IGNORED

Courses with "Free Birthday Rounds"

Note: This thread is 3577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone on here know what Southern California courses offer...... "Play for free on your Birthday"??? Anyone know which ones do that? I know San Juan Hills does, Redhawk does, and now I guess Tustin Ranch does...
Anyone else on here know if any other courses do?

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

I think Shorecliffs does, but if you're heading out that way, and the price is the same, go a few more exits to SJH.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey thanks for the tip. I played "Shorecliffs" a few weeks ago for the first time.... NEVER AGAIN! That course was dare I say... Terrible!

ill probably do SJH and RedHawk in the same day... unless I can verify this Tustin Ranch thing or possibly find another course I haven't played yet.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

I don't mean to threadjack, but living in New England and having an October birthday really rules out free birthday rounds for me.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I don't mean to threadjack, but living in New England and having an October birthday really rules out free birthday rounds for me.

Well... all the more reason to consider geography when choosing universities... or, if you've already accepted one, then to consider geography when applying for work.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I live in Ohio and my birthday is between X-Mess and New Years. THANKS MOM!

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I know some courses in Ohio offer free greens fees for winter birthdays before a certain date. Windy Knolls in Springfield is one I know of that does this sure, so it might be worth looking into it and see what the courses in the cleveland area offer in regards to winter birthdays.

In The Bag

Driver: Taylormade Supertri 9.5

3 Wood: Titleist 909 F2 

Hybrid: Adams 

Irons: 3-PW Mizuno MP64

Wedges: Vokey SM2 56* and 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback #1

Angeles National does as long as you're accompanied by someone who's paying the full rate (it can be twilight if you want, but no other discounts).

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

My handicap is 14 and I played shorecliffs twice, shot 105+ both times. Horrible.

Hey thanks for the tip. I played "Shorecliffs" a few weeks ago for the first time.... NEVER AGAIN! That course was dare I say... Terrible!

• 8 months later...

Depending on where you live.  I have a copy of this guy saying he has a free birthday golf list.  To my surprise the list is outdated with a lot of dead links.  In other words a load of bunk.  They just farm you for email addresses.

Did my own research and with the help of another buddy on another site... we have most of the states, California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Colorado, Oregon and Washington up.  I did post a link earlier but appearently it was deleted.  Understandable since they are competing sites.  So suffice it to say I won't post a link but it is out there.  Good Luck.  Just have to do a bit of searching :D

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

This is totally not going to help you out at all, and good luck to you my friend, but I've gotta say.  Birthday week is one hell of a golf extravaganza for me.  I've got three courses I can get in on around here.  All of them give you a weeks worth of slack or so.  Probably a common problem for golf nuts...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

• 1 month later...

My first pick would be Tustin Ranch because they give you a free meal too (breakfast or lunch - they have a good restaurant, I had eggs benedict after my round :-) and it's a pricier course.

My second pick would be Redhawk (no free meal, but a great course and they used to honor your birthday for a week before/after - you have to sign up for their birthday club as I remember),

Shorecliffs does too, but the other guy is right - drive a couple of offramps and go to SJH instead (I can't confirm whether they do a birthday round or not, but they'd be my third choice).

my birthday was monday, and the weeks before i searched/called all around.  i found 2:  tustin ranch (which had a tourney on monday so i couldn't play.  you only get free golf on your actual birthday day), and soule park in ojai, which gives you a week on either side of your birthday to play.

enjoy!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

• 1 month later...

In California I played Indian Springs in Palm Springs for free on my birthday.  I live in Maryalnd and Worhington Manor near Frederick does that as well.  I am a November Birthday so it's works sometimes and other times it is way to cold

Stephen T.

• 6 months later...

Hi...

I know of Two in my area. Dos Lagos in Corona, and Asuza Greens in Asuza, CA both offer Birthday Rounds. I'll be playing them both. Good courses for Pubbies... Dos Lagos is challenging and "hilly". Asuza is kinda flat, medium width and challenging in a way that you'd see it as easy at first... When NOT for birthdays, they're both reasonably priced... I enjoy them both.

Originally Posted by ktbass

Hi...

I know of Two in my area. Dos Lagos in Corona, and Asuza Greens in Asuza, CA both offer Birthday Rounds. I'll be playing them both. Good courses for Pubbies... Dos Lagos is challenging and "hilly". Asuza is kinda flat, medium width and challenging in a way that you'd see it as easy at first... When NOT for birthdays, they're both reasonably priced... I enjoy them both.

When did Dos Lagos start doing a free birthday round? This must be new, unless its a "members only" deal…

In my Ogio bag.

And a yellow ball.

I guess I should update this thread...

There are several courses in Southern California that offer "free" rounds of golf for your birthday. These are the ones I have found:

Hidden Valley (Norco)

RedHawk (Temecula)

Menifee Lakes (Menifee)

Tustin Ranch (Tustin/Irvine)

San Juan Hills (San Juan/Mission Viejo)

Tustin Ranch is the best offer out there. Its a no strings attached, completely free round on your birthday. Not only tht but free range balls and a free lunch. Show up check in and play. Its that easy. Ive done this two years in a row now. Only problem some people may have is that it is good on your actual birthday ONLY. If they have a tournament or it rains or something then youre SOL. Its totally worth going though, as they claim to be one of the best semi private courses in OC, which I think is a joke because the place is nice, but no nicer than several other public courses in OC. Tustin Ranch is normally ridiculously expensive, & overpriced if you ask me. But free is good! Haha

Hidden Valley out in Corona/Norco is a very nice course. Very challenging though. Lots of OB & Lateral hazards, so bring lots of balls. Hahaha. The deal here is you're free for your birthday as long as you bring 2 paying guests at full price which is $45 I think. Very fair price for this course. This deal is good 7 days before or 7 days after your actual birthday.

San Juan Hills is the same as Hidden Valley. 2 paying guests gets you a free birthday round 7 days before or 7 days after your actual birthday. This course however is slightly overpriced in my opinion. They're just jumping on the "we're in Orange County so we think we can charge more" bandwagon.

RedHawk is a pretty nice course down in Temecula. Its worth the drive in my opinion. The deal here is also a free birthday round 7 days before or after your birthday, all you have to do is pay for a cart. Hey, $15 for that course is a steal!! This is one I would recommend along with Tustin Ranch.

Menifee Lakes is a 36 hole golf course. Its a decent layout, but the drive is a bit far for the condition of the facility. If you're like me, and you'll drive almost anywhere for a free round of golf, then its totally worth it. Again its a free round 7 days before or 7 days after your birthday, just pay cart fee. Take some buddies, and make a road trip out of it! 2 courses to choose from too.

There are a couple other courses, but I can not remember which ones. I know for sure there is one down in San Diego, but ive never played it, & I dont remember its name. And I try to never go out to the LA area, but Im sure there is one or two out there as well.

In my Ogio bag.

And a yellow ball.

Note: This thread is 3577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!