• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mizuno TP and MP Timeline

3 posts in this topic

A few years ago I sold a bunch of old blades from my garage, Wilson Staff Fluid Feel, Mizuno TP-9 and TP-11. At the time I sold those I did some research at internet and bumped in to a nice website showing the timeline of Mizuno TP clubs and some of the start of MP clubs.

I used to play TP-9 for quite some years, which was a difficult muscleback with some extra weight in the sole, helping for a higher trajectory and switched to TP-11 also played by Sandy Lile at the time he won the Open, with a Sandy at the 18th.

Now I am a Mizuno man once again, I was looking for this info again, but nowhere to be found.

I know Mizuno USA has a history, but not very accurate .... TP-9 (1999-2000????), while I think TP-9 was more like in the mid 80's.

Any Idea's !

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I google Mizuno mp33 irons and found this site called Sand Trap:
If you google mp-9 you will find some results also.

RuariMarch 15th, 2008, 02:37 pm
Ok. After some extensive research here I what I have

MP-57 2007-2008
MP-67 2006-2008
MP-100 2006
MP-60 2005-2008
MP-37 2004-2008
MP-32 2004-2008
MP-30 2002
MP-33 2000-2006
MP-19 1996-1999
MP GRAD MP 1994-1999
MP-29 1992-2000
MP-14 1992-2000
PRO MP-11 1990-1993
PRO MP-5 1990-1992**
MP-9 1990-1992
PRO MP-4 1990-1992 (Right Handed) 1991 - 1992 (Left Handed)
PRO MS-11 1989-1990*
MS-9 1988-1990
MP-7 1988-1990
MS-8 1987-1990
MS-7 1986-1990
PRO MS-5 1984-1987 &1990**
PRO MS-4 1984-1987 (Right Handed) 1985 - 1987 (Left Handed)
PRO MS-3 1983-1985
PRO MS-2 1983-1984
PRO MS-1 1983-1984
PRO 1982-1983

*no photo available

**Seems to be a type-o from the mizuno website. Mizuno has the MP-5 listed from 84-87 and the MS from 90-92. Looks as if these have been inverted as all the other MP versions were released after their MS counterpart. For this reason I have listed the dates as I think they should be.

See the picture of them all at this link

All info from the following two sites. (When dates conflicted I went with Mizuno's site)
Mizuno Retired Clubs

Iron finder

Please let me know if there are any I missed.

Well I used to play the TP series, which were prior to the MP series....... there were lots of TP models, TP-9, TP-11, TP-Z, TP-2000 etc,

TP stands for Tour Proven, I don't know why it went from TP to MP.

TP-9 would be something like the current MP-68, quite difficult to use, but lots of power behind the ball........ I hope I still had these, two weeks not at the range ... a disaster, but they really went low and far when hit pure, with that climbing trajectory.