heard soon you can get gps on your cell phone . anyone else heard of this? just type in the course and use your phone for yardages!

If you can wait;or maybe already available; I heard soon you can get gps on your cell phone . anyone else heard of this? just type in the course and use your phone for yardages!

Yes, Golf GPS on certain phones is readily available however to me it was a much inferior option to a rangefinder. I have the Tour V2. It is excellent.

Yes, Golf GPS on certain phones is readily available however to me it was a much inferior option to a rangefinder. I have the Tour V2. It is excellent.

Amen. Limited battery life makes the phone GPS apps undesirable. Unless you keep turning it on and off, it's good for no more than a single round, and even then it better not be a 5 hour round.

I too love my Tour V2. I have a GolfLogix GPS-8 as well and use both, but the V2 is my first choice.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Amen. Limited battery life makes the phone GPS apps undesirable. Unless you keep turning it on and off, it's good for no more than a single round, and even then it better not be a 5 hour round.

I just got my Tour V2 a week ago. I will agree, using the Laser and the GPS is just awesome. I love being able to Laser the flag and get the exact yardage then putting that into the GPS so i know exactly how much room i have between the pin and the edges of the green. It helps to know if you go a little to short/long with a club you'll still hit the green and give yourself a chance.

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

Looking at one of these, too.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

+1

the combo of the GPS and LRF is great. I'm using a upro and a pinseeker with slope. Great info and confidence in shotmaking.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

+1

Just out of curiousity... do you return handicap rounds played with that non-conforming rangefinder?

Rick

Just out of curiousity... do you return handicap rounds played with that non-conforming rangefinder?

That's exactly why I didn't get the slope model. I am just a stickler for following the rules. If they banned the square grooves for amatuers this year, I would be one of the people to switch wedges.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I just ordered the Bushnell Medalist Laser Rangefinder with pinseeker. The reviews on this item are great!

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

Bought one of these about a month ago because they were on sale at golftown. (They never seem to go under $300) After playing about 8 rounds with them, I am completely satisfied with it. I should have bought it years ago at regular price!! To know actual distance to the pin/hazard has probably shaved a couple strokes easily. Plus it saves so much time compared to walking off inaccurate yardages.

Definately get one for sure if anyone is still on the fence on one of these.

Tour Burner 9.5 Aldila NV65R
MP-57 3-PW R300
588 SW 54
588 LW 60

• 7 months later...
I still love it. I found that there is no warning for a low battery as it will just stop working (or maybe I haven't noticed the warning). I try to carry a spare battery in my bag and have found that I can get 8-10 rounds out of it. I would probably get more but most playing partners ask for their yardage too. It's quicker to zap it for them than waiting for them to walk it off.

Have had my GX-1 for about a year and a half and continue to love it.  With a little practice, getting distances is pretty quick and easy.  Also, having exact distances makes me feel confident in knowing what club to hit.  For example, a green with a back pin placement that I "guesstimate"  to be 136 yds. would cause me to pull a 9 iron; if by using my rangefinder I find the hole is actually only 131 yds., then I hit a PW to make sure I stay under the hole.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I still love it. I found that there is no warning for a low battery as it will just stop working (or maybe I haven't noticed the warning). I try to carry a spare battery in my bag and have found that I can get 8-10 rounds out of it. I would probably get more but most playing partners ask for their yardage too. It's quicker to zap it for them than waiting for them to walk it off.

8 -10 rounds?  Which model do you have.  I get a full season and then some with  my V2.  I'm still running on last year's battery, and I played more than 70 rounds last year.

Rick

I think I just put in my 3rd battery since last July so it is probably more like one battery every 4 months which is more like 20 rounds doing the math. I bought my batteries off EBay so that might be a factor and I usually shoot distances for playing partners. I get my money's worth for sure. What brand of battery do you use? I may have to pay more attention to the brand.

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I think I just put in my 3rd battery since last July so it is probably more like one battery every 4 months which is more like 20 rounds doing the math. I bought my batteries off EBay so that might be a factor and I usually shoot distances for playing partners. I get my money's worth for sure. What brand of battery do you use? I may have to pay more attention to the brand.

The  one that's in it right now is a Duracell.  I put it in about this time last year.  Just scoped the back fence... still working great.

Rick

I guess I need to try the Duracell and quit going cheap.

• 1 year later...

I actually have a Bushnell Tour V2 I'm getting ready to sell. I love it alot, I'm just upgrading to a pro model to have a few more luxuries. The V2 is about as simple as they come. Mine has been used for just over a year and with it, along with my new custom fitted sticks, I went from shooting 100+ strokes a round to just 79-82'ish. Total confidence builder at every shot. Huge impact on the game and a total boost that i found necessary to swing a solid stroke each and every shot from tee to green.

If anyone is interested, just let me know. I may be ready to let it go if I know it has a good safe home to look forward to. Oh, and its still got this whole golf year under manufacturers warranty still. Battery life for me, unlike one of the others who posted in this thread, has been AMAZING. Played over 110 rounds and still going with no signs of change. I carry an extra battery that I bought after about 40 rounds and that thing just won't die on me. A totally awesome investment.

Probably give it up for around

210 shipped usps priority mail with a easy payment thru paypal. If your interested at all, just let me know.

I'm really stoked to see that most everyone on this thread loves theres as much as I LOVE mine.

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!