IGNORED

Golf Glove or No Glove???

Note: This thread is 1433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by RichWW2

My gloves absolutely get soaked, but wet glove is still able to hold the club much better than wet hand.  Most the time the sweat comes through on the backhand side more than the palm side.  More padding on the palm side...probably?

All that being said, I would probably still wear a glove if not used for sweating purposes. Consistency thing I guess? Like in pro football, some QBs only wear gloves when it's cold and some wear them all the time just to keep the feeling the same all the time.

Whatever works best for you, my friend :D  I wouldn't care if someone came out wearing two boxing gloves if it helped them play better.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I wear a glove for all shots except putts (and occasional chips from the fringe). My hands get pretty sweaty in the summer, so a glove is a must, especially now that I have corded grips back on my clubs. Tan lines are a bit annoying, so I try to keep the glove off between shots.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

• 3 weeks later...

I can't play without a glove on. I need the tackiness, otherwise I fell like I'll send the club flying.

I've been thinking about wearing two gloves to see if it will allow me to loosen my grip pressure a bit.

Burner 9.5
JPX e500 5-PW
Putter, 3W, 4 iron
Aerolite III

Going without a glove starting two rounds ago. Loving it.

Iomic Sticky 2.3 grips feel so nice I want to touch them with both hands. The grips really do make the difference. Gloveless feels great.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Stopped playing with one years ago and I never looked back.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

I wear one only when I pull out the driver.  I may drop it all together after my current glove wears out.  I used to wear one all the time, but stopped using one with my irons a couple of years ago, I was just tearing them to pieces.  Now that I am using the NDMC grips, I especially like the burn of the cord, as it really lets me know if I am strangling the club too tightly.  As previously mentioned, the callus pattern on your hands is also a good grip indicator.

Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but I went out for 18 this evening and on every hole I chose not to wear the glove, I sliced the driver like it was my first time golfing.  Put the glove back on, baby draw.  Maybe I might need to add a wrap or two under the grip if I decide to go completely glove free, or like I said, maybe it was just coincidence.  Either way, it was iritating.

Never wear one, don't want the Michael Jackson glove tan line (one white hand), and like to be able to feel the club better.

Driver: Machspeed Black 9.5  

3 wood:  Insight  

Hybrid:   A4  19 degree

Irons:   CG red 4-PW  

Wedges:   CG12  56 degree and CG10 60 degree

Putter:  White Hot XG Sabertooth

• 1 year later...

Stopped wearing a glove a few years ago and found I got blisters.  Instead of putting it back on, I forced myself to reduce my grip pressure.  Believe it made me play better and won't go back to wearing a glove.  I also use Winn Dry Tech mid-size grips - that helps.

Gloveless for two years now. Don't miss it and don't see myself ever going back.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never wear one, don't want the Michael Jackson glove tan line (one white hand), and like to be able to feel the club better.

lol  I have a blazing white hand because of my glove and it looks absolutely ridiculous.  I took it off driving between holes and while waiting to hit yesterday to try to get some sun on it but it didn't really work.

I went from not wearing any gloves to now playing in two gloves for all shots except for putts. I am a lefty and my left hand is also dominant so I play grips with no taper in them and a glove on both. Playing barehanded drains all the moisture out of my hands in less than 5 holes in the middle in this heat so gloveless is pretty much not an option. I wear a Bionic glove on my top hand and a much thinner glove on my bottom hand as they give me a lil bit more feel.

• 9 months later...

I went from not wearing any gloves to now playing in two gloves for all shots except for putts. I am a lefty and my left hand is also dominant so I play grips with no taper in them and a glove on both. Playing barehanded drains all the moisture out of my hands in less than 5 holes in the middle in this heat so gloveless is pretty much not an option. I wear a Bionic glove on my top hand and a much thinner glove on my bottom hand as they give me a lil bit more feel.

I think it makes sense to keep the hands consistent; no gloves or a glove on each hand.  After all, the goal is to "marry" the hands together and make it feel as though they are one.  I find that with one glove I tend to tighten the hand without the glove more so than the hand with the glove.  With no gloves my hands have the same pressure and the shots seems to be better and more consistent.  Also I think the fear of the club slipping out makes me swing more in control.

• 2 months later...
I played with a glove in high school (class of '06) but ditched it after regripping my set. The Winn Dri-Tacs are the best grips I have ever used and after playing every other hole with a glove (removing it for putting and in between shots) for the front 9 at my home course I just tossed my old glove in the trash. Someone mentioned them being gateway accessories and that is probably true.

Unless it's cold or wet out, I see no value in a glove, especially with today's grips. I can see perhaps on grips from years ago ... Bit didn't play back then. I think sometimes it's the golf market machine at work

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!