IGNORED

Pet Peeves

AceDunk
Note: This thread is 3920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Also:

How about.

Don't hit the golfballs into their back garden???? They didn't sign up for people to hit shots at their houses.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

How about.

Because I'm sure everyone that has ever hit a golf ball into someone's back yard did it on purpose?

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Because I'm sure everyone that has ever hit a golf ball into someone's back yard did it on purpose?

Please note he's from Ireland. He may not realize just how many, and how close to the course US Golf Course houses are.

Over there they worry over possibly hitting livestock.

Please note he's from Ireland. He may not realize just how many, and how close to the course US Golf Course houses are.

True, I play in NC as well (Fayetteville area Baywood my home course) and I probably hit one in the yard every other time I go play..

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

oh man.

i'm not even responding to that first person to make my ignore list, congrats

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

People who throw their clubs and yell. Its just so immature and ends up bringing down the attitude of the group.

People who search waaaaayyyy entirely too long for a ball they lost in the high grass or in the woods.

reading posts about pet peeves on golf courses. we all do something that annoys others.

I agree but I still have to contribute.....my biggest pet peeve is when I'm on a crowded course that is playing fairly slow and there is no where to go and the group behind you is running up your butt like you are holding up the show....

All good points. However no one mentioned the guy in the group in front of you who is waiting for the green to clear when he needs to carry the ball 250 yards and he hasn't hit a ball that far all day including has tee shot. When he finally does play his shot he tops it.

Driver G10 10.5*
3 Wood G10 15.5*
5 Wood G5
Hybrid G10 21*
Irons 4-P G10Wedges Tour W 54* & 58*Putter G2 CrazeBag Hoofer LiteBall ProV1X

All good points. However no one mentioned the guy in the group in front of you who is waiting for the green to clear when he needs to carry the ball 250 yards and he hasn't hit a ball that far all day including has tee shot. When he finally does play his shot he tops it.

Not a peeve mine - I'm hoping that guy tops it. I may tell him, "good effort", but then I think, "no, that was a very bad effort!".

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Man, I just took up golf but I've been reading so many threads where it seems folks do things specifically designed to provoke a physical confrontation, possibly hurt someone else, or just generally act like high school kids that I am feeling like this was the wrong sport to hope to find relaxation, fun, and commeradie doing!

Too soon to tell but I might have a new obsession.

Not a peeve mine - I'm hoping that guy tops it. I may tell him, "good effort", but then I think, "no, that was a very bad effort!".

I like that you think with an exclamation point-the image is cracking me up!

Man, I just took up golf but I've been reading so many threads where it seems folks do things specifically designed to provoke a physical confrontation, possibly hurt someone else, or just generally act like high school kids that I am feeling like this was the wrong sport to hope to find relaxation, fun, and commeradie doing!

some of us are high school kids lol

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

older women on the golf course....

you know the type, have no idea of golf etiquette, take 15 min on each hole without allowing anyone to play through...

There's not a whole lot that bothers me but I can't stand when people walk or drive a cart behind me when I'm swinging. The other thing is if I'm riding and the person driving constantly pulls up with in 3 feet of my ball and expects me to hit with the cart there.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

better to be safe, how does waiting a minute or so really matter. If someone told me "hurry up and hit, you wont hit them"...Ill politely ask them to go play there ball. Ive given up honors, just so I dont land the green. Get this...Im not worried about hitting someone on the green, Im worried that they'll take my ball. when it happens to you its a round destroyer and its happened to me 3x.

Actually, I very much enjoy that guy. Aren't we all rooting for him to top it?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 3920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!