IGNORED

LOVE the new Leupold GX3 rangefinder

Note: This thread is 5031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just picked up one of these Leupold GX3 rangefinders.. and wow what a difference!

We were playing a super twilight after work, so the course wasn't busy. Both me and my playing partner would try to guess the yardages our balls were at, and then check with range finder.. Some times we'd be within 2-3 yards.. usually when we're near an obvious yardage marker. but other times, even when we are right by a marker, we'd be 10-15 yards off (due to position of flag, angle of ball (right of FW etc)..

The confidence it instills, with one less thing -"is this the right club"- to think about, is worth it in my view.

Some would say it slows down the pace. I would argue that if i can take 15 seconds to check my distance.. then hit it on to the green (or near the green).. vs not taking that 15 seconds, and either hitting it short (thus requiring another stroke and all the preshot routine), or hitting it long into the bush and the 5 mins to look for the ball. I'd take the 15 seconds here and there..

One down side.. the other twosome started asking to check yardages too.

That is great...can I ask how pricey was it?

$400 at Golfsmith... marked down from $500.

The Bushnell Tour V2 is $299. That's what I have and it works great. Don't know why anyone would spend the extra $100.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

$400 at Golfsmith... marked down from $500.

If money was no object I'd have looked seriously at the Leupolds. I know it's superficial and perhaps even immature, but they do look cool. My Bushnell rangefinder is orange and from a distance the orange unit and matching orange case look like a cheap point and shoot camera - at least they don't have Barbie or Hello Kitty on them.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

That is great...can I ask how pricey was it?

It was 399.. and yah the V2 is 299..

the Leupold felt far more solid in my hands.. the V2 felt like a toy with plastic(?) casing.. the GX was also significantly smaller..

at least they don't have Barbie or Hello Kitty on them.

:) Thank god.. or my wife would almost certainly get one!

I still find it funny my mom bought a bushnell and she can barely hit it 100 yards

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

It was 399.. and yah the V2 is 299..

I've been using my V2 for 2½ years now and it's still performing perfectly. Just because it's lightweight isn't a reason to reject it. I see that as a plus. And the V2 is not that large... certainly not as big as the 1600 is. I'm still on the battery that I put in at the start of last year. I wouldn't change now for anything, certainly not if I had to pay 1/3 more.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been using my V2 for 2½ years now and it's still performing perfectly. Just because it's lightweight isn't a reason to reject it. I see that as a plus. And the V2 is not that large... certainly not as big as the 1600 is. I'm still on the battery that I put in at the start of last year. I wouldn't change now for anything, certainly not if I had to pay 1/3 more.

Hey Rick.. sorry I didn't mean to 'put down' the V2 at all. it's a nice machine for sure.. I dont think it's 'lighter' either. i just meant the outter casing felt like plasticy.. maybe it was the "4th of July" version they have? american flag colors all over.. a bit tacky haha

but yah.. i mean..it's nice, but i liked the Gx3 better.. and yah it's 1/3 more but i mean.. you can always buy a cheaper car.. or cheaper clubs.. or cheaper house.. etc.. so definitely no right/wrong. just an opinion. :)

Note: This thread is 5031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!