IGNORED

Winter Golf Gear

Note: This thread is 4839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know it won't get cold for a while yet but I'm planning ahead. What kind of winter gear do you wear to play. I'm interested in all gear but most importantly rain gear and gloves. Thanks in advance!

My northface jacket, I always carry some hothands with me, keeps my hands and golfballs warm.

In the Bag:
Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Fairway wood: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2 4 wood
Hybrid: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Irons: some type of generic imitation, will look asapSand Wedge: Nike

underarmour heat gear under my polo shirt. and a nike windbreaker/rain pullover jacket and im usually good.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

When it gets cold I usually wear my snowboarding thermals underneath which do a good job of keeping me warm. Usually a long sleeve shirt on top and then maybe a fleece pullover if not windy. I wear normal pants just with the thermals since my legs usually stay warm from walking.

« Keith »

Sweatshirt, beanie and cold weather golf gloves should be fine in northern CA. He in Wisconsin you pretty much need snowshoes, a snow suit, ski mask and mittens.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Thermals,golf mittens, some type of long sleeve shirt, pull over and pants. I play in tournies thanksgiving weekend, christmas eve and new years eve since you have to ride I bought a car cover and a propane heater. It actually keeps the cart around 50* so it's pretty comfortable.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Cold weather... Like, aren't we supposed to sit by the fireplace, drink brandy and smoke cigars?
Won't winter golf cut into fireplace sports?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cart cover and cart heater are the way to go! Brandy is also good as WUTiger said!

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

ditto on thermals. And even more important to me are wool or wool-blend hiking socks. Warm feet and warm legs make playing in even near-freezing conditions bearable.

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

i prefer to walk during cold weather as it keeps me lose and warm. i'll second the thermal underwear. other than that just layer up with stuff that you can swing freely in. some hothands in your pocket is a good idea too. i tried the footjoy cold weather gloves but just didn't like the feel so i typically just wear a regular glove and mitts over them. and keep your head warm. i got in the habit of wearing a baseball cap with a stocking cap over top of it.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

• 3 months later...
Bumping up an old thread. I'm thinking about looking into some winter gear, so hopefully people out there can recommend some garments that are perfect for winter golf i.e. clothing that keeps your really warm but still allows you to make a decent shoulder turn.

It's pretty tough for me to enjoy golf in sub-45 degree weather here, so this might not work out for me, but I'm probably going to give it a try when the urge to play is just too much to suppress.

Constantine

I wear an under armour cold gear golf pull over. A long sleeve shirt and that keeps me warm. It was 32 in pa on sunday, and i wasn't cold at all. Just my hands :)

Bag: Callaway Org 14 Extreme Cart Bag
Driver: Taylormade R9 460 10.5
Woods: Nike SQ 3 Wood
Hybrids: Walter Hagen AWS 3 Hybrid
Irons: Callaway Diablo Edge 4-AWWedges:Wedges: Cleveland CG12 56 and 60Putter: Nike Method 001:Ball: Bridgestone Tour B33-RX and Nike One Vapor

Bumping up an old thread. I'm thinking about looking into some winter gear, so hopefully people out there can recommend some garments that are perfect for winter golf i.e. clothing that keeps your really warm but still allows you to make a decent shoulder turn.

I was out there today (and you live in NJ so you know what I was working with) and it honestly wasn't bad. The courses are empty as anything so finishing in 2 hours isn't out of the realm of possibility.

What I went with (from head to toe): FJ beanie (came in the winter FJ pack) Under Armour mock(I guess it would be considered 2.0 gear nowadays) Cotton polo Ping Pullover (honestly not that thick, but it works) FJ Winter Gloves Hockey leggings (I also have a pair of UA cold gear pants but they're kinda tight for my liking) slacks long socks and of course my shoes It was windy, 35º and there were some flurries out there but I didn't even need to warm up in the club house at the turn. Walking certainly helped but I think I'm gonna wait for a nice calm 40º day next time.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Lately it has been consistently 40 and below in NYC.

Long sleeve mock, golf polo, fleece and topped with a wind breaker.
Thermals and underneath my golf pants which is topped with rain pants if its windy.

For socks I usually wear my thin snowboarding socks which wick moisture away pretty well. I'll probably start bringing out my mittens to keep my hands warm in between shots. Just as long as you have plenty of layers topped with a windblocker, you will be able to withstand the elements.

« Keith »

I got out this past Thursday I think it was... was about 43° slightly breezy, some sun. Not too bad at all, really. I went with my Nike stocking hat (warm ears is KEY for me, LOL) tshirt/polo/nike thermal sleeves/sweater on top and long slacks. Good to go!

Now this week, it has been a different story. 38° and 30 MPH winds, no thanks. Hoping to get out either Thursday/Friday/Saturday if it gets back into low 40's with lighter winds.

But, to agree with everyone else, layering up with thin layers is the way to go! I really like the Nike Thermal Sleeves for that purpose. Not bulky and do the trick.

(btw, I told my wife to find us a deal in Orlando for 2 days in January. I can't take it!! MUST MOVE SOUTH!!!)

--- Rebel Golfer ---

I went to Dick's this evening for the first time ever, and damn is that place huge. I was very impressed with their overall golf selection. I bought a bunch of the stuff recommended so far in the thread, so we'll see how it goes the next time it's in the low 40s and not too windy.

What I got:

A Slazenger vest
Thin layered Nike and Adidas thermals
Nike pull-over
Footjoy winter golf gloves
Wool hiking socks

Constantine

I went to Dick's this evening for the first time ever, and damn is that place huge. I was very impressed with their overall golf selection. I bought a bunch of the stuff recommended so far in the thread, so we'll see how it goes the next time it's in the low 40s and not too windy.

I went to GG today and picked up the FJ WinterSof gloves and an Adidas "thermal compession" mock. Hoping they do the trick when I get out today (hopefully) and tomorrow.

Just wondering though, I have never tried the winter type gloves (on both hands), so what are others' experiences with them? I put them on and tried gripping a club, needless to say it feels quite bulky and strange.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

Note: This thread is 4839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!