Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seanYsean

Pinnacle Exception..anyone play them?

9 posts in this topic

What ball could you compare the PE's too? I hear it is the poor mans Pro V, which I play the V1's and V1x's along with NXT Tour's. Any reviews on the PE's would be appreciated.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I wouldn't call them the poor man's ProV...

I have used them in the past several times after finding them out on the course (a bad golfer at the course must have been using them as I found a bunch), and they are decent. But I thought they didn't have too much feel and were a little harder than I like. However, I have never played a brand new one before, so take that with a grain of salt.

I think it´s a very underrated ball. I have tried more than 20 balls last year and the Pinnacle Exception is up to now one of three balls I use for "every day". Very long and straight of the tee and good/mid spin with wedges. Putting is nice.

I've played the Exception for the past year, during the winter months and when I'm not playing particularly well. If I'm going to lose a ball, I don't mind losing $1 balls, I hate losing $4 balls. It's very long from the tee, decent around the greens. While Z-stars are my favourite premium ball, the Exception is one of the best values available (double dozens for $25Cdn @ GolfTown).

I am curious about this ball cuz my home course has a bargain bucket with brandnew ones that you can buy for 1.50$$

i asked about them when i was there today using the range and the guy said they are ok... but not great balls to use..

I used them a few rounds and it is a lackluster ball.   Doesn't do anything good or bad on contrary to its name.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never tried the Exception but every pinnacle I've ever hit felt like a hard piece of plastic. I much prefer buying a decent recycled ball to the cheap rocks you get new at the same or similar price point. Ball of choice right now is recycled DT solos, bought 60 of them for $40 shipped. Kicks ass on anything pinnacle ever produced.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades