IGNORED

Can someone recommened a cheap, but quality putter

Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking to buy a new putter, but unfortunately I don't have a ton of $ right now to get a 150-200$ one. I went a PIAS around here, but I'm lefty and out of about 30 putters, not 1 lefty was there.

Looking to spend as close to 100$ or under as possible. Used/New doesn't matter.

Thanks

In my bag:
R9 Driver 10.5 - R-Flex - Graphite
R9 3 & 5 Woods - R-Flex - Graphite
Tight Lies GT 2-8 Irons - R-Flex - Steel
Tight Lies IDEA A1 56* Sand Wedge - Steel Ascent 2 48* Pitching Wedge - Graphite IC 20-10B Mid Mallet 33" Dura Feel V Glove NXT Tour Ball

Ping karsten series.

/end thread.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Hey, I know that I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I just joined today and don't have the ability to post a new thread. My question to you all deals with my Ping Anser 3 putter, which I bought a year ago online - used. The putter club head says KARSTEN in big letters alone - not Karsten MFG Corp or Karsten Co, just KARSTEN. Also, it says Pheonix, AZ under the KARSTEN with the zip code, which is hard to make out, but I've found it to be 85029. Also, it says Made in U.S.A under the previous two lines. However, remember, this is a Ping Anser 3 putter, not the plain Anser.

The reason I ask of this is because the website listed this putter as the Karsten MFG Corp PO box 9990 85068, in which they have provided a Ping sticker wrapped around the shaft; however, as it is blatantly contradictory to the putter's club head, I would like to learn the real value of this club. Also, it utilizes the old-style, almost rectangular Ping/Golf Pride rubber grip (with the golfer and PING letters on the flattened side.

Also, if you are interested and would like to help, I can provide high resolution pictures of the club later today, just send me a PM or respond. However, my only concern is that, since I am not "eligible to create a new topic", the administrators will delete this. So, please respond ASAP and help me out! I will be online all weekend.

CFTA21: I would e-mail Ping and tell them what the putter said, and maybe include a picture of the head. They can tell you it it's real or not. BTW, I play an early Ping Pal; really works well since I got a putter fitting last year.

No1CeltFan: Check out the used putter section of a mainline golf shop. They would carry some lefty clubs, including putters. A good putter is one that's sturdy, and that you can sink putts with. Putters are very much an individual thing.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ping karsten series.

This is the correct answer. Only new made in U.S. putter you're gonna find for under $100. Lots of styles available, I like the B60 and the Anser.

Cleveland Classic. They cost $80 and are as good as any putter on the market.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Cleveland Classic. They cost $80 and are as good as any putter on the market.

+1 but a putter is a very personal choice, putters are very cheep now days. My dad brought a Odyssey white ice putter a few days ago and it was only 100$ bucks. Just go into another golf store and make sure you find the one that is best for you!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

Cleveland Classic ($70), Cleveland VP09 Series ($60-$80), Cleveland VP Milled ($70), Cleveland Classic BRZ ($90), Ping Karsten... TGW.com has a sale on most of them right now where the most expensive item in your cart gets 15% off (just not ping items).

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

Ping karsten series.

+2 or is it +3. Can't go wrong with a Ping putter

In My GT Stand Bag

Driver L5V 10.5*
Fairway Wood S2 15*
Hybrid 20* IronwoodIrons Eye 2 BeCu 4-PW (have the 2 and 3)Wedges C3 56* and 60*Putter Zing iWiShoe Air Tour Saddle Ball e7

The new Wilson Staff putters are solid - as always.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

The new Wilson Staff putters are solid - as always.

I like those a lot, along with most everything Wilson Staff puts out nowadays. Plus, about the same price as the PING Karsten series. I'm just sentimental and would have to go for one of the few remaining U.S. made golf pieces (PING Karsten) that is relatively affordable.

I like those a lot, along with most everything Wilson Staff puts out nowadays. Plus, about the same price as the PING Karsten series. I'm just sentimental and would have to go for one of the few remaining U.S. made golf pieces (PING Karsten) that is relatively affordable.

You want truly American - find a local clubmaker. There was one who posted on this site a while back. His putters were a little pricey but they were beautiful.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

You want truly American - find a local clubmaker. There was one who posted on this site a while back. His putters were a little pricey but they were beautiful.

I think my next putter will actually be Canadian (Deschamps). Gorgeous, handmade, and about the same price my Cameron was used.

Ping b60----they can be had on ebay for $35 or less. that's the model made in the 70's and 80's without the insert. A kid with one of these won the British Open a couple of years ago.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

Ping Anser. Check Play it Again Sports or the used club department at most golf stores. There's a better than average chance you'll find a very good used Anser at under $50.00. There are some newer models that have the elastomer inserts and although I think they take away some of the feel you might like them.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

I got the putter I wanted an odyssey 2 ball blade on craigslist for $30.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!