IGNORED

Best Blade/Tour Irons...Ever?

Cali
Note: This thread is 3290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

East coast lad living in the flatness that is called Saskatchewan.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gitch

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ginch

Definition 3 of ginch FTW?

Originally Posted by moparman426

East coast lad living in the flatness that is called Saskatchewan.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gitch

That's unfortunate

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Titleist695mb

Look at the username!? TITLEIST 695mb so smooth but arent all Titleist clubs?

I am browsing for a set of those myself.  Those or the 695cb's.  I was going to get some x-forged or ap2's this spring, but to hell with it, I might as well get something I really need to work at.  The MPF isn't that far off my current 755's, if you follow Maltby's ratings (I use it as a guideline only).  The mb's are only rated 78 points away and the cb's actually rank as easier to play, theoretically of course.

Yes Kieren, it is unfortunate

No need to be a Dick.  Besides, everyone knows we don't wear underwear up here.....we wear "gitch".

I'm not here to poke fun but that post made me laugh quite alot haha

Question and im not asking this just because your from the north but I have many places I'd like to visit golf wise before I die. a bucket list if you will. Ireland is one. Scotland is another with st Andrews among others. Another place I've been told wonders of is prince Edward island. something like one of the 8 golf wonders that you should see like the stadium hole out in Arizona for the waste management open or Augusta in its entirety. Is it worth the trip?

Now to go back to blades. Do we actually considered cavity blades in the conversation? Or is it strictly muscle back, square toe, digging clubs?

Anybodybhit the fg 62s?

I can't speak for PEI, but Cape Breton, Nova Scotia has some nice golf.  (Where I am from, cough-cough) Bell Bay, Highlands Links, Dundee, Cabot Lake, The Lakes, and Le Portage are the better known courses.  I played Bell Bay and Highlands Links on a trip home last summer.  The island is/was ranked the #1 island destination in continental US/Canada and #3 in the world, so it's worth a trip.  Fall is the busy tourist season there.  I sound like a tourist bureau rep, lol.  The mainland has many nice courses as well.  I hear Fox Harb'r is nice, hell, they even have their own airstrip.

I vacationed in PEI a lot as a kid, and all I remember is Ann of Green Gables and lots of potato farms, lol.  Nice though, they have a zero tolerance litter policy.   Back then they did, anyway, couldn't even buy soda in a can.

Originally Posted by handlez42

Quote:

No need to be a Dick.  Besides, everyone knows we don't wear underwear up here.....we wear "gitch".

I'm not here to poke fun but that post made me laugh quite alot haha

Question and im not asking this just because your from the north but I have many places I'd like to visit golf wise before I die. a bucket list if you will. Ireland is one. Scotland is another with st Andrews among others. Another place I've been told wonders of is prince Edward island. something like one of the 8 golf wonders that you should see like the stadium hole out in Arizona for the waste management open or Augusta in its entirety. Is it worth the trip?

Now to go back to blades. Do we actually considered cavity blades in the conversation? Or is it strictly muscle back, square toe, digging clubs?

Anybodybhit the fg 62s?

What conversation? The OP was in the market for new irons.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by niall1973

Unparalleled feel and balance, visually very pleasing.

Just like doing it with Scarlett Johanson

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Originally Posted by Domenic

Just like doing it with Scarlett Johanson

As vivid as your imagination may be, your hand will never resemble any part of Scarlett Johansson ....not even her hand

As vivid as your imagination may be, your hand will never resemble any part of Scarlett Johansson ....not even her hand

LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oops. My other post came out in the wrong spot. I have Mac Gregor Tourney VIP's. Nice sweet spot. Great feedback when hit wrong, but not overly punishing. I can hit em high and hold greens w the 4-iron and have holed out more pitches with the PW than I ever dreamed possible. They tend to be underpriced IMHO

Originally Posted by sean_miller

What conversation? The OP was in the market for new irons.

well i cant imagine that the OP hasnt decided by now.

now we can all just post an opinion

Hogan purists call the 1972 Apex blades the best clubs the company has ever produced. I've got two sets.

1972 Apex.JPG

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Originally Posted by Ben

Hogan purists call the 1972 Apex blades the best clubs the company has ever produced. I've got two sets.

I've always read that about the redlines (~ 1988/89 ?).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Glad I'm not a Hogan purist because I prefer the rounded sole and bounce on the Radials. (With graphite shafts, cut to original steel lengths, lofts left stock.)

PS: The best clubs are the ones somebody pays you to play. Mine are not the best.

"Quick Dorthy....the oil can!"

x_proto_irons.jpg

Callaway%20Tour%20Authentic%20X-Prototype%20Irons%20ft.jpg

got to give a nod to my cally's. i think they were priced out of the market when they first came to retail ($1500/set)...but they're the nicest, smoothest, nicest looking and longest blades i've hit. i know not a lot of people have hit em.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 3290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!