IGNORED

Dick's Sporting Goods jobs

TN94z
Note: This thread is 4986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone have an idea what a golf technician at Dick's Sporting Goods makes? I need a 2nd job to help pay some bills off.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Depends on your resume, but not much over minimum wage.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

At my local dick's, even knowing much about golf is not even a requirement!!! lol

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

they guys that work in the golf dept. at my local dick's are nice guys who at least play golf and know a fair amount about the equipment they have.

yea depends on resume a little but probably close to what a kid working in a chinese factory factory makes

Is this a joke?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

they don't get discounts on golf items either :/

Really? That would have been a nice perk. I am just toying around with some ideas. It wouldn't be needed for long. I just have some bills that need to be gone and I get impatient and want them gone now!!

Bryan A

kid working in a chinese factory factory

I'm confused. Is this a factory where they make Chinese factories? Or is it a Chinese factory where they make regular factories? There could be a big difference in pay.

My equipment:

Driver - Callaway FT3 Fusion (9 degree)
3 Wood - Orlimar Tri-Metal (9 degree)
Hybrids - Bobby Jones (17, 21 & 25 degree)

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Wedges - Warrior (52 & 56 degree)

Putter - STX Envision

Ball of choice - Callaway TOUR i(s)

If you live near a Costco check and see if they have any openings, the starting pay there is $15 hour.

Man that's some pretty good starting pay. But we don't have one near my area. Thanks

Bryan A

I'm confused. Is this a factory where they make Chinese factories? Or is it a Chinese factory where they make regular factories? There could be a big difference in pay.

Depends entirely on where you live. But I'd say closer to 2-3 dollars over minimum. I have a comparable job at Lowes (a department sales associate) which is basically what it sounds like you're referring too, and I get paid 3 dollars above what the minimum wage is in my area. If it's going to be a 2nd job for you, it'd probably be something you'd enjoy since you wouldn't be on this forum if you weren't into golf, lol. It'd be a job I wouldn't mind having as a 2nd job.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

lol, I meant a kid working in a chinese factory. Must of been a typo. I was referring to a sweatshop!!

Guy at the one by us says he gets everything cost + 10%

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

That's why if you go to Dick's you talk to the On-Staff PGA Certified pro, or assistant pro. Every Dick's has them, and they don't get that position without having credentials from the PGA saying they're Certified Golf Pros. When I go into my local Dick's (I love shopping there, probably because I'm from the town that the company was founded) I always talk to the PGA pro or his assistant. They know there stuff. The other guys, some of them know a bit, some don't know anything.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Note: This thread is 4986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!