IGNORED

Looking for some help with my new clubs purchase!

Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

New guy here in town that came looking for some help filling out my bag. I haven't had any new clubs for 7 or 8 years and have finally had enough and am ready to get some nice sticks. I am currently a very inconsistent player and have some work to do....

As for irons, I think I have decided on the Ping G15 clubs. I am also considering the Callaway X24 Hot Irons but it seems like the G15s will suit my unpredictable game better. I really like the look and feel of the X24 set, but it seems like these G15 are going to give me the most help with my inconsistent swing and are a smarter buy.

I hit the TM 09 Burner Driver that a friend of mine had and immediately decided to get that. I am struggling with what to do as far as fairway woods and hybrids go. I don't feel it is really necessary to get several fairway woods in my bag. What would be the ideal combination of woods and hybrids be? I am thinking of getting a 4 wood and then also a hybrid in the 22* range. I haven't hit any woods or hybrids, but since I like the TM driver and the TM name has a good rep for woods and hybrids, I am going with TM here too. Any thoughts on the Ping G15 woods series as compared with TM? I would really appreciate some advice on what woods and hybrids I should get in my bag.

I appreciate all of the helpful advice on this forum and look forward to hearing back on what to do!

Im contemplating a either a set of G5, G10, or G15s. All seem to be great clubs based on feedback!

PING K15 Driver
Tour Edge 4 Wood
PING K15 7 Wood
PING i15 Hybrid
PING Zing-2 Irons

i'll go ahead and be the one to say it...demo a bunch of stuff. When it comes to woods and hybrids, it will all come down to how you hit them on the course/on the launch monitor. Irons can be a little different as they have bigger distinctions between them, and from what I hear about the g15s I would imagine they will suit you well. I would have considered them myself if I liked the looks of them more and they didn't cost so darn much.

i'll go ahead and be the one to say it...demo a bunch of stuff. When it comes to woods and hybrids, it will all come down to how you hit them on the course/on the launch monitor. Irons can be a little different as they have bigger distinctions between them, and from what I hear about the g15s I would imagine they will suit you well. I would have considered them myself if I liked the looks of them more and they didn't cost so darn much.

I agree with the demo rout as far as TM woods do it they make a fairway wood and hybrid for everyone I'm a mizuno guy but love TM fairways and hybrids, as far as irons if you like the look of ping GI irons go with them there great! personally I don't like the look so I went with the mizuno GI irons the look and feel were unmatched except by the titleist AP2's so really it depends on your taste all of the top companies offer great options.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

I like your idea of a 4 wood and 22* hybrid. Definitely go and try out different woods, on a launch monitor if you can, it's more fun doing it that way anyway.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The 4 wood and hybrid sound good. That's what I would do if I were overhauling my equipment. I doubt you can go wrong with the Pings. From what I've seen on the forums here, others may choose or prefer different clubs, but I've haven't read of anyone having trouble hitting the Pings.

X24 irons: Had an online chat with a Callaway rep last week, and he said the X24 is a blend of the standard X and X-Tour design. So, the G15s might be a little more forgiving. Note that the G15s have medium-high trajectory, so make sure they wouldn't pop up the short irons too high for you on windy days. Again, as Meddle says, that's why you test them out on the launch monitor.

Also, good idea to try out a 4W. Several comparison tests on amateurs show the 4W is easier to hit than the 3W.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the help guys....

I went into my local store yesterday and made my purchases. I tried out a couple hybrids intending to buy a TM rescue, but ended up falling in love with the Callaway FT-iz, this one was a 24*. That may be a bit more loft than I want on the club, but it felt and hit great for me. I haven't seen a lot of buzz about this hybrid on the board, anyone else try it? I may still pick up a rescue since a nice one can be had for under $100.

They didn't have any TM 4 woods, but I was really happy with the TM Superfast 5 wood. It sure felt like the ball took off without much effort in the swing. It has a bigger clubhead so I think it will be easier for me to hit.

Also was fitted for my Ping G15 irons. I was very pleased that I could be fitted to cater the irons to my advantage and am really looking forward to getting this set in my bag.

Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!