IGNORED

Tiger Switching to Method Putter

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 4949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I read an article this morning that said due to his recent putting woes he is benching his Scotty for a Nike putter. Interesting. I wonder which one of the method putters he will be using?

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Link? There have been quite a few pictures of Tiger with a Method already this week so it could happen.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

But he did disclose that he is putting a new putter in his bag for the first time in 11 years. Gone, at least for this week, is the Scotty Cameron Newport 2, a putter which has been in use for 13 of his 14 major championships going all the way back to May of 1999. Woods is going with a new Nike model called the Method. "I've always been tempted to change my putter on slower greens and I've always struggled when greens are really slow," Woods said. "I've always felt more comfortable when the greens are quick. I've always experimented with other putters throughout the years but I've never put one in play until now."

Tiger Changing Putters per ESPN Interesting that he is changing due to the greens being slow. I wonder if it is a weight difference in the putter that makes him more comfortable on slower greens.

Aren't the method putters pretty much the same kind of shape and design as the scotty he was using anyway?He putting has been terrible since he came back, and this seems like a slightly desperate move.It's not the tools..

Crazy how long he's been using the same putter though.Since 1999, and 71 wins later he was still using it.Unusual for a modern pro.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

I think the method putters have a different feel off the face. Maybe he is looking to keep the same design, but get a different feel.

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

can i haz his old one, pls?
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Aren't the method putters pretty much the same kind of shape and design as the scotty he was using anyway?

He said that the ball gets rolling a lot sooner with the method putter, so I'm sure it has a different feel.

wow, I wonder how much $$$ Nike threw at him to get him to change...

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

wow, I wonder how much $$$ Nike threw at him to get him to change...

It might just be a temporary change for the tournament. But history says once he chances a club in his bag it usually stays in there for a long time. It think its more of a sign that tiger is still a little lost with his game that he is changing the one club that he usually dominates with.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Sheesh guys, ripping on Tiger for changing putters? Like no one on this board has ever done that before?!? I didn't gather that Tiger was blaming his SC but switching to a different one seems like a logical choice instead of keeping the SC in the bag and hoping the feel will come back on game day.

I noted this yesterday on either the Tiger's back thread or one of the Open threads.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Sheesh guys, ripping on Tiger for changing putters? Like no one on this board has ever done that before?!? I didn't gather that Tiger was blaming his SC but switching to a different one seems like a logical choice instead of keeping the SC in the bag and hoping the feel will come back on game day.

I'm not ripping on him, i just find it odd that it has been impossible to tear away the 1 non Nike club from his bag since he signed with them to all of the sudden switching to one.

There plenty of putters out there to switch to, thats why I think the switch to the method was based at least 50% on money.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

I noted this yesterday on either the Tiger's back thread or one of the Open threads.

Sorry. I looked in a couple other threads to see if it had been brought up before I started this one.

If he putts terrible we will all say he should have stuck with the Scotty, and if he does very well we will say he made a great decision. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Kyle Paulhus

I'm not ripping on him, i just find it odd that it has been impossible to tear away the 1 non Nike club from his bag since he signed with them to all of the sudden switching to one.

This is anything but "all of a sudden". Several of his practice rounds at the Masters he played with the Method.

I highly doubt Nike would pay him anything more to play it either. Think about it, that's easily the most available putter to him, and he can have however many he wants made to his exact specs.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Well, your probably right. After all the guy does have a soon to be ex wife to support. But with that said I hope he putts lights out this week regardless of what putter he is using.

its funny how the pros are like us in this department, somethings not working right for him so its the equipment!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Isn't he playing with a different ball now too? Maybe that is also part of it.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Note: This thread is 4949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!