IGNORED

My Swing (stricklerlee)

stricklerlee
Note: This thread is 2194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Been playing golf for a while. I would appreciate some criticisms as they are helpful to improving my golf swing. My swing was very flat when I was 16(20 now) and I'm not sure if it is now or not.

Here is my video of my golf swing that I shot today. Irons used were pitching wedge and 7 iron, driver is the last club I used.

I like your swing alot, especially the driver swing.

Backswing--you bring your hands and the club in too quickly. Start the backswing by moving the club straight back, then as the club approaches parallel to the ground, start cocking your left wrist and move your hands in.

Downswing--really nice leg extension and arm extension at impact. With your irons, you seem to not extend your lumbar spine enough into impact and follow through, but looks good with the driver.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Thanks texas. I seem to be having trouble with my plane and that advice there is very clear. Problem is I don't know what you mean by cocking your left wrist?

Also, the wierd thing is that I have been hitting the golf balls really well with my irons, but not my driver.
PW: 135 yards.
9 : 140 yards.
8 : 155 yards.
7 : 165-170 yards.
6 : 175 - 180 yards.
5 : 185 - 190 yards, and sometimes a 200 yards shot.

Driver : 235 yards. Which sucks like hell. Lol.

Best link/video to explain wrist action in the golf swing
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...ighlight=wrist

You generate good speed matched with nice leg and arm extension, so I'm not surprised by your iron distances.

How many degrees is your driver? Are you hitting low hooks or low over draws with the driver? Your driver swing looks too good to me to be 235 carry. I noticed you open the club face on the irons. Are you doing the same with the driver?

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Noticed that at the finish, you fall back a bit with the driver, which usually means, you didn't get your hips and weight forward enough, which results loss of distance. You do a great job of extending your legs, almost as if you were jumping up into impact. Maybe try bumping your hips forward more as you initiate the forward swing.

see Greg Norman here moving his hips forward as the initial move on the forward swing.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Ah, I see what you mean about the leg extension. I've never really noticed that. It came naturally to me. Probably what helped me with the leg extension is that I can feel my weight transferring from my right foot to my left foot. I literally feel like I am swaying my hips a lot, even though I am only a little.

see Greg Norman here moving his hips forward as the initial move on the forward swing

My favourite driver swing ever (maybe a tie with Love III and Nicklaus). Along with the hip slide, he could watch Norman's overall balance. Everything is in control with no extra movements or bouncy/recoils.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Check your ball position with your driver. It looks way too far back toward the middle of your stance. It should be off your left heel. That could be why you are hitting low hooks.

Agree, move the ball up to off your left heel with the driver.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Nice looking swing, but I agree with whoever it was that said you're taking away the club too far inside. I agree with the ball position as well, you should play it more forward in your stance. That should help you control it.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

Any improvements?

Regarding my comment - a hundredfold improvement - very nice!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator
Is this the plane that you want me to get? I feel like I am initially moving my club outside.

You are. You simply need to cock the club up faster. Your initial hand path isn't bad - in this video it's bad. You need to

feel more like Rickie Fowler, not like Tiger under Hank Haney.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You simply need to cock the club up faster.

I really wish I can do this but I don't know what you mean by cocking the club up faster?

EDIT: Ahh, I got what you're saying. I used to do that, but it would bend my left arm and that's why right now I have good arm extension. If I cock my left wrist up faster, my left arm would bend going up and I don't want that.

Note: This thread is 2194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!