IGNORED

Golf Bags

Note: This thread is 5931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Most of the discussions on here deal with clubs, what about the bag. I recently ordered the new Ping Hoofer Vantage golf bag. It is the newest offering from Ping in their very popular Hoofer golf bag line. I have always been a fan of Ping bags and they have pretty much dominated the college and high school ranks. I did not realize how much better the Ping bags were until I purchased a Titleist bag and wow was it not as good as my hoofer. So what do you think what’s the best bag out there?

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I have a review of an Ogio Schling coming up soon. I really like it. Prior to that I used a Titleist stand bag from Japan that's great.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I did not realize how much better the Ping bags were until I purchased a Titleist bag and wow was it not as good as my hoofer. So what do you think what’s the best bag out there?

You may have wanted to add a disclaimer that this is your opinion, because I'm not completely sure everyone will agree you; I know I don't.

My opinion on Ping bags is that you either love them, hate them, or buy them because you see other people carrying them and aren't completely sure why. I'm in the hate them camp, I bought one because one of my younger brother's swore up an down that they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. I brought it home only to realize that it did not have a putter pit, lacked enough seperators to keep the grips from catching on each other while removing or replacing clubs, and the two strap system takes a post-graduate degree to get setup, and then halfway through a round it loses it's grip on the nylon straps. The only upside was weight, but by the end of the almost every round I was carrying it with one strap or by the handle, so there goes the weight advantage. I've since purchased a Callaway Tera-Firma X, and I've not had a complaint about any of the issues listed above. I will admit though, that Ping is the only company making bags that actually has a following. I buy whatever I think is going to work best, people who buy Ping's love them and when they wear out, they typically buy another Ping bag
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

I have owned a Japan issue Titleist stand bag, a Callaway cart bag ( several years old --- made by Izzo, I believe ), a Burton stand bag and a Burton Classics bag. Since I mostly use an electric golf cart, I have found the Burton Classics bag the most comfortable to use because of the ease with which the clubs can be removed and replaced. I hate struggling with the removal or replacement of clubs and while there are fancier, more colorful bags or those, like Ping, which seem to have a large following, each time I try another bag, I return to the Burton. If I'm walking, I use the Titleist bag. As I would like to walk more, and because I am not entirely happy with the Titleist bag, I look forward to reading the review of the Shling bag from Ogio.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

in my mind the best bag is still the ping j bag its the best looking and most comfortable stand bag.. i dont even thing they make them anymore !

MY BAG
Nike SQ 10.5* adilia nv 65s
Mizuno mp00-1 16*5 grafalloy blue S
Titleists 690.mb 3-pw s300
Cleveland DSG 54* 58*scotty cameron newport 2Titleist prov-1xSHOES:Nike sp 8 white

I have looked at a lot of cart bags recently and the best one I found was the Ogio Atlas. It is handsome, has enough pockets, and has room for 15 clubs all with full length dividers.

The Atlas works well in push/pull carts as well as riding carts.

After I received the Atlas, my wife liked it so much she had me order her one too.

Scott
Driver: Nike Dymo² Str8-Fit 9.5° UST AXIV Core 69 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Sumo² 3 Wood 15° Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 3/R 20° DGS300
Irons: Titleist AP2 3-PW PX 5.5 (+ 1/2" and 2° upright)
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design 200 Series 52°/8° Wedge: Titleist Vokey...

I think the Ping J bag which, indeed, they don't make anymore, was the best carry bag ever. I have an Ogio Shling which I don't particularly like. I don't need a label telling me where the water bottle goes.

I gave up on a much-beloved Ping Hoofer (my favorite green and with no logos but a Bethpage Black one) because the Velcro that holds the full length cloth dividers to the plastic separators on top kept coming apart evertime I removed a club. I've a Titleist X67 carry bag now that works very well. Of course, it's made by Sun Mountain.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

I'm in the Ping camp for now...but probably need to replace mine in the next year. The one complaint about mine is that the little velcro strap that holds the umbrella in place ripped off...so now I have to stuff my umbrella in my bag if I might need it.

I've just started looking at the Titleist and Ping models now. I obviously don't need anything toward the end of the golf year but next spring might be picking one out for my birthday.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

You may have wanted to add a disclaimer that this is your opinion, because I'm not completely sure everyone will agree you; I know I don't.

Yes it is obviously my opinion, and no I don't need a disclaimer. If you disagree thats fine, remember it is a forum. You live in Minnesota, shouldn't you be looking into a fur lined golf bag? Brrrrrrr

in my mind the best bag is still the ping j bag its the best looking and most comfortable stand bag.. i dont even thing they make them anymore !

That was a great bag, I still have mine in the garage. The Ping Craz-e-lite bag replaced the J bag. It is similar and as the name says, it is Crazy lite.

The Titleist bag I have now the X67 just doesn't work as well. The legs are more difficult to get right and it completely stinks if you use it in a cart, it is for carrying only. The reason I like the hoofer is it works well for both carrying and cart golf.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

You live in Minnesota, shouldn't you be looking into a fur lined golf bag? Brrrrrrr

Nah, it doesn't get that cold here

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

anyone know if titleist offers a bag with an insulated cooler?

Titleist 905R 8.5 Degree // Stiff
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 16 Degree// Stiff
Titleist 690.CB// PW-3 Rifle Flighted 6.5
Titleist Spin-Milled 56 Degree
Titleist Spin-Milled 60 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist Pro V1

I have both the Titleist and Ping bags, both only 2 months old. IMHO the Titleist is 10 times better.

Mike

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

I have an Ogio Syncro bag that I really like. Fits great on a cart and works really nice on a pull cart (as opposed to my carry bag which has been banished to the corner in my garage).

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

anyone know if titleist offers a bag with an insulated cooler?

I have about 5 bags in the basement right now, a ping, a titliest, an datrek/ izzo, an ogio, and a nike cart bag.

The titliest actually does have an insulated cooler pouch but in my opinion its so small its kinda useless, its also somewhat heavy but it does have great storage. The ping is one of the super light kinds, wicked light but not enough storage for my liking. Its held up pretty well over the years, the straps are starting to show the foam underneath but its seen more then its fair share of rounds. The datrek/ izzo is a nice bag, pretty light decent amount of storage nice blend of weight and storage. Plus its a Budweiser bag which is a plus for me. The ogio was my favorite unfortunately the strap broke this season and its been assigned to spare club duty. Loved the club organizer on the top, woods down the side, irons to the right and putter pit up top. The storage was awesome and had great features like a water bottle holder, scorecard and pencil holder, ball holders, it has like 11 pockets and isnt too heavy considering all the functionality. I just wish it didn't break b/c I've had reservations about buying another one of their bags since...

Driver: R7 9.5° Stiff

3W: V-Steel Steel Shaft Stiff

4W: Steelhead 4+ Steel Shaft StiffHybrid: CLK FLI-HI 20° Steel Shaft StiffIrons: MP-60 3-7, MP-32 8-PW Project X 5.5Wedges: CG10 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges, 2 dotPutter: White Steel 2 Ball Center Shaft

For a few rounds I was trying out a $28 bag I got from 2nd Swing (30% off the regular $40 price tag). It has two things going for it: A putter well and 2 full length pockets that can hold a 6-pack beverage cooler each. It came in handy a couple weeks ago in NJ at a drunken scramble.

But my main bag is an Ogio Vision (love the Woode top). I have had my Ogio for about a year and although it is holding up and is a great carry bag I can see how the material is wearing thin on the long shoe pocket. Actually when it was just a few months old it was like that, which makes me think the nylon is just too thin to begin with.

My next carry bag will definitly be the lightest thing I can find. It is amazing how much an extra pound or two adds up over 18 holes. Although since I use a pull cart maybe I will get another cart bag.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a Black Adidas Golf Bag, I got really sick of seeing my Taylormade Bag everywhere on the course. Now, I'm hard pressed to see an Adidas bag at all around the courses I play.

Japan may be another story.
Introducing The Weapons:

Driver- | R5 TP, Aldila VS Proto Shaft
3Wood- | R7 3.15
2Hybrid- | TP Rescue Dual, Fujikura Banzai Shaft3U- | 3U RAC TP 19, Grafaloy Prologic shaft Irons- | R7 CGB MAXWedges- | TP 58,56,52Putter- | Rossa Imola TP 34Ball- | TP Red on Normal Cond, TP Black When...

• 4 weeks later...

Last year i bought a Bennington with the Quiet Organizer insert. I love this bag, and I get compliments on it all the time. It's big, but it's a cart bag. It fits on my Sun Mountain speed cart no problem. The "insert" circles the top of the bag with individual slots for specific irons. Shortest to longest, so your 3 iron etc. is always in the same place. 3 slots for drivers and 2 external tubes for a putter and i put my 60° wedge in the other one. It has enough storage and a large cooler pouch as well.

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

Note: This thread is 5931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!