IGNORED

Gamesmanship with Buddies

trickymicky69
Note: This thread is 4996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When a buddy hits an absolutely terrible shot I'll occasionally tell him, "that's not bad for you. at your skill level you really shouldn't expect much more than that." Sometimes you just have to laugh when a shot is really bad. No words necessary.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave a putt short: "I smell p*ssy."

That made me literally lol. We often make comments about our own shots. Ball is hit horribly fat: "Be right!"

Stupid Short??? No problem... "You'll be able to find that one for sure".

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

A good one I use after a putt or chip left short is to ask 'what'd you go in the wrong underwear drawer this morning?"

Also, I call one of my frequent playing partners Shankman, as in "Your shot, Shankman"

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

I pretty much either give or receive the same banter that has already been mentioned but one that is unique to me is every time I play with my dad right before he tee's off I tell him that I'm going to beat him today, just to see if he will try and swing too hard and shank his first drive. For the record I haven't been able to beat him yet....

After someone misses a hole in one and get a little worked up.

I always say "if it would make you feel any better, you can still buy drinks."
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

WARNING: Vulgar material below...you have been warned.

Missed put...Put some hair around that hole and id bet you would find it....maybe not
Duff or Top...Yell GET UP!!! Like its a good shot
Poor shot...You show a lot of heart to keep playing.
Poor shot...the universal...you suck at life
Lipped put...looks like you got caught steeling home!
Rough green...A little rough around the hole...just like your mom

In my L8...
Driver: Launcher 460 9.5
Fairway Wood: 18 degree hybrid
Irons: G5 3-GW
Wedges: m/b 50, 56Putter: Anser 2Ball: D2 Feel

I always use this when a player doesnt hit past the ladies tee " oooo.... thats a dinkout". U gotta play the rest of the hole with your dink out. Usually gets a few laughs unless its a stag and the dude is drunk and not shy hahaha

Hit the Big Dogg

In the bag
Burner TP Tour 9.5 Driver
3w-P Rac 56* Olivia PutterOne or ProV1 Ball

Dont you miss this put you jackass!

Jackass!

It gets to one of my friends its so funny.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

on a putt left short . what is that number ... like 98.6 percent of all putts left short never fall...

cleveland Hibore xls 8.5* driver
Cleveland Hiborexls 13* 3 wood
Ping S 56
Nike oz putter

Good material. I got nothing new to contribute, but good material.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

A good one I use after a putt or chip left short is to ask 'what'd you go in the wrong underwear drawer this morning?"

That would make me shank it.

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

I tend to use the movie lines. Wind kicks up... "Little gust Rome" Make a great putt..."Billy Billy Billy Baroo" "be the ball "insert name here" or see a sweet golferette on the course..."you're a little monkey woman" For an opponent leaving a putt short.."Nice layup"

• A shot hit deeply into a hazard: "Kick hard!"
  • When someone has a short birdie putt: "I would be embarrassed if I missed that. You better study that carefully"
  • After a putt that is way short or way long: "You're still out"
  • After hitting a shot way short: "Good lag"

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

That would make me shank it.

My dad and I call each other "Shanksquatch," and when when one goes into the woods we say (in our best news anchor voice) "There was a shanksquatch sighting on the golf course today!" or "I just saw big foot!" or something to that effect.

We also have an ultimate competition called "the Kingship." My sister bought us each a Ping polo a couple Christmas' ago that has a crown logo on the chest that says "The King" below it. Every time we play it is a battle for the crown, with the winner gaining all bragging and shirt wearing rights in the family. The winner gets to brag, heckle, and basically torture the other by calling him nave and peasant and wearing the shirt until he's defeated the next time. We're both good sports, so the loser typically plays it up and gets the "king's" bag out of the trunk, etc..... unfortunately I've not won in so long my shirt is probably moth eaten....
Taylormade Burner 09 Driver / Taylormade Burner 09 3 Wood / King Cobra Baffler 19*(Rail H) & 26* / Ping G5 Irons 5-U / Cleveland 588 56* & 60* / Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy / Bridgestone E6 balls

on a putt that cmoes up short:

"man thats a nice lay up you hit there."

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

A popped up drive: "Nice wedge"
Shot into the bunker: Start singing Beach Boys songs
Short birdie putt: "Swing that purse Alice" or "Don't strain your uteris"
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!