IGNORED

Sunglasses, need some suggestions

Note: This thread is 4982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't have a good pair of sunglasses for golf, and figured I should buy some since my eyes have been bothering me on certain days out there. Looking to spend under $50 if possible. Thanks

I should add that I must have a narrow face as well, because a lot of sunglasses look to big on me.

I personally like polarized glasses. Helps me read putts better. Not sure if others have the same experience as I do but seems to help. As for cheap brand of polarized not sure, google it??

Check out some Tifosi Sunglasses, I used them until I picked up a pair of Oakley's with the G30 Lenses in them. Tifosi does offer specific lenses for golf.

Tifosi Sunglasses

In The Bag

Driver: Taylormade Supertri 9.5

3 Wood: Titleist 909 F2 

Hybrid: Adams 

Irons: 3-PW Mizuno MP64

Wedges: Vokey SM2 56* and 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback #1

I am looking for a pair as well, what is everyone here using?

Wheels, the Tifosi glasses seem nice. Do you like the Oakley's better?

I really really really like Callaway glasses. Those Neox (sp?) lenses really help me keep track of the ball in in flight and when looking for it in the rough/tall grass.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

I do really like the Oakleys, The G30 lens is by far the best golf specific lens I have used. I've grown accustomed to wearing sunglasses while playing, and the G30 lens works great even in cloudy conditions. Everything seems more more defined and clearer with them on. The Oakley Flak Jackets have interchangeable lenses so it's very easy to swap them out with other lenses for other uses.

The Tifosi sunglasses I had before my Oakleys were also very good; however, I left them on a course while on vacation. If you don't feel like dropping 100+ on a pair of Oakleys you can't go wrong with Tifosi.

Like Groovezilla mentioned the Callaway sunglasses out there do a very nice job of picking up the ball, the pair of callaways I have are wireframed and do not stay on my head very well while swinging so I don't wear them on the course that often. They provide more of a greenish tint to what you see whereas the G30 lens Oakley has will make things slightly pinkish, but you do grow accustomed to both of them within a minute or two.

In The Bag

Driver: Taylormade Supertri 9.5

3 Wood: Titleist 909 F2 

Hybrid: Adams 

Irons: 3-PW Mizuno MP64

Wedges: Vokey SM2 56* and 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback #1

If you want polarized, Tifosi and Sundog are great. If you don't care for polarization or don't want to pay for it, if you can find Maxx Golf sunglasses at golf courses they are great (and great looking) sunglasses for $20.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got a TGW magazine over the weekend and I believe they had 3 or 4 models of Tifosi's on sale for $29.99.
At my local store they are normally $40-50. Seemed like a good deal

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Check out some Tifosi Sunglasses, I used them until I picked up a pair of Oakley's with the G30 Lenses in them. Tifosi does offer specific lenses for golf.

I second this.....

I bought a pair of Tifosi glasses with the tennis/golf lenses. These are the best sun glasses I have ever owned......which were Dragon, Oakley, Ray Ban, Utopia, Spy and Bolle. I liked them so much I got a pair of RX lenses with the same Tennis/Golf tint and WOW. These are great! The RX service was fast and exact.

I don't have a good pair of sunglasses for golf, and figured I should buy some since my eyes have been bothering me on certain days out there. Looking to spend under $50 if possible. Thanks

I second this.....

Agreed with all said above. I have a pair of Tifosi Forza with prescription GT lenses. Best sunglasses I've ever had. I also have a very narrow face and they wrap around my face nice and snug but are incredibly comfortable. I often wear them for an entire round of golf and never take them off, sometimes I don't realize I have them on! These are also great glasses for bicycle riding too, since they fit so close to my face and offer great bug protection.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I would never buy another brand other than Oakley. They make the best quality, best looking and most comfortable sunglasses money can buy.

I wish I could still wear my M frames, unfortunately my eyesite got so poor that I couldn't see the ball in the air anymore without regular glasses. And my eyesight is bad enough that I can't get prescription oakley sunglasses either, major bummer. Still have my M frames though, in case I ever try contacts or look into LASIK. But spending the extra cash on Oakleys is WELL worth the price.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

i wear my costas but those are out of your price range so i agree with the poster earlier who said to check out some peppers, i liked mine

Note: This thread is 4982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!