IGNORED

My Swing (majorchamp)

majorchamp
Note: This thread is 4351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So on Saturday night I went out to my local range (off mats...grrr but it was nighttime, no choice). I have been working on some specific items such as

- moving weight off my toes, more toward the middle of my feet
- having a taller posture (in part to the bullet above) as well as trying to raise my hands/wrists at address
- shortening my swing.
- correcting my tempo.

I have been focused on simplifying my swing.

- Moving my weight to my left side (to help promote hitting down on the ball and not picking it)
- swinging till my left shoulder touches my chin and using that as my mental stop position
- focusing on trying to swing from my inside (downswing), and prevent coming over the top (hence shortening my swing)

In this video..I literally was hitting the ball perfect. They felt solid, were straight as a laser (for the most part), and just felt great. So I was doing something right :)

Areas I "want" to improve upon is creating better lag on my downswing. I don't cast, but I don't hold onto that angle as I approach the ball like I want. I also don't like how vertical my follow through is. the club shaft, IMO, should exit the left shoulder...mine seems to go much higher.

Anyways, here is my video:

These are good swings (I swing shorter in these then the ones below). My downswing angles are better here, they are more steep in the videos below)

This is still a good swing, but I still have a bit over the top on the downswing..but its better quality

Front angle

anyways, would love your thoughts/opinions.
-Bryan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a lower handicap and before I said anything you have are very nice swing, brillant tempo, but you are right with the over the top move, very slight though, the upper body seems to be unwinding with the hips as opposed to slightly after the hips causing that slight pull with the drive, iron swing is beautiful though, best Ive seen on this site

The only disturbing thing that I see is

white socks with black shoes?

nice swing

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Yeah I wish I can swing like you too. Reason why I'm not a 3 handicapper is because your plane is so much better than mine.

If you're looking for more lag, you will have to hinge more or turn your shoulder more(if you're flexible like Rickie Fowler). Take a look at this video.

OK, my 2cents...

First there is nothing wrong with white socks and black shoes in shorts.

The second video is the only one I sat through. The shot looked pulled a bit. I would watch your posture, you appear to be standing up a bit as your swing progresses. This would cause you to lose some of the space(between hands and body), that is important for staying on plane, and throw you steep at the last moment.

-Beane

OK, my 2cents...

Thanks Beane, Yea, I have noticed that too. I see some of the good players (Tiger, Mahan, etc..) tend to crouch/squat as they approach impact, whereas I maintain more of a level plane (vertically) and maybe even pop up at impact. The effect is almost like I am throwing the club at the ball. Granted, maybe its just timing..but I do tend to hit my shots crisp and accurate. 5 irons go 185 yards, pw goes 130, sw goes 100-105, 3-wood goes 270, driver tends to be 290-300+ Yea, getting my transition to change so my hands drop down into the "zone", where I can create lag is so damn difficult. Any suggestions or drills?

I hit balls again last night and uploaded my footage. The camera I used was better quality (but not HD...I still want to see my swing in HD or at least something better then 30fps).

Anyways, 3 videos

Again, hit the ball fantastic last night. Probably 90% of my shots were on a rope and solid.

Yeah looks stunning, love the hunter mahan follow through lol my advice hit the putting and chipping green, thats what pro golf is all about

Mahan follow through? My follow through is very vertical...his is more around his body? where are the similarities?

The only thing I see is you are going a bit past parallel on your driver. But if you are hitting the ball well, why change?

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

The only thing I see is you are going a bit past parallel on your driver. But if you are hitting the ball well, why change?

Yea, I have been trying HARD to keep my swing short..with the long clubs...what feels short to me obviously isn't...its tough.

i know exactly what your saying, when i think im hitting a 3/4 five iron, its really right at parallel. driver is right where yours is, but i think im a little more across the line. nice swing. a little bit of a bent left elbow at impact on the driver tho?

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Was it really necessary to film one good swing and put it on a loop? It's not? Oh... uhhh... I got nothing.

Great swing... doubtful you're a 3 HC, unless you REALLY can't chip and putt.

Note: This thread is 4351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!