IGNORED

Golf Glove or No Glove???

Note: This thread is 1411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Heard the saying no glove no love???? It appears to be the opposite for me... went outta town last weekend and lost golf glove......shot 70 without it. was hitting nice draws and pure irons......any thoughts??????

Ping G15 9 degree
Ping G15 4 wood 17 degree
Ping S56
Ping Tour S 52,56,60
Nike Method 01Pro V

Heard the saying no glove no love???? It appears to be the opposite for me... went outta town last weekend and lost golf glove......shot 70 without it. was hitting nice draws and pure irons......any thoughts??????

I used to play without a glove. Then I started getting pretty good and actually needed one.

For now I'm just wearing it so my club doesn't slip out of my sweaty hands and nail the hefty starter waiting behind me on the first tee in the nuts.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I have a different take on it. On full swing shots, up to about 80yds and in, I always use a glove. I get blisters without it. But on close approach shots and chips/pitches as well as putting, I do not use a glove. It's something I carried over from when I played high school golf. I felt like on a "feel" shot, I needed to be able to "feel" the club and I couldn't do that with a glove on.

Your desire to change has to be greater than your desire to stay the same.

I find that Im able to grip the club better with a glove. Unless Im putting where I dont want the feel of the club in my hands to be muffled at all, its a glove for me.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

my hand cant last 18 holes without a glove, i just wear one for my full swings, that way i get a good feel for the club around the green

Whats in my bag:

:nike: SQ Dymo2 Driver

Triumph Fairway Woods

:nike: VRs X Irons

:nike: VR V-Rev Wedge

:mizuno: Putter

No glove here, its hard to find one that fit well anyway

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to work part time at golf course when I was in HS (20+ years ago) to hit some free range balls and play few holes. But I paid for rounds on weekend. During my early golf years, somehow gloves only last a week and decided not to wear them since I couldn't afford them every week. I still do not wear gloves and my hands (especially left one) is like carpenter's. :)
I use only non-cord grips. Half or full cord grips are really harsh on my hands. Now, I am thinking to get Golf Pride's Tour Wrap 2G.

Golf: Agony & Love over 3 Generations

I stopped using glove a week ago, and have not experienced any problems with it. Even on the hottest days we get over here. I've got PURE Pro grips on all my clubs and so far it has worked out very well.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I don't think the "no glove no love" was referring to golf, but I could be mistaken!?

lol It pertains to both..

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

No gloves, I like having the same feel in both hands, with new technology in grips I don't see the need anymore, I don't have to spend the money on a glove and if it's good enough for Freddy it's good enough for me.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Yea i have acquitted a few times already ;b

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm planning on changing over to full cord grips when I regrip all my clubs some time this year. The idea being so I can go without a glove. I'd go gloveless now but in this heat and humidity the glove helps me to maintain grip on the club.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Note: This thread is 1411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!