IGNORED

The Open Championship

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just thought i'd make the thread for the best tournament in golf.

All im gonna say is Tiger wins this, trust me!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just checking out tee times, tournament play is going to be almost over before i even wake up in the morning..lol. If tiger putts and is playing from the fairway, he is normally impossible to beat. But this year he hasn't shown that he is back in form yet. I cant tell you who might contend. The weather in this tournament is such an unknown variable.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I was just checking out tee times, tournament play is going to be almost over before i even wake up in the morning..lol

haa, thats why its better over here, all day golf from Thursday, and when the tournaments are over there its just evening time over here making it easy to watch :)

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I was just checking out tee times, tournament play is going to be almost over before i even wake up in the morning..lol. If tiger putts and is playing from the fairway, he is normally impossible to beat. But this year he hasn't shown that he is back in form yet. I cant tell you who might contend. The weather in this tournament is such an unknown variable.

If my math is correct Tiger tees off at 4ish AM eastern. He's my pick to win.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am super excited about this tournament this year. I don't think Tiger has it together enough to win. His putting has been pretty brutal lately and you need to putt well on these greens. Haven't decided who I think is going to win, but I really don't think Tiger will be able to pull it out.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I think Tiger contends, maybe wins. Like Augusta, he knows how to play St. Andrews, and links golf, and as Watson showed us last year, that counts for something.

And I hope not... but I have an odd feeling Monty might muster up some magic. He didn't fare too bad in 05 here.

Other guys I expect to see on Sunday- Paddy, Luke Donald, Ricky Barnes, YE Yang.

Now that I've named half the field... I'll be rooting like hell for Watson and Phil.

S9-1 10.5 Driver
S9-1 3 Wood
FT Hybrid 18 degree
X-14 Pro Series 3-PW
54.10 and 60.4 wedges Whitehot XG #9 Putter

It's gonna be pretty interesting with how much wind there is supposed to be. I'll pick Paul Casey...just a wild guess.

My favorite tournament of the year to watch!
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

Don't think Tiger will win, a european player is my bet for this Open.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I would love Rory to do it, but I'm not sure he's quite ready for a Major win.I think it's 50-50 whether Tiger makes the cut or not.Either way he doesn't contend for me.I watched him on tuesday and was thinking I could have holed a lot of the putts he missed, and that's not good..

Think we could see another first time Major winner, possibly Ian Poulter.If not him someone from the middle of the pack, another YE Yang type.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

There are too many outstanding British players right now for me to believe that the Claret Jug will spend the next 12 months residing anywhere outside the Isles.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I've always been amazed at how Mickelson never seems to contend at the open. I think its the hardest major to predict a winner or who will even be in contention.

I'm going to surprise no one and say I reckon Justin Rose might have a shout. Dark horse, Charl Schwartzel.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Does anybody how the T.V. coverage will work this week?
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

Does anybody how the T.V. coverage will work this week?

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/championship If you scroll down to the middle of the page you will see "T.V. SCHEDULE"

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

If my math is correct Tiger tees off at 4ish AM eastern. He's my pick to win.

Agreed. Each week he has improved on what he did bad the week before. The way it looks, if he gets his putting tightened up this week, he will be tough.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Agreed. Each week he has improved on what he did bad the week before. The way it looks, if he gets his putting tightened up this week, he will be tough.

I'm expecting the same Tiger experience at St. Andrews as we've seen from him during most recent majors. He'll start with two pedestrian rounds, putting him around midfield after the cut. He'll shoot something to the tune of 2 or 3 under on Saturday to launch into contention and spark a media frenzy about Tiger on the prowl, even though he'll have left several strokes on the course. One more average round on Sunday will lock a finish on the back end of the top ten, but he'll never be a threat to win.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 4882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!