IGNORED

What Kind of Person Do You Have to Be...

colin007
Note: This thread is 4958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...to find a club laying on the ground and not take it back to the clubhouse to turn in????

i am so mad at myself for forgetting a club on a hole, so thats clearly my fault, but i would never, EVER think of keeping it.

RIP - mizuno mp series wedge 56-10

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks, you would hope most people would return it but unfortunately that is not the world we live in.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

Clubs not turned in:
Sometimes it's because the local *%# decides to keep it for his/her own bag.
Other times, it's because we leave it in a leafy area where people can't see it. I've had a couple of different grounds crew people tell about getting a rusty club hung up in the mowing equipment.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I wouldn't be too quick to assume negative thoughts... After all, what are most golfers going to do with a single mismatched iron/wedge? Chances are someone found it, put it into their bag (meaning to drop it ff at the clubhouse), and promptly forgot about it. I know when my round finishes I usually throw my clubs into the car and run to the clubhouse for drinks/snacks. I don't look at my clubs anymore until I get home.

I know this doesn't get the club into your hands any quicker, but if you know that the intent was not to steal, you may rest a little easier.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

One of the mags did a test on this, and there was a return rate in the 90%+ range for return of clubs left in conspicious places (near the green in plain sight). The chance of theft may be less than the chance that it was not found, or that it was destructively discovered by a cat wheel or lawn mower, at which point no one is going to turn in a busted club.

...to find a club laying on the ground and not take it back to the clubhouse to turn in????

There are quite a few members of this site who are like that. There have been a few threads where they say that they don't hand it in because they think the pro will keep it. Others hand them in and then think that it's OK to ring up the club a few days later asking if it's been collected and then thinking it's their property if it hasn't. Others only keep them if they're Vokeys or Clevelands, generously rteturning lesser brand to the pro shop.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

i left my 7 iron and a 56* vokey wedge beside a green earlier this year and they disappeared when i went back to get them. i can understand someone wanting the wedge but taking someone's 7 iron and busting up there set is low.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

I wouldn't be too quick to assume negative thoughts... After all, what are most golfers going to do with a single mismatched iron/wedge? Chances are someone found it, put it into their bag (meaning to drop it ff at the clubhouse), and promptly forgot about it. I know when my round finishes I usually throw my clubs into the car and run to the clubhouse for drinks/snacks. I don't look at my clubs anymore until I get home.

i left it by the 18th green. how do you forget when youre right next to the clubhouse? i will check again when i go there soon, but all i can hope is some short guy stole it and is now chunking shots because the club is too long for him (my clubs are +.75 inch over standard).

Colin P.

I'd give it a few weeks before I wrote it off completely, unless you have to have that club for a league or tourney. I recently obtained a club that I found and turned in. After two months it was not claimed, so I took it. I'll probably trade it in at Golf Galaxy or something. My point is, maybe the finder forgot to turn it in. If/when they return to the course hopefully they do the right thing. Just keep checking with the pro shop.

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

so the question remains, what kind of person does this?

were they neglected as a child? does their wife berate them every day? do they have small penises?

Colin P.

I would say the sort of person who rationalizes his own greed and self-absorption by telling himself that if he turned it into the clubhouse the staff would keep it or not make any attempt to get it back to it's rightful owner anyway so better he should get it than someone else. But then again, it might be a small penis. Makes about as much sense.

Sorry about my cynicism.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Sorry for the loss of your clubs.

I lost a great Wilson JP II SW once, and vowed to always lay my clubs down where I am going to exit the green. I have kept this habit ever since and have not lost another.

After I got home from a round this year on July 4th, I realised I'd left a TM R7 sand wedge on the fringe of the 18th, overlooked by the clubhouse balcony and remebering that there was a 2-ball behind me, it was never seen again. Perhaps they were visitors and thought 'Bonus'. I still forget to pick-up clubs but always do a club count at the car.

Funny thing how you first meet the woman that you marry. I first met the wife in a tunnel of love. She was digging it - Les Dawson

R7 TP 3i - 9i

R7 TP Superquad 9.5
R7 TP 3w
R7 TP's Rossa Daytona 1 TP Black R7 Stand-bag

Others only keep them if they're Vokeys or Clevelands, generously rteturning lesser brand to the pro shop.

and the Mizuno MP wedges are every bit the wedge that vokeys and clevelands are.

Colin P.

I I recently obtained a club that I found and turned in. After two months it was not claimed, so I took it.

I told you that some people do this! This guy even admits it!!! Why would it occur to you to claim this club?

Once you've handed it in, why wouldn't you forget about it? You must have been hoping it wouldn't be claimed. I await the reply where he says. "The pro came up to me and said "You know that wedge you handed in? It wasn't claimed after 60 days. It's yours."........."I had forgotten about it, but he insisted that I take it". And you advise the OP to keep checking at the pro shop! Hopefully you don't live in his vicinity.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Never give up hope!

I found my yes! putter after 2 months.
I had gone into the range a couple of days after I left it and they said it wasn't there. 2 months later a friend of mine gets a job there and tells me my old putter is there (a cut down yes! victoria putter with a red oddessy grip is pretty unique).

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Thats a good point. I JUST DID this to someone myself. I came across a wedge a few days ago -The course was dead and it was late so I didnt think the owner was still there, I put it in the bag, finished, threw the bag in the trunk... Got the clubs out today and there was the Titleist Vokey 58 that I had found a few days before. COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT until that moment. I felt bad and took it in right away, the front desk had a note with a number for "if it got turned in"... The guy that lost it had lost it early that morning, so he was lucky since it sat there pretty much all day by the green.... ANYWAY-- I agree, don't freak yet. That totally happens.

In The Bag:
Woods: Diablo Edge (Tour) 10*, 3W Diablo, 5W Diablo
Irons: Diablo Edge 5-PW, SW, and LW and 4 Ft-ibrid
Putter: Marxman Mini
Ball: z-Star..............eventually, cosmic rays will begin penetrating our atmosphere, tearing apart the molecular structure of our planet... "Ummm,...

Note: This thread is 4958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!