IGNORED

Golf club for two year old

doublesuited77
Note: This thread is 5010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My daughter is turning two soon and want to get her a golf club or two for her birthday. Does anyone have any recs? Should i get her a fisher price type plastic club or cut down an existing one?

Before anyone calls me Earl woods, she is taking a natural liking to golf. She regular swings any clubs i have laying around and can hit the ball more often than not. (and sometimes hits her head with the shaft in the process.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

i'd say find a junior club for a 7 year old and cut it down.
It'll be a little stiff but does it matter?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Plastic only it's a lot safer and easer to swing. Kids love to hit stuff at least mine does so a real club is dangerous. I got my boy his first real club around 4 from golfsmith. Mine in Houston has tons of kids clubs.

Driver - FT-iQ
4 Wood - G10
Irons - MX-200
Wedges - 52,56,60
Putter - Bettinardi Ball - ProV1Bag - HooferMy Course - Magnolia Creek Golf Links

Plastic only it's a lot safer and easer to swing. Kids love to hit stuff at least mine does so a real club is dangerous. I got my boy his first real club around 4 from golfsmith. Mine in Houston has tons of kids clubs.

I agree with all plastic for a 2-year old. Unless you like getting your house smashed up. Our 4-year old can finally swing the irons of the "real" set we got her last summer.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I can't recommend US Kids. As a kid I hated them, they were way to whippy and light for me. I very much preferred the Nike clubs. Get the smallest ones Nike makes and then cut them down.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't recommend US Kids. As a kid I hated them, they were way to whippy and light for me. I very much preferred the Nike clubs. Get the smallest ones Nike makes and then cut them down.

We picked up a little TW set - the irons are too soft though. They're gonna look like sh** when she gets through with them.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

We picked up a little TW set - the irons are too soft though. They're gonna look like sh** when she gets through with them.

You mean the metal of the heads is too soft? Weird, I never had that problem.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You mean the metal of the heads is too soft? Weird, I never had that problem.

Yeah the metal on the heads is too soft. Like it's made of pewter. It's a children's set, so I assumed that's why, but if that's how soft other Nikes are I can see why we read so much about iron covers

When my son was 2, I got him the 7I of this type, for age 2-5: http://www.golfsmith.com/products/LX...ual_Iron/Wedge My father then got him a Walter Hagen set with a driver/9I/putter and a bag in about the same size. These are great, and I highly recommend them. They're not good for indoor play, though, but I wouldn't bother with the plastic stuff. I take my son to the park or to the chipping green and he has a lot of fun. He didn't really start swinging them until he was about 3, and is just now really getting the hang of it, but I wanted to have real equipment around for whenever (if ever) he got ready for them.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I got my son the US Kids UL39 set... he is 2 1/2 years old.

He's only allowed to swing these clubs on the driving range, he has a plastic clubhead/steel shaft one for at home outside, but he's not allowed to swing in the house or it gets taken away for the rest of the day.

He hits them pretty good, I would say he hits the ball 8-9 times out of 10 and on a good hit, can hit the ball about 30 yards...

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Note: This thread is 5010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!