IGNORED

What would You Do?

Note: This thread is 5031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My CoWorker offered me $400 cash for my original X18 irons and my FT5 driver. I have been wanting new irons since last season, (been looking at the AP1 and AP2 and now the X24) and the $400 is probably more money than I would get in trade, and I dont do the whole ebay thing. I wouldnt have the cash to buy a new set of irons till this winter and that would leave me without clubs for the rest of the season, which is only half over with. I might be able to use my dads old BH-5's and I am probably better off using my 3metal off the tee lately anyways. I havent been able to play more than once a week lately because I have a 2 month old daughter at home (cant wait to teach her to play ) and havent gotten into much of a groove and my timing is off so I have pretty much chalked this season up as a wash. Anyways I was just looking for some input on wether you thought it was worth it to sell or if I should just keep them. I would probably buy another FT5 since I am a big fan of it, but I am sure I could find a newer one for a steal. Just looking for input, thanks in advance.

Well if you traded those irons in you would only get $116, ,and they sell on ebay for an average of $200. So take the money.

http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exe...allaway/m/X-18

Almost every place goes by these stats for trade ins

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Definately take the money and buy the Titleist AP2 irons!
Driver......... R9 Supertri 9.5* - Project X 6.5
FWY Wood.. MP Titanium 15* - Project X 6.0
Irons........... MP 68 3-PW - Project X 6.0
Wedges....... xFT 52.09 56.16
................... Tour 59.06Putter.......... Studio Select Squareback Ball............. ProV1x Supporting Project X One 330...

My CoWorker offered me $400 cash for my original X18 irons and my FT5 driver. I have been wanting new irons since last season, (been looking at the AP1 and AP2 and now the X24) and the $400 is probably more money than I would get in trade, and I dont do the whole ebay thing. I wouldnt have the cash to buy a new set of irons till this winter and that would leave me without clubs for the rest of the season, which is only half over with. I might be able to use my dads old BH-5's and I am probably better off using my 3metal off the tee lately anyways. I havent been able to play more than once a week lately because I have a 2 month old daughter at home (cant wait to teach her to play

I am going to go the opposite way. I say keep the clubs you have. 1. You won't see any improvement from the different irons. 2. You are just going to buy the same driver anyway. 3. You won't have clubs the duration of the season! 4. You have a 2 month old, do you think you will have the disposable income for new clubs in the winter time if you don't have it now? Anyways, this is my thinking, especially since I am a month away from having my first kid.

Good luck

I am going to go the opposite way. I say keep the clubs you have. 1. You won't see any improvement from the different irons. 2. You are just going to buy the same driver anyway. 3. You won't have clubs the duration of the season! 4. You have a 2 month old, do you think you will have the disposable income for new clubs in the winter time if you don't have it now? Anyways, this is my thinking, especially since I am a month away from having my first kid.

I was thinking the same thing...stock up on diapers. Having clubs now is a lot better than maybe having clubs then.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I used my x-24's yesterday and DAMNNN the things are awesome. But... 400 won't buy them for you :(

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

If you can for sure borrow your dad's Hogan irons long-term, then absolutely yes I would sell them. But then, I "do the ebay thing" so I could find a set of irons I would enjoy for around $400 or a little more.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Let's think long-range on this, dad.

1) Keep your current clubs, and work on your swing when you can.

2) Teach your daughter how to play golf.

3) After she's starts winning on the LPGA tour, she can buy you the first set of Callaway X32 Tour irons off the assembly line, custom fit for you in Carlsbad.

Life is good!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sell the clubs for $400, buy yourself some Ping G15's (after kicking in a few more $$)

Don't sell the clubs and use the money elsewhere. That $400 gets you pretty close to a new set of irons. Spend it on diapers and you never know how long it'll be before you're able to get new irons. X-18's are nice....X-24's are nicer (and G15's are even better) and getting new clubs is part of the fun of golf. I was about to buy clubs last year...waited for the G15's to come out, didn't pull the trigger, ended up buying a house and putting my club purchase on hold for a year. Could have been 2 years or more if my company stock price didn't take a nice bump up!

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

Sell the clubs for $400 and "do the Ebay thing"...buy a set of clubs you can play untiil you save enough scratch to get the ones you really want and that you can unload quickly for close to what you paid for them. Ping Eye 2's would be my suggestion.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Keep what you have. X18's are great clubs for someone who can only play once in a while, and that 2 month old is only going to get more expensive as she gets older.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

SOLD!! Thanks for everybodies input, the unt is on for new irons!

As long as your mind is made up, I'd suggest taking a look at globalgolf's selection of used irons. Here's a link of righty used iron sets, priced lowed to highest. A ton of options for a quick fix or longer term set. Good luck in your hunt--that's a good price you're getting for the X-18s.

http://www.globalgolf.com/gallery/go...px?gd=3&sort;=2

Equipment:
Ping K15 Driver (10.5º) - Diamana BB R flex; Ping G15 4 Wood (TFC R flex); Ping G15 20* Hybrid (TFC R flex); Ping G15 23* and 27* Hybrids (AWT R flex steel); Ping G15 Irons 6-GW (AWT R flex steel); Ping I-Wedge 54* Wedge; CG14 BP 58* Wedge; Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #9 Putter

Thanks thats why I decided to sell them I knew I was making out on the deal. I actually squeaked out $425

He was tugging on the line and you needed to reel him in before he spit the bait out.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

So OP what's your next move? The funny thing is you could probably buy back your set in the same condition on CAllaway Preowned for less than what you sold it for.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

So OP what's your next move? The funny thing is you could probably buy back your set in the same condition on CAllaway Preowned for less than what you sold it for.

The irons would be $280 for an average set that is 1 up and .5" long. Or $370 for standard like news.

The driver would be $90 for the cheapest one. That would leave him with $55 in profit before shipping charges.

Note: This thread is 5031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!