IGNORED

What Golf Ball do you play?

Radford Wooly
Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Golf Ball Do You Play?

• Nike
    • Titleist
    • Callaway
    • Bridgestone
    • Other

Wilson Staff FG Tour. Great ball. Soft feel, long off the driver, great around the greens and putting is very pleasant. Also using TM TP Red or Callaway I(s). Callaway website says I should try their I(z) so may have to give it a shot.
But the wilson I think is going o be my ball of choice when the TP reds run out.

WITB
Titleist 910 D3 Motore F3
Ping G15 4wd TFC
Adams A12 20* RIP'd VS Proto, Adams CB2 Forged 4-GW DGSL S300 Scratch 8620 54* and 58*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC4 TaylormadeTP Red/ Wilson Staff FG tour

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play anything i find. I don't buy golf balls. They're the most over-priced piece of equipment.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I play anything i find. I don't buy golf balls. They're the most over-priced piece of equipment.

I agree but as with most items research and demand drives price up.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the Callaway HX One and HX Bite and prefer the feel of a 3 piece ball. Having said that I find a lot of golf balls, go through them and play the ones that are still in good condition, regardless of make.

Driver: FT9, 9.5*
3 wood: R9
5 wood: V-mass 260
Hybrid: Rescue 22*
Irons: RM Midsize 3-PWGap Wedge: CG14Sand Wedge: RACLob Wedge: CG14Putter: Odyessy White Ice #5Ball: ProV1x

I've been playing a lot of Callaway golf balls since I tried out a box of HXHot last year. Right now I have played the Warbird and the tour(ix). I find that if I need a bit more distance, I'll pull out the Warbird. When I need to stop it on the green, I use the tour(ix). League nights, the greens are hard so I play the tour(ix). However, after reading a post on the website, I'm interested in trying out the new TaylorMade Penta's. In 2002, TaylorMade started making a two-piece ball and I love it. Then, they stopped making them and I was disappointed. I'm intrigued how this new ball will perform.

On a side note, I have tried the Titleist NXT and Pro V1x and I do not like them. Based on how I play they do not work for me.

FT-5 Tour Driver (9.5* w/ Aldila SV-65 shaft)
Supersteel Burner Fairway Metal (15*)
Supersteel Burner (3-PW) Irons
SV Tour Wedges (50.10, 56.14)
DFX 9900 Putter tour i(x) balls

I play either Slazenger RAW Distance or Nike Power Distance. Normally Slazenger, because Dick's Sporting Goods almost always has them at buy 2 get 1 free 15 packs. I lose too many balls to warrant spending the money on super expensive tour balls. I'm a bogey golfer anyway.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I've been trying out different balls, so it was hard to narrow it to just one. Top-Flite would have been my choice, but a Nike ball is the next in line for my experimentation, so I voted Nike.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

Whatever people at my home course decide to play. At night I ball hawk in the woods and when I get a dozen of the same kind they go in my bag.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

titleist, there are other kinds?

My gear:
warbird stand bag
909 D2 Driver 9.5 deg
2008 baffler pro hybrid 18, 20 deg
3-PW X-20 Tour Irons 56, 60 degree vokey wedge spin milled crimson series 660 putter pro v1 balls

Bridgestone RX-330S. Love this golf ball.

In my stand bag....

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
3 wood: R9 TP
Irons: R9 TP

Wedges: xFT 52*, 56*, 60* Putter: Circa '62 #3

Ball: Penta TP #13

I have been buying these Noodle S Balls 10$ /dozen (supposed to be earth friendly comes in "recycled box") I am liking them. Tho im new and ball doesnt really matter to me at all. These feel really soft around the green so I like them.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Wilson FG Tour is my ball of choice now. Awesome and very good value. Have a bunch of Bridgestone 330-RX which'll be my Winter ball until they run out. Like the Bridgestone 330-RXS a lot too and will probably be an alternative to the FG Tour. Currently using up some Srixon Z-URC which, although a bit hard feeling for me, is performing much better in the warm weather than it ever did in the Winter.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

I have been playing the Bridgestone B330-S for almost 2 years now. I bought about 20 sleeves of all different kinds of balls and swapped them out over the course of the season. I found the B330-S to be the best balance of distance and feel for me. Not the longest, not the best spin, but a good combo. However, Im hearing great things about the TM Penta, so I may give them a try later this season.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Majority of the time its a Pro V1 or V1X. But I've been playing others lately to see if I can get something else working for me.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Been trying different balls, still got 20 or so Pro V1 I bought a long time ago. I've ordered a bunch of the Bridgestone E6. The E series from Bridgestone are solid balls that I have enjoyed a lot.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Wilson FG Tour is my ball of choice now. Awesome and very good value. Have a bunch of Bridgestone 330-RX which'll be my Winter ball until they run out. Like the Bridgestone 330-RXS a lot too and will probably be an alternative to the FG Tour. Currently using up some Srixon Z-URC which, although a bit hard feeling for me, is performing much better in the warm weather than it ever did in the Winter.

Purchased a box of FG Tours yesterday. I tried the C:25s and they were actually too long - distance control issues. Still using the Eco Cores too. I like knowing my ball will be in the fairway when I get there - people see "Wilson . . . " think of volleyballs, then keep moving.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!