IGNORED

College - Will no golf for a school year kill my game?

Game
Note: This thread is 5017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

But this is a golf forum. If he wanted other advice he would have asked it somewhere else.

I wasnt giving him advice. Just making the point that golf during off times is probably better than other activities. Oh..and welcome to Delaware. I think you will enjoy your time here. My youngest is finishing up this fall at UD.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Pick up a used or demo 5 or 6 iron that matches your set and try to get to a driving range a couple time a month. Not for marathon sessions, but maybe just a bucket to keep the feel. If you could also have a wedge and putter, even better.

This won't hurt your studies, and might even help!

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You're making a mistake... bring the clubs. College isn't that hard, just do your work study for your tests and golf on the weekends. Trust me, you will need something other than studying to make the time worth it. Just don't party... too hard.

-Graduate student going for MSEE(masters in electrical engineering)... I know what hard classes are like, and they still don't require all of your time.. you're going to need something to keep you sane.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

I think he is saying he won't leave campus much because he won't have a car.

That is what I was getting at. Althoug there is a course in newton I feel like I won't know people with the means to navigate their way there, although if I live on the Newton campus I'll probably be within walking distance. I think I'll probably not bring them in September when school starts so I can focus on the important things (making friends and hanging out hah) and then because I'm flying home for thanksgiving I'll just bring them back with me after I have a better idea what everything is like.

In the bag: I'm not a complete nike fanboy.. I just happened to pull some strings and get fitted at the oven
Driver| SQ Machspeed 8.5
Fairway Woods|3,5| SQ Machspeed fairway woods
Hybrids |3,4 iron| SQ Machspeed hybrid
Irons|PW-5| Split Cavity Forged IronWedges| 54 bent to 53 and 58...

Don't expect to golf much between Thanksgiving and February though. If you can bring them with you when you come out in August/Sept then you'll be able to play. The first month or two of college classes are kind of BS anyway.

your parents are naive if they are worrying about golf getting in the way of your "studies" Theres going to be way more temptations everyday than golf.

Id bring your clubs.

Take your clubs! Your game won't be affected too much if you take the school year off, but there's no reason for it. There will be plenty of Friday afternoons where you're looking for things to do. There is plenty of time for study and golf.

http://www.bc.edu/clubs/golfclub/recreational.html
In the Bag:
TaylorMade R11TP Driver
TaylorMade R11TP 3 wood (15.5)
Mizuno MP 63 3-PW
Vokey 52Vokey 56TAD MOORE Pro1P

your parents are naive if they are worrying about golf getting in the way of your "studies" Theres going to be way more temptations everyday than golf.

Yep, trust me there will be plenty of other things to distract you.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Thanks for the link Wine&Poker;! Definitely will want to have them with me for the springtime events!

In the bag: I'm not a complete nike fanboy.. I just happened to pull some strings and get fitted at the oven
Driver| SQ Machspeed 8.5
Fairway Woods|3,5| SQ Machspeed fairway woods
Hybrids |3,4 iron| SQ Machspeed hybrid
Irons|PW-5| Split Cavity Forged IronWedges| 54 bent to 53 and 58...

You could just buy a set for college. Check out Craig's List or some local Goodwill/Salvation Army stores. I found a set of 3-PW, SW of Ben Hogan Edge GS irons at Goodwill in decent condition, the whole set was about $45. I realize sometimes in college $45 is a lot but it's a one-time cost.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I quit for 1.5-2 years out of disinterest/going to school. I went to school and didn't play at all during two school years, and only maybe 3 times total during two summers. Started playing again this summer, and was worried I wouldn't be able to hit anything. To my surprise in no time I was pretty much back to my old self. Shot a great round after ~6 months of not even looking at a golf club. Short game took maybe 3-4 rounds before I was comfortable again.

Fore!

It will take you a little while to get your game back, but it shouldnt take more than a month. You wont forget your swing, its just that your shortgame and putting touch will all but disappear.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

chances are if you're not antisocial, you'll be making friends, hanging out/studying/going downtown with them, and accruing more and more events to your schedule. who knows, you may even forget about golf for a while. it happened to me. i was about to take the clubs at the start of the year and didn't, didn't miss them at all as I became immersed in the college environment.

If you use your time wisely, you should have plenty of time for golf. I'd save a little money and get a used set, driver, putter and light carry bag off craig'slist. For example, there's a nice 3-PW Maxfli Revolution forged set for $70 in Boston.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Just ship them UPS to yourself at school!!

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

What makes you or your parents think that you taking 4 hours a few times before winter and a few times after winter is going to be too much of a distraction? At a good school like BC there are plenty of student-athletes who are excellent and hard-working students (and many who are really just athletes of course...), and they can take 3+ hours a day 5-6 days a week. How many hours per week are you really going to play golf? As a poster above said, golf, even every weekend, is very very low on the list of things you or your parents should worry about distracting you from your studies...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I layed off for almost 5 years, and after about 10 rounds, I was better than I was back then. One season won't kill you. You'll be fine.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

I am about to graduate and i had a hard major, I played at least once a week it didn't interfere with school.

Driver: Taylormade R7
Wood: taylormade burner 3 wood
Hybrids: Jack Nicklaus 3 hybrid
Irons: Taylormade R9 TP 3-pw
Wedges: Taylormade r9 56* & Titliest Vokey 60* Putter: Odyssey WhiteHot XG #7 Ball: Nike one platinum & Bridgestone E6

Note: This thread is 5017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!