IGNORED

PGA Superstore...Heaven

John105
Note: This thread is 5002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Made my first trip to a PGA Superstore in ATL yesterday. I was in shock as to how amazing it was. They had free chipping areas, like twelve launch monitor stations, a huge putting area and even an indoor sand trap. If I wasn't an hour away, I'd probably be in there everyday.

Plus, I ran into a mint condition CG15 54 degree wedge for 59.99. Guess it pays to be left-handed sometimes cause the deals don't get immediately snapped up

I didn't know about the PGA Superstore when I moved in where I currently am. It happens to be 7 minutes down the street from me. Heaven indeed.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I'm jealous.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

The only drawback to the PGA Tour Superstore is that they currently do not stock Titleist products, although that issue will eventually be settled.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I am looking forward to moving back to the Atlanta in the next year or so. Hopefully, we'll be close to the Gwinnett Superstore.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

anyone have pics of what one looks like or a link to somewhere?
this place does sound like HEAVEN!!!!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

PGA Superstore = love

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

anyone have pics of what one looks like or a link to somewhere?

The website has

floor plans for the stores (click to enlarge), but I doubt that's what you want. Images like this and this just give you a small idea of how it looks. Imagine the denseness of those products, Costco-style. Mine has something like 8 to 10 of these driving stations , this image gives you a narrow view of the chipping area (3 or 4 chipping stations, seperated by netting, going down the left and right of the picture just out of view). Mine has a tennis court in it as well. A surprising lack of good wide-angle photos on Google, though.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Oh my god, that is amazing. I need to go to one. And I though golf galaxy was amazing.

In the bag:
Driver: 907 D2/Proforce V2 R-flex
Hybrid: Burner '07 3 Hybrid/Re-Ax Shaft/19* (4* draw bias)
Irons: AP1 4-7i
AP2 8-PWedges: Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52.06/56.11) VR Forged Chrome 60.06Putter: Ignite 001 Ball: Pro V1/ One Tour/

Wow Thats awesome. I only have one golf shop in my city and its small and doesn't stock very much at all. I could spend hours in that Superstore.(and money lol)

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

I've been to the one in Plano, and was pretty impressed. Especially with some of the prices on clearance clothing and shoes.

Organization on some things though was a bit annoying with a store that big. The wife was wanting a visor, and they had the womens hats and such all separated out on different endcaps spread all over instead of a wall like the mens stuff. Couple of other things like that I was looking to pick up and had to hunt all over.

Guess it pays to be left-handed sometimes cause the deals don't get immediately snapped up

Yes it does

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Yes it does

Almost makes up for the discrimination we have to deal with from club makers and shops. Perfect example was Callaway releasing the X-24s in only RH initially. Cost them a sale when I was forced to go with TM Burner 09s

I just couldn't handle this level of golf equipment excitement at the moment. I'm still loving the now not-so-new Bass Pro Shop adjacent to the NE Patriots' Gillette Stadium complex. Now that's a good half-day outing - at least for my boys and me...

No love on the west coast for locations. Guess I'll stick with Golf Galaxy.

I get giddy anytime i make the drive out to GG from Seattle. I end up walking around the store for a good hour expecting something magical to happen.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I get giddy anytime i make the drive out to GG from Seattle. I end up walking around the store for a good hour expecting something magical to happen.

i get that feeling every time I walk into Golf Town (Golf Galaxy wannabe)

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Note: This thread is 5002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!