IGNORED

3 wood shaft

Note: This thread is 5026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have a couple questions about reshafting my 3 wood. (i'm going to do it myself)

i broke my mizuno mp-001 3 wood a couple weeks ago when i pat my divot down, the head just popped off and the shaft was broken almost flush with the hosel, it just has a small triangular point sticking up where i assume the shaft first cracked. (no... i did not beat the club, it was actually a GREAT shot)

whats the best way to get the remainder of the broken shaft out?? drill it??

does anybody know what the tip size is on these fairway woods??

when i buy a new shaft, do i just buy a driver shaft and cut it down from the butt end? i havent found any bona fide fairway shafts on the golfsmith website, this is why i ask..

is the ferrule really nescessary, or is it just for looks?

appreciate it, this is my first time doing this. i contemplated just buying a new fairway wood, but i love this thing better than my own wife, and i couldnt find any newer fairway woods that i like better than this one at address. not a big fan of overside FW heads and deep faces.

appreciate the info.

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

try here

appreciate the link, my computer won't let me open the mizuno links on that page for some reason...

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

nope. i may can pull it up at work tomorrow morning. i'll give it a try then.

appreciate the help

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

4whats the best way to get the remainder of the broken shaft out?? drill it??

Unless there is enough left to grab with some pliers. Just be careful not to drill too deep and make sure you get all the little bits out. If you don't, it will rattle and drive you insane.

does anybody know what the tip size is on these fairway woods??

The PDF file linked above lists it at .335. Awesome link, btw.

when i buy a new shaft, do i just buy a driver shaft and cut it down from the butt end? i havent found any bona fide fairway shafts on the golfsmith website, this is why i ask..

You could do that, but it will play a little soft in the tip and cause a bit higher launch and spin. The website of the manufacturer of your new shaft should have tip trimming instructions that tell you how much of the tip to cut off to achieve the recommended tip stiffness for each club. Then cut the butt end for final length.

is the ferrule really nescessary, or is it just for looks?

Just for looks, but they are easy to install and dirt cheap.

appreciate it, this is my first time doing this. i contemplated just buying a new fairway wood, but i love this thing better than my own wife, and i couldnt find any newer fairway woods that i like better than this one at address. not a big fan of overside FW heads and deep faces.

I understand. Had to do this with a Ping G2 3W of mine my wife's little cousin broke a couple years ago. If you are mechanically inclined at all, most basic club repair isn't too difficult.

Just read all the guides on the Golfsmith clubmaker's site. They have very good step-by-step instructions and videos.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

appreciate it buddy!!! that was a ton of help.

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

No problem at all
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Note: This thread is 5026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!