IGNORED

Who here uses blades?

Note: This thread is 4868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There are a lot of threads here about blades vs cavity backs, which blades are most forgiving, etc. Just wondering how many people here actually play blades?

I'm currently playing forged cavity backs and I like the balance of feel and forgiveness of them.

In my bag:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5 Degree
TaylorMade R11 3 Wood 15.5 Degree
Adams A12 19 Degree
Cleveland CG16 Tour Irons 4-PW

Taylormade rac Gap 52 Degree, Cleveland CG15 56 Degree, Cleveland CG14 60 Deg

Odyssey 2-Ball

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use an oversized blade, which is basically a blade with a little more height from bottom of the face to the top, a more rounded topline, and a larger cavity. forged also

Burner Superfast 9.5, Matrix S-Flex
Big Bertha 3 Wood (Old) : R Flex : 15.5 Degree
Idea Pro Gold Tour Prototype : Javelin FX R Flex : 20 Degree
804.OS 3-PW, Pro 970 R Flex
CG 14 : 52 Degrees : Project X Wedge Flex Forged X Tour : 56 Degrees : Rusted Sedona Putter Pro V1 Ball

I play the 735 cm, which are muscleback blades 8-P, slight cavities 5-7, and cavities for 3-4. It's the best of all worlds.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I used a set of Henry Griffitts blades in high school. I've since gone back to full cavity backs. I was a wild free-swinger in high school and I could crush a ball if I made good contact. I got HUGE distance out of the blades. Problem is, I rarely made good contact with those.

There are a lot of threads here about blades vs cavity backs, which blades are most forgiving, etc. Just wondering how many people here actually play blades?

Apparently, very close to zero.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Blade guy here!

Irons - nike.gif Forged Blades / Project X 7.0

Driver - nike.gif VR Pro Ltd. Edition 8.5° / FUBUKI Alpha 70x

Wood - nike.gif SQ 3+ 13° / Stock Diamana S-Flex
Wedges - cleveland.gif Tour Action Gunmetal Reg 588 54° & 60° / DG S400
Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Bag - nike.gif SQ Tour Carry

Mizuno 68's.

My first set of real clubs were hogan apex, so was the second. These are my third and I love them.

I play "baby blades," does that count?

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Mizuno MP32 (blades) P-8; MP57 (cavity back) 7-3. Use to play all MP32, but I switched to my current set

Clubs in my bag: TaylorMade R7 SuperDeep TP 9.5° Fujikura Speeder 757 S | Titleist 906F2 13° AccuFLEX ICON FH X| Adams Idea Pro Black 18° Aldila NV Pro 105-S| Mizuno MP-57 3-7; MP-32 8-P PX6.0 | Mizuno MP T-10 54.09, 60.05
My bags and cart: Titleist Carry Bag | Mizuno Omega V + Clicgear 2.0

I played some Hogan Radials several years ago when I was between sets of cavity back irons. Great clubs when you hit the sweet spot...which for me wasn't all that often.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

I will very likely make a purchase of blades for short irons in the near future (next month or so).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty sure I'm going to switch to titleist 695 mb's fairly soon. Just waiting to get a good price on a set.
In My White Hoofer Extreme Bag:
909D3 9.5º w/Fujikira Rombax 6X07
MD Hybrid 17º & 21º w/Aldila VS
MP-60 (4-PW)
CG12 Wedges 52º, 56º, & 60º Newport 2 Putter Pro V1

I have in the past. My first set of irons were staff FG17s followed by Macgregor muirfields. I played some mp 14s for a bit and then left the game for 7 years. I play pings now and wish i always had. Your probably looking at my handi and asking yourself...why did this t bag play blades? I started playing in the mid 80s and cavity backs were rare and expensive. Blades were common as they were the norm...so was persimmon. My first metal wood was a tm pittsburgh persimmon. Anywho i played blades from the time i could swing until i graduated from highschool. At the time i was playing to a 7 or so.

In my L8...
Driver: Launcher 460 9.5
Fairway Wood: 18 degree hybrid
Irons: G5 3-GW
Wedges: m/b 50, 56Putter: Anser 2Ball: D2 Feel

I have played the Mizuno mp33s for about 3 years, my highest round is 90 and my lowest is -3, -1, -1 and par and I usually shoot in the 70s.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I have played the Mizuno mp33s for about 3 years, my highest round is 90 and my lowest is -3, -1, -1 and par and I usually shoot in the 70s.

what year did the mp-33's come out? I saw a chart the said mp-33 1999 and then mp-32 2004. I thought 33 was after 32? its hard to keep track of mizunos irons because they are all numbers.

Note: This thread is 4868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!