IGNORED

Can someone recommened a cheap, but quality putter

Note:Β This thread is 4985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

A lot of people have said the Karsten series, but I would recommend the Cleveland Classics series. Either the normal one or the BRZ model if you like a more atypical putter. I have the BRZ as a backup and it's truly a great putter.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Check pre-owned putters..I just scored a Ping Redwood Zing, pre-owned off of ebay...a 9/10 rating...the thing is gorgeous. I play only $94....You can score some great deals on ebay...if your patient!

Im actually not much of a fan of the Ping putters. I used to have a Ping Anser and wasnt that crazy about it. IMO, the smooth face of the Ping doesnt roll the ball as true as the grooved face of the Cleveland Classic that I currently use does.

Whats in my :sunmountain:Β C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno:Β JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno:Β JPX 850Β 15*, :mizuno:Β JPX-850 19*, :mizuno:Β JPX Fli-Hi #4,Β :mizuno:Β JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno:Β MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland:Β Smart Square BladeΒ and :bridgestone:Β B330-S

Im actually not much of a fan of the Ping putters. I used to have a Ping Anser and wasnt that crazy about it. IMO, the smooth face of the Ping doesnt roll the ball as true as the grooved face of the Cleveland Classic that I currently use does.

+2...I felt the same way. I've tried and tried to use Ping's putters and they never felt right. The Cleveland is an excellent putter. They feel great!

Keep an eye out for used ones. I found my current putter for $40 and have tried 4 other putters and always come back to it. It's old, but it works great for me.

ive got the ping karsten anser 2 putter and it is absolutly the best putter ive ever owned. Feel and weight dristribution is great. I seriously would pay 150 for it and its only like 70 new. ive heard of people throwing out their scottys for it which cost 3 times as much.

btw always get measured for the correct size putter. I use to have to long of a putter before my anser and I hated it mostly becasuse of the length. I now have a friend who has an anser 2 but it is too long for him and he cant putt with it. he wants to get it cut down Length makes a huge difference

I replaced both my vintage Anser and Cameron putter with a Karsten Anser, because I preferred the colour and the feel. Came with a hideous grip though, which was cut off and discarded as soon as I brought it home. Put a Winn AVS on it and its terrific. Great feel, good weight and ridiculous price, even in OZ.

The Cleveland Classics BRZ is a fine putter too

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

I replaced both my vintage Anser and Cameron putter with a Karsten Anser, because I preferred the colour and the feel. Came with a hideous grip though, which was cut off and discarded as soon as I brought it home. Put a Winn AVS on it and its terrific. Great feel, good weight and ridiculous price, even in OZ.

Agreed-if you go with the PING Karsten spend $6 or $7 to get a PING blackout grip put on, vast improvement. Cleveland Classics are nice as well. Top 2 choices I can think of under $90-new.

sounds like you guys love ping, so should I just keep my ping echo 2? It's the Karsten series I believe, since its says it on the club head.

In my bag:
R9 Driver 10.5 - R-Flex - Graphite
R9 3 & 5 Woods - R-Flex - Graphite
Tight Lies GT 2-8 Irons - R-Flex - Steel
Tight Lies IDEA A1 56* Sand Wedge - Steel Ascent 2 48* Pitching Wedge - Graphite IC 20-10B Mid Mallet 33" Dura Feel V Glove NXT Tour Ball

Crazy X Golfer, what do yo mean your putter is custom made? Just curious.
Driver: Taylor Made R9, Woods: Callaway Hyper X 3 wood, Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 20 degreeΒ Irons: Callaway X-20's, Wedge: Cleveland 588 56 degree, Putter: Cleveland CC 6 Classic Black Platinum, Ball: Noodle, Shoes: Contour
Β 
Maryland Golf and Country Club in Bel Air, MD.

i had a an old white hot, went to a ping karsten, then to a rife, now back to a white hot... i love the feel of the white hot insert. you can get them for 100 bucks at Dick's.
Driver: Taylor Made R9, Woods: Callaway Hyper X 3 wood, Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 20 degreeΒ Irons: Callaway X-20's, Wedge: Cleveland 588 56 degree, Putter: Cleveland CC 6 Classic Black Platinum, Ball: Noodle, Shoes: Contour
Β 

I scored my Rife Antigua off of Ebay for about $70 shipped to my house. I love the way the grooves in the face roll the ball. I highly recommend looking into getting a Rife.

i didnt like my rife at all...
Β 

sounds like you guys love ping, so should I just keep my ping echo 2? It's the Karsten series I believe, since its says it on the club head.

You had a PING all along?!? I should have paid attention. If you just have the new club bug try getting it regripped-makes it seem different and brand new. If you really want something new and non-PING then the Cleveland Classic is the way to go.

B60 in brass can get pricey. anser styles are cheaper

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

I scored my Rife Antigua off of Ebay for about $70 shipped to my house. I love the way the grooves in the face roll the ball. I highly recommend looking into getting a Rife.

I second ebay. I bought my Sabertooth brand new for 90 bucks.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just looked at Edwin Watts online site and found several new Ping putters for under $100. Sorry, I didn't notice the availability in left hand putters.

In myM9 bag
09 Burner 10.5* Stiff flex
Burner 19* 3 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
Burner 22* 4 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
G10 irons 4-PW(white dot) steel shaft (Stiff Flex)Oil can 52* wedge Spin milled 56* & 60* wedgesHalf Craz- E B belly putter SG 3.5golf balls

Note:Β This thread is 4985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!