IGNORED

Fairway wood, Mid-Iron Game Stinks

Note: This thread is 5036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey - can anyone provide some tips? I am new on The sand Trap and maybe i can get some good advice here.

I struggle badly with my 3 wood and 4-5-6-7 irons. It seems like I am always slicing these shots and when I try to make an adjustment I end up hitting behind the ball and duffing my shot. This really sucks because I can get off the tee very well and my short game is not too bad, but the long par 3s, par 4s and every par 5 is killing me (although i can get away with a bogey on the par 5s).

When I move the ball up in my stance, I have a bad slice. When I move the ball more towards my back foot I end up hitting behind the ball.

I love you Nicole Aniston

I struggled with a bad slice as well, but I got rid of it from LOTS or video and practice. Once your muscle memory is used to your swing, its HARD to change it overnight. But, It sounds like your dropping your body on your follow through. Causing you to "Duff" or hit behind the ball and your swing could be a "Out to In" swing path, could be numerous things. I fixed my slice but making a stronger grip and slowing down my take away and back swing a ton. I also payed attention to how I was addressing the ball, I was WAY off when I was slicing, body was all jacked up and didn't even know it. Make sure your body is lined up where you want to hit the ball, take your time and swing easy, it will come. Get your swing on video to see where your flaw is.

I struggled with a bad slice as well, but I got rid of it from LOTS or video and practice. Once your muscle memory is used to your swing, its HARD to change it overnight. But, It sounds like your dropping your body on your follow through. Causing you to "Duff" or hit behind the ball and your swing could be a "Out to In" swing path, could be numerous things. I fixed my slice but making a stronger grip and slowing down my take away and back swing a ton. I also payed attention to how I was addressing the ball, I was WAY off when I was slicing, body was all jacked up and didn't even know it. Make sure your body is lined up where you want to hit the ball, take your time and swing easy, it will come. Get your swing on video to see where your flaw is.

This pretty much says it for me too. Paying attention to set up, alignment will pay big dividends, and slowing down the takeaway and even the swing helped me a ton.

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Note: This thread is 5036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!