IGNORED

What's the furthest you've ever holed out from?

vct33
Note: This thread is 3785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

161 on a par 5 for eagle. Uphill, across an inlet of a lake, 6 iron

In my stand bag....

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
3 wood: R9 TP
Irons: R9 TP

Wedges: xFT 52*, 56*, 60* Putter: Circa '62 #3

Ball: Penta TP #13

Never made any of real distance, just little chips around the greens. Closest ever was a lip out left 3 inches from the hole from about 116. Would have been my first and only eagle but had to settle for a tap in birdie.

In my stand Bag

Driver: R7 Limited TP
3 Wood: R9
Irons: Rac TP MB - (3-pw)Wedges: Rac TP z - 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Black Series #1

My longest hole out to date is about a 95 yard pitching wedge.

330 yard par 4. Very tight hole, undulating green, woods on either side. I hit my tee shot an ugly 170 yards or so (pop up). About 160 yards away, I take out a 5-iron and proceed to horribly shank slice it about 80 something yards to my right, into the deep rough.

I was 95 yards out and had to use a PW to hack it out. I was coming off a triple bogey I think, so at this point, I was extremely frustrated. I hacked it out and sure enough, it landed on the green, ran out, and dropped in the cup for a birdie. I threw the club over my head and just fell over.

This was about 7-8 months into playing golf. To date, it's both the longest hole-out and luckiest shot I've ever hit.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

From about 145 yards, uphill with a 7 iron.. on a par 5 for a birdie.
Tee shot went into a hazard.
I was pretty sure I hit a solid shot close to the pin, but couldn't find my ball anywhere near the green.
Took me almost 5 minutes to find my ball in the hole cup!
I can never forget that feeling.

Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

I have had good luck with partial wedges, having holed out from the 60- to 80-yard range probably five times.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

100 yds - cold winter day, pull my drive left, hack out into fairway, top my sand wedge - worm burner and goes into a frozen bunker, up the lip, 20 ft into the air, and lands in the hole ON THE FLY! ... other than that fiasco, about 30-40 yd chip shot.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

• Administrator
Makes me sad to admit it, but about 60 yards. Been close a lot of times, but like with a hole in one, never had one drop.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I made a blind fairway bunker shot uphill from about 140 yards at Pleasant Valley Country Club playing in a tournament a few years ago. Other than that all of my chip ins are all from just off the green, including another chip in in that same tournament.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Back in 1993 I was 15 playing with a group of friends at Grand Prairie Municipal Golf Course in Texas, I hit a hole in one on a 178 yd par 7 with a 5 iron. It definitely felt good, especially since I had witnesses. =)

In 1991 I was playing the public course in Lawton, Oklahoma, and hit my second shot from the fairway on a short par 5. I was about 200-210 from the edge of the green and about 215 from the pin. The green sloped down moderately from back to front. The ball landed to the left of and behind the pin and very slowly trickled down and right into the hole for a double eagle. The club I was using was a Hogan Series 56 3 wood that I had just bought.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

223 yards -- on a par three forced carry over water. First shot went in the water, only option was to replay from the tee, so it was a another one of those easy, no putt pars.

RC

From the hole or the front of the green?

I've holed out from about 30-ish feet from a chip that was about 2 feet from the fringe. I've holed out from about 10 yards from the actual green. So, nothing spectacular either way.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

ive had countless hole outs from 50yds in.. but as far as 100yds+ goes ive holed out from about 115yd, 145, and 166. the 166yds was a hole in one.

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

75- 80 yds; didnt realize it went in, looked for my ball all over the greenside area, finally looked in hole as if a miracle had occured and sure enough, there it was!

i did have a 100yd hole-in-one, not sure if you were counting those or not...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 3785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!