IGNORED

Who here uses blades?

Note: This thread is 4875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the MP we've all been waiting for.

Lets hope the numbers continue as they have been!

In my Nexos

Driver R9 10.5*matrix ozik xcon 6
3wood dunlop Reaction 15*
hybrid Rescue 09 19* Aldila Re*ax 65 S Irons 755 3-PW project X flighted 5.5 Wedges MP T-10 52* 07 DG S300 WG 706 56* 12* bounce DG Wedge flex1018...

Switched from burners to mp-68, and am loving every minute with 68's.
Excellent feel and workable although I am inconsistent in that department still.

In my Bag:
Burner 460 Driver 10.5deg stiff
Burner #3 Fairway Wood 15 deg stiff
MP-68 Irons with Project X 5.5 Shafts & Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound Grips
Spin Milled 52.08, 56.11, 60.07 Wedges White Hot XG 2-Ball SRT Putter

I think blade irons are worshiped as holy objects for basically no reason... My teaching pro uses the same Nike VR Full Cavity irons I do with a plus-handicap...

I played to a + with PING i3 blades (a full CB iron) as well. I've also played to a + with Wilson Staff FG-17's. Play what you feel works best for you. This game can be played very well with pretty much any club, that's been proven several times over the years.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

I played to a + with PING i3 blades (a full CB iron) as well. I've also played to a + with Wilson Staff FG-17's. Play what you feel works best for you. This game can be played very well with pretty much any club, that's been proven several times over the years.

I play with a guy every week who games Ping i3 irons. He shoots in the 70s with them, he seems to love those irons

1st post , last two years playing Mizuno MP 32 5-PW, Mizuno T series FW51,SW 56 degree, LW60degree , dropped the 3,4 iron added TM rescue #3 , old set was MP 19 forged cavity back, for lefties love Mizuno!

If I had seen these before I purchased my Callaway X22s 4-pw I would have a set. Well need new wedges so I'm going to try the 52 and sw and see how they work for me. If I really like 'em I'll sell all my other irons then buy these in the off season. Not a bad price for forged.

http://www.louisvillegolf.com/index....eba03b2c4f91f1

I switched from cavity backs to Srixon Forged I-506's (Furyk won with these clubs @ the Heritage this year) the end of last year and my handicap jumped from a 10 to a 16 this season . I suppose i was not ready for the switch to blades. I really like the ball flight and trajectory when i hit them well, but my mishits were punished. I just switched back to cavity backs (muzuno JPX 800's) and am very happy with the consistency of my iron play again.

I think blade irons are worshiped as holy objects for basically no reason... My teaching pro uses the same Nike VR Full Cavity irons I do with a plus-handicap...

I don't remember what book I read it in, but maybe it was in "The Physics of Golf":

Basically, if a cavity back club being hit by a machine has a landing dispersion of 1 meter squared... the same machine hitting a blade will have a dispersion half of that or less. That to me does not seem like no reason.... seems like a pretty big reason to play blades! Especially if you can repeat your swing most of the time. I play mp 67s. Was going to pickup 68s but then opted against it because they seem to be very similar.

I played with Macgregor Tourney's for many years and now play the Ping G15's. I dont hit the G15's any better overall, but I do get the slightly higher trajectory that I have been looking for. The playability of the G15's is just about the same as the old Mac's, and the feel of my good and bad shots is actually better.

Forged vs. Cast
Blade vs. Cavity Back
Non offset vs. Offset
Better feel of blades
Better feel of Forged
Cast stainnless has less feel

Its all bullshit ...... play with what looks good to your eye, and with a shaft that compatible to your swing.

Looks sexy as hell.

I'd love to give it a go... just wish my game was up to that level. Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

I use MP-32s on the range to hone my swing. Don't have the marbles to play these on the course. Ever.

what clubs do you use on the course?

What's the big deal with blades? your mis-hits end up a little bit further away. It's not like if you don't hit them dead centre the ball shoots straight right/left

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

what clubs do you use on the course?

Except they can. Most game improvement clubs will not turn as much when hit not in the center. If you hit a blade near the toe it will open the club easier than others. Also, if there is more weight away from the center of the head, misses to the outer rims will not be as bad.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Except they can. Most game improvement clubs will not turn as much when hit not in the center. If you hit a blade near the toe it will open the club easier than others. Also, if there is more weight away from the center of the head, misses to the outer rims will not be as bad.

The blades I practice with are maybe an inch or more shorter than modern clubs. So that's probably why I don't find that much of a problem with them. But i'm an 19 handicap, anybody with decent ball striking shouldn't find a problem with them. I'd still recommend GI clubs though.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

You're right, but I have the highest handicap in my group, and I can't afford (literally) to be 10 yards right and short. I use my Eye 2's or i15s, which are far more consistent for me.

Played Ping ISI, i3 & G5's when younger, like them. Played Titleist 735.CMs, loved them. My iron striking improved by leaps and bounds. Something about knowing you **have to** strike it well really changed my approach towards golf. Now I play the Titleist 710MBs and I am in love. I will never go back to GI or thick topline cavity back irons again...

IMO: It is 100% true (to me at least) that blades are more accurate. I can hit the same shot with blades and my balls will almost always be at the same distance but a few yards apart (left to right). This isn't true with the cavity backs I have played where the ball can sometimes come off the face in odd ways.

Titleist Bias - 907D2 9.5 V2 Stiff | 906F2 15 V2 Stiff | 710MB 3-PW DG300 | 52, 56 SM Vokes | Tom Slighter - 2007 Tacoma FPR

Note: This thread is 4875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!