IGNORED

Other than low scores, what gives you the greatest satisfaction on the course?

acegolfer
Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I get the greatest satisfaction when I hit my mid irons pure. If I'm extremely lucky, I may hit 1 during a round.

My Clubs
Driver - Nike SUMO 13* R flex
Wood - Cobra 5 wood 18* R flex
3-PW hybrids/irons - Mizuno MX-950 R flex
Wedge - Mizuno MX-950 51* Wedge - Cleveland CG14 56* 14*Putter - RifeBall - Taylormade TP LDP RED

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I get a birdie, if I get one I'm happy no matter what I shoot.

If I'm playing bad I might go for the "hero shot" instead of laying up. If I pull it off I'll leave the course happy too.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Two things. One, hitting a driver pure and watching it fly. Second is hitting any iron the exact distance I wanted to. Sometimes it is a knock down wedge or a full 6-iron, I just want them to go the distance I planned for.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

If I get a birdie, if I get one I'm happy no matter what I shoot.

This pretty much sums it up for me ... Oh yeah .. and the occasional "chip in" is always a good one too.

It also helps if I avoid a "big number" all day (You know - the dreaded DB, Snowman - or worse )

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

This is an easy one. The satisfaction I did the best I could do on that day. Sometimes it's an 82, other times 92. But knowing that I didn't lose it mentally on the course and tried my best regardless of bounces and how my swing was on that particular day. For me playing the game is a mental exercise and I get a great deal of satisfaction of grinding it out on each and every shot.

Like someone else mentioned.....pure (and I mean truly pure) irons. I hit maybe one a round. That and a good round around and on the greens. I hate giving short game strokes away.

Driver - 983K 9.5* w/ YS-6 stiff shaft
3-Wood - 980F 15* w/ Titleist 4375 stiff shaft
5-Wood - 980F 18* w/ Titleist 4375 stiff shaft
Irons - X-20's - 4-PW
Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Putter - Black Series i 1 - Ball - B330rx

Making long putts. I'm struggling with my speed on the greens right now, since with the weather being hot every day, the green speeds change dramatically from the time I tee off at 7AM to when I finish around 10AM. In the afternoons, I'm known to knock everything 5 ft past the cup, because the greens are so much faster than I'm used to from usually playing in the mornings.

I've always avoided hitting fw woods because I sucked at it, but I've been working on them lately and there's nothing better then now having the confidence to pull it out of the bag and ripping it down the fairway.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can sum up a good round with any of the following events:

Making a putt of 15ft or more.
Chipping in for birdie.
Not losing a ball.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

For me it's putting. I have always been up and down with my putting game. I've been working really hard this year on my putting and played 18 on Monday and had one of my best putting rounds ever - and on a really difficult course with severly sloped greens. I was just feeling every putt. That one round made me feel like all my putting practice paid off!

A solid round of consistantly making putts.... and/or consistantly hitting fairways with my driver brings me great satisfaction, regardless of score.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

Hitting the shot, you see in your mind. You see it then play it out in your mind, the flight and landing. Then you actually do it. That feeling is worth it all.

Hit'em Long and Strong
Big Tazz

1.) getting on pin-high in two on a par 5
2.) hitting and sticking a green with a 2-iron
3.) stroking a putt that you know immediately is gonna be centre cut
3a.) thinking I aimed a putt too far outside, then it drops in the side door
4.) hitting the middle of the fairway on a tight driving hole - especially when working the ball slightly to do it

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Its either playing a hole like you imagined you would. Like last night when i hit the fairway in the right spot, hit a wedge below the hole, made the putt for birdie. Those three shots were really satisfying. Other than that, making a clutch par putt. That gets me going more than a birdie putt.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Putting the ball on the green from more than 100 yards out thereby giving myself the opportunity to make a birdie or better still, an eagle. I get even happier if I make the aforementioned birdie or eagle.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Ripping long irons with a nice slight draw.

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!